April 18, 2014 | 1811 users online

Sunscreen - L'Oreal - Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

This is the first facial sunscreen I have used faithfully. I have tried to find one in the past. Other L'oreal's, Neutrogena's, you name it. The all had that weird chemical smell and heavy feel. This product feels light and silkly. I swear it even appears to even my skin tone. This is the first time ever a decent sunscreen has been a daily morning staple. I am in shock. My face is five shades lighter than my body! Which is a good thing. Now I just have to get some Jergens face cream to fix that :)

This sunscreen is the bomb. I have tried a lot of products and this really impressed me. I will be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by TheMkupjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail!!! I have been on the search for a facial sunscreen for over two years. My skin is very reactive, so I have to be very careful when I try products. I was not wearing a facial sunscreen, other than what small amount that was in my foundation, because sunscreen would cause my skin to break out. I use glycolic acid and retinol, and my esthetician stressed how important it is to wear a sunscreen, especially when using those type of products. However, what ever I used, department store, spa grade, or drug store irritated my skin. Then this little baby came along. AHHHH!! I will never be without. It most importantly does not irritate my skin, but enhances my skin. It gives my skin a radiance or glow, with or without foundation. Also, because it is a drug store product, I can take advantage when drugstores have BOGO sales. Ladies, RUN to your local drugstore.

Edit**** I wish my skin liked this product!! The silicones and the chemical sunscreen in this product began to wreck havoc on my skin. I do use a double cleanse method along with my clarisonic, and a toner, so I know that I was removing this sunscreen everyday from my skin, but it just caused clogged pores for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this sunscreen and it's soft and silky. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

Favorite facial sunscreen so far. I was using Neutrogena's SPF 70 liquid until I discovered this product. While I do like the Neutrogena sunscreen L'oreal really perfected the liquid formula. I've used it ever since it came out and it's the only sunscreen I use on my face. I've gone through a lot of these and always keep a backup. Loreal often shares it's formulas within its other brands. This sunscreen is nearly identical to La Roche Posay's Anthelios 60, Kiehl's Super Fluid 50+, and Lancome's Bienfait UV SPF 50+ but only costs around $10. I love the texture of the thin liquid lotion. It really feels like liquid silk. The formula allows you to put on enough sunscreen without feeling greasy because the bulk of the inactive ingredients are designed to evaporate (water, alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane). This also contains silica to help absorb any excess oil and makes it a good makeup primer. The actual sunscreen actives in all of the other sunscreens listed are identical, they all provide adequate UVA protection via stabilized Avobenzone (avobenzone+octocrylene). The formula also contains grape seed extract and vitamin e to act as antioxidants and help to neutralize any free radicals caused by the chemical sun filters. I never burn while using this sunscreen and I am on Retin A so my skin is really sensitive. It also doesn't irritate my skin. It is a really high quality sunscreen that is easily accessible and effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best drugstore sunscreen ever! I am totally blown away. I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin and I've tried dozens of sunscreens and this one is by far one of the best. I've been terrible over the years about wearing enough sunscreen on my face because even the ones that swear to be lightweight and fast absorbing aren't. This blends in easily, drys on contact, doesn't make my face shiny, greasy, or even dewy, and works great on my body as well.I also like that this is compact enough to carry in my purse and I don't have to worry about it spilling because the cap is very secure.

Two things I dislike about this product (but not enough to remove any lippies): 1) The formula is super runny, so you have to work fast or it will slip through your fingers. 2) It does have a sunscreen smell. Not as bad as Neutrogena, but it does annoy me because I don't like the smell of sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I decided I needed a higher SPF in my moisturizer other than Coppertone's Faces which has SPF30. I work outside all day with kids and I tan easily so I needed something that would protect my skin.
I really, really love this. I used to use Oil Olay's moisturizer with SPF 15 but found that it left me a little bit "shiny" in my t-zone. Since it's summer time, I don't want to add shiny on shiny. The L'Oreal Sublime Liquid Silk Sunshield (ugh the longest name in existence) has a milky texture and on me, it goes on matte. It is a perfect base for make up and I don't have to put an additional moisturizer on top of it...I usually would with other moisturizers so my skin would feel hydrated. It does protect my skin and I have noticed an improvement in my skin's texture when I don't have make up on. It's softer and my acne scars aren't so obvious.
A little bit goes a long way and again, this is a little bit of a runny/milky texture. I bought this with a $1 coupon so I think it is usually priced around 9-10$. I think the packaging is really sleek too...could fit in any compartment!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Really want to like this but I have combo skin and this just looks shiny and greasy on me. I let it dry down for 15 min before applying MMU and I just felt so shiny. Def not the worst sunscreen I've tried but I really had high hopes. i gave it 3 lip pies bc it didn't burn, I don't mind silicones and for the one day I wore it it appeared to do its job of sun protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by MissTorg

I love this product! I have naturally oily skin, so I'm always searching for a sunscreen that doesn't make be look even more oily than I already am. This product sinks into my skin quickly and dries to an almost powdery finish. I love it and highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by SPogue1

I have finally found my HG sunscreen for my face. I love this! Works beautifully with or without make up. Does not sting eyes, and does not make me look like I have bathed in canola oil by noon. Every other sunscreen I have tried for my face has made me super oily despite using a whole package of blotting papers. I have not burned once since using this but I am also applying every 2 hours when out in the water. Even with this heavy usage it does not cause break outs, build up, or greasy residue. Package is perfect for throwing in your beach/lake bag and you dont have to worry about it spilling beacuse the screw on cap secures tightly. Also a little goes a long way, seems kind of expensive up front but i have been using my bottle for a month (once a day during the week and several times a day during the weekend at the lake) and I am confident this bottle will last the rest of the summer if not longer. If you haven't found you HG facial sunscreen I suggest giving this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Lolat81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this sunscreen for a vacation in the keys and wore it everyday on my face! It felt so nice going on. Like silk. Not greasy at all unlike most sunscreens even facial ones. I really like the packaging . You get a small bottle but it's a thin liquid and a little goes along way so it will last forever! It smells nice and it's not overpowering. After a full day of biking and sweating and being outsidenmy face still looked matte! Like applying clear makeup or something! It is a great product. I would def recommend! Plus it SPF 50 which I wouldn't put on anything less on my face!