September 16, 2014 | 1754 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by lital274

Nice Mascara, don't get all those negative comments over here...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sailornibiru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from my roommate. She bought it, used it once and hated it. So she asked me if I wanted to try it, and I was like "Woo! Free mascara!" I was pleasantly surprised and have no idea why she was so put off by it. I really like brush for this. It's not wire but I think they're rubber bristles. It does separate lashes and creates a lot of volume. It also makes my lashes look very long when I use it. Which is difficult, because I have kind of short lashes.

The reason I'm only rating it 3/5, though, is because it does get very flaky by the end of the day. And also it can be a bit gloopy and makes your lashes stick together. But the brush is really awesome about combing it out of your lashes. You just have to spend a little time getting your lashes perfect and then it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is pretty good but nothing to brag about. Colour was good and black, brush was ok but it kept posing my eyes. I liked the reault but I wouldn't say there was much volume, just seperation and definition. I use a lash curler and it didn't hold the curl for more than 4 minutes. But all of this said I would buy it over and maybelline or loreal mascara. It didn't flake , it didn't smudge and came off easy with my makeup remover! Over all, pretty good

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by glitterglue420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One word--RELIABLE. I actually didn't wanna like it because the tube is so boring but after a while I noticed I was reaching for it more and more. I think every mascara should have brushes like this and They're Real's. It doesn't excel at any one thing. Aside from that, it succeeds all-around, making it my go-to for a basic mascara. The formula is wet- and good-enough to apply in seconds if you're in a rush. It looks better with 2 coats as opposed to 1 (blacker, thicker, longer), especially after curling lashes. I suggest everyone give this a try, return it if you don't like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is little to like about this mascara. It doesn't hold a curl, it does not give any volume, and it was clumpy on the very first application. The wand is absolutely terrible for applying. Finally, the mascara flakes off very quickly. The only upside is that it is easy to remove.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I received Benefit's "They're Real!" as a gift one day and I love it a lot, but I've been looking for a drugstore dupe since then. $29 is too much for me!

The rubber bristles on this one are VERY similar to They're Real, which is why I picked it up. I love mascara wands that have bristles at the end, not just a a round stump like most do, since I like to hold my mascara vertically to get the little lashes in the corner of my eyes. In that regard, this mascara gets an A+. I find it very easy to get to those stubborn little lashes.

However, it falls short of being a dupe for They're Real. It's not as black or volumizing. It actually reminds me a lot of Maybelline's "Full 'n' Soft" because it darkens slightly but still looks natural and does not make your lashes "hard" looking like some mascaras.

So I'm quite conflicted on what to rate Photoready 3D. I purchased this in "Blackest Black" and it still wasn't that dark. As well, it does not add any volume at all to my lashes, although it did separate them fairly well. I find overall it does not live up to it's claims, BUT if you're looking for a basic mascara then this might do the job. For me, I already have many "natural" looking mascaras and was looking for something to make my eyes look more dramatic like Benefit's and this was not it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by madeleineb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find it almost laughable that this mascara has 'volume' in it's name. To achieve anything close to what I would call volumised lashes I had to apply 4+ layers! I found the product overall to be very thin. It didn't give me the definition I crave and also couldn't hold a curl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you like Benefit's Theyre Real mascara, then this is pretty similar and way cheaper alt to Theyre real.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this would have work for my asian medium length lashes because of the rubber bristles but it did not. This gave me ok amount of volume and length. Holds a curl, no smudging. What this lacked for me was drama. This is okay for everyday and for work but it claim to give volume - it lacked in that department. Not a bad mascara though. Price- I brought it for $10 at CVS. I used it for about 3 months. The rubber bristle is great since my lashes never clumped and it was not messy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Revlon has released some terrible mascaras in the past decade and after they discontinued the perfect Colorstay mascara with my fave bristle brush I had given up on the brand in terms of mascaras - but there are two that have stood out for me in the last few years - this one and the now discontinued 'beyond natural' defining mascara which is now my second fave along with L'oreals Million volume and Maybeline the Colossal. This hands down is the best mascara I have ever used in my life and makes my lashes look like I have a full set of falsies on - and that's just with two normal coats - three and they look unreal. Non-clumpy, perfect formula (not too wet and not to dry) no flaking unlike the L'oreal and Maybelline ones, true black pigment and the brush is outstanding. Beautiful packaging feels nice in the hand too.This is my dramatic mascara for nightime looks, I keep the L'oreal for daytime wow lashes and the beyond natural for well natural looks. I should probably mention that I have quite dense lashes with above average but not over the top lengthso if you are in the same boat you will probably love this as much as me. Please don't discontinue this Revlon as I will repurchase over and over.