Avene Triacneal

3.8

WATER (AQUA). CETYL ALCOHOL. CYCLOMETHICONE. POLYSORBATE 60. GLYCOLIC ACID. AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). SD ALCOHOL 39-C (ALCOHOL DENAT). POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. CETEARYL ALCOHOL. ARGININE HCL. BHT. CETEARETH-33. DIMETHICONOL. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). POTASSIUM SORBATE. RED 33 (CI 17200). RETINAL. UNDECYL RHAMNOSIDE.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok, so initially I wrote a review about this product, and claimed it was the worst product ever. It's actually not! It does dry out pimple, but I think it does nothing for hyper-pigmentation, maybe overtime but. I'm almost done with the acne (even when I think I'm done, a new pimple seems to find a way to appear on my face).
Anyways, this product does dry out pimples, but that is all. I've been using it for almost 7 wks and I can say it is a pretty decent product.

on 1/23/2013 5:33:00 AM

the product does the job really well! it dries out my pimple and reduce the acne scarring! i use a good amount on my pimple and less on the scarring. i found out that if i apply it too much, my cheeks and forehead would immediately burn as if its been mildly heated but it goes away after few hours. it isnt really that serious for me and when i woke up in the morning, BOOM! i have dried-out-less-red-almost-invisible pimple. though, it might be the other way around for those with sensitive skin. all in all, the product is a repurchase in my list! <3

on 1/4/2013 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I use this as a spot treatment and for fading away my scars. I haven't seen an improvement in my scarring, Since this has a tiny amount of glycolic acid, I don't think it can do a lot in terms of evening out the skin tone. However, it works great at drying out my pimples. The only bad thing is that it tends to irritate my skin if I use it too often.

on 1/4/2013 5:04:00 AM

This is a wonder product. I am now 38 and have suffered from mild to quite severe acne since puberty. As I have gotten older I have many fewer breakouts but have been plagued by a very congested T zone and the occasional large cyst on the chin/cheeks which often rcur monthly and typically scar even with only the gentlest prodding!. I have used Retin-A on prescription but is too harsh and dries my skins out totally [having aken antibiotics and Roaccutane - which left me spot free for about 2 years but they returned gradually afterwards]. I have used Triacneal now for around a year. About 3 times per week on my T-zone and on some light scarring on my cheeks. I have had NO - and I mean ZERO breakouts. My nose chin and forehead are much much less congested and all the old scarring in these areas has completed faded so I have even toned skin for the first time since I was ten years old! I buy it in Boots where it costs about £20 but if you are in France stock up as i is around €13 so a toal bargain. I typically apply a very thin layer of estee lauder oil fre moisturizer on top and have a very light exfoliation around my nose and chin a few time a week.

on 12/1/2012 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This stuff is fantastic! I previously used Diacneal to help clear up my skin and fade post-acne marks, and the new formula is just as - if not more- effective. This helps keep my clog-prone pore clean (keeping them from becoming enlarged), minimized breakouts and heals active breakouts almost instantly. If I pop a zit on my super sensitive skin, it typically takes up to a weak to heal and leaves a red mark for months. If, however, I apply Triacneal after popping a zit (not a usual occurrence, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do), it heals within a day or two and doesn't leave a mark for more than an extra day or two.

I alternate between this and Cleanance K. Cleanance is a little cheaper, but also a little less effective on active breakouts or clogged skin, so this is my go-to if my skin is particularly dull or reactive.

It's not super cheap, but it's a real miracle worker. Using this nightly all over my face, a tube lasts about 3-4 months.

on 11/20/2012 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product made a lot diference for me. I must say, In my opinnion, this product is for post-acne. it helped to clear my forehead. Triacneal is good for red marks and is slightly good for scars. The most important thing is that this product prevents you from breaking out. Although, I have to admit that at first my skin looked worse, But you need patience and result will come!! only thing i dont like about this product that it leaves bit yellow color, but its better than face full of blackheads and whiteheads.

P.S. Triacneal is sensitive to sun. So i recommend to use it only at night. Good Luck!

on 10/25/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love how it got rid of redness caused by acne, also some white heads & clogged pores. Overall it improved the look of my skin, it is now brighter and clearer. However, it didn't help with my big fat inflamed pimples.. maybe it was not designed to treat cyst acne :/

overall, im ok with it, would still try a few more weeks and then decide if i want to buy it again or not. It is drying if you just use it alone at night, so I apply a moisturiser over it.

on 10/9/2012 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

After 2 tubes of triacneal I still haven't figured out if I like it or not. It keeps my face relative clear without drying out my skin but still I break out once in awhile and use BP to treat my skin.
The tube is hygienic and convenient, the cream has no odor and is a bit thick. Leaves a yellow tinge on my fair skin after application. It doesn't sting like diacneal and doesn't feel oily. Doesn't really effect my pore size.

on 9/26/2012 3:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pleased as punch so far (been using it since June).
Eluage Riche was my gateway retinoid and it became too mild after a while.
Perhaps it always was; while Eluage evened out my skintone, it did nothing for menstrual acne and my skin looked slightly dehydrated even though I buffered it with oil.
My skin is basically thin, pale, combined and easily dehydrated, acne prone. I tolerate AHAs very well and loved using Peter Thomas Roth's Unwrinkle Peel Pads (still a firm fave).

Triacneal shocked me at first, it was so strong. My first application felt like a chem burn for a few minutes; I was beet red and my skin stung a tad more than with usual AHA peels. Nothing that wouldn't subside by morning, mind you.

I soldiered through and after a week, all was well and tolerable. What amazed me the most was how effective this was on cystic acne.
I did experience a purging (on one side of the face), it lasted roughly two weeks. This was when I started using Avene Thermal water spray - it helped a lot.

So: I always apply on dry skin, after roughly an hour I spray lightly with Avene's Thermal water and apply/buffer with argan oil.
SPF is a must. I feel more sun sensitive than before but all other benefits considered, it's manageable.

My skin is noticeably clearer, more even, scars fade faster than ever, nothing dries out acne like Triacneal. I'm on my second tube now.

What surprised me the most was that Triacneal reversed some of the sun damage around my eyes (crows feet, now much more shallow, with skin seeming firmer).

EDIT: please, consider buffering with avocado oil - I find it helps calm the redness far better than argan oil. It is not as moisturizing as argan or rosehip oil but truly soothes and calms irritated skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, I purchased this from pharmamundi . com at deep discount; stateside I think this product hovers at around $60 retail but with pharma I paid around $20. In fact, I had such confidence I bought TWO TUBES (dumb, newbie mistake, I know). I had such high hopes for this to solve all my acne woes. As previous reviewers have stated, sure, it burns upon application but to me, I hoped that was a sign that miracles were happening.

Alas, after using this for a solid month here is my experience. While it cleared some old acne scarring on the apples of my cheeks and overall did smooth things out slightly, it clogged my pores. Badly. I religiously read the SCB and learned about the COSDNA and lo and behold figured out it was the Cetyl Alcohol and the Cetearyl Alcohol that had been clogging my skin up so much (compared this product with others that had broken me out and the common denominators turned up to be the fatty alkies).

It was with a heavy heart that I had to retire the TriAcneal to the back of my closet. Wish I could think of something to do with all that product!

Anyway, would never repurchase again. And a note to those wishing to buy: be sure to run the ing list through COSDNA first and compare it to other lists of prods that have definitely broken you out to see if there is a culprit in the mix. It's too expensive to waste.

Popular Treatments (Face)