October 31, 2014 | 1531 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Triacneal

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by cpstewart33

This is a wonder product. I am now 38 and have suffered from mild to quite severe acne since puberty. As I have gotten older I have many fewer breakouts but have been plagued by a very congested T zone and the occasional large cyst on the chin/cheeks which often rcur monthly and typically scar even with only the gentlest prodding!. I have used Retin-A on prescription but is too harsh and dries my skins out totally [having aken antibiotics and Roaccutane - which left me spot free for about 2 years but they returned gradually afterwards]. I have used Triacneal now for around a year. About 3 times per week on my T-zone and on some light scarring on my cheeks. I have had NO - and I mean ZERO breakouts. My nose chin and forehead are much much less congested and all the old scarring in these areas has completed faded so I have even toned skin for the first time since I was ten years old! I buy it in Boots where it costs about £20 but if you are in France stock up as i is around €13 so a toal bargain. I typically apply a very thin layer of estee lauder oil fre moisturizer on top and have a very light exfoliation around my nose and chin a few time a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by chrissyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic! I previously used Diacneal to help clear up my skin and fade post-acne marks, and the new formula is just as - if not more- effective. This helps keep my clog-prone pore clean (keeping them from becoming enlarged), minimized breakouts and heals active breakouts almost instantly. If I pop a zit on my super sensitive skin, it typically takes up to a weak to heal and leaves a red mark for months. If, however, I apply Triacneal after popping a zit (not a usual occurrence, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do), it heals within a day or two and doesn't leave a mark for more than an extra day or two.

I alternate between this and Cleanance K. Cleanance is a little cheaper, but also a little less effective on active breakouts or clogged skin, so this is my go-to if my skin is particularly dull or reactive.

It's not super cheap, but it's a real miracle worker. Using this nightly all over my face, a tube lasts about 3-4 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by jabajaba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product made a lot diference for me. I must say, In my opinnion, this product is for post-acne. it helped to clear my forehead. Triacneal is good for red marks and is slightly good for scars. The most important thing is that this product prevents you from breaking out. Although, I have to admit that at first my skin looked worse, But you need patience and result will come!! only thing i dont like about this product that it leaves bit yellow color, but its better than face full of blackheads and whiteheads.

P.S. Triacneal is sensitive to sun. So i recommend to use it only at night. Good Luck!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love how it got rid of redness caused by acne, also some white heads & clogged pores. Overall it improved the look of my skin, it is now brighter and clearer. However, it didn't help with my big fat inflamed pimples.. maybe it was not designed to treat cyst acne :/

overall, im ok with it, would still try a few more weeks and then decide if i want to buy it again or not. It is drying if you just use it alone at night, so I apply a moisturiser over it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by stls

After 2 tubes of triacneal I still haven't figured out if I like it or not. It keeps my face relative clear without drying out my skin but still I break out once in awhile and use BP to treat my skin.
The tube is hygienic and convenient, the cream has no odor and is a bit thick. Leaves a yellow tinge on my fair skin after application. It doesn't sting like diacneal and doesn't feel oily. Doesn't really effect my pore size.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pleased as punch so far (been using it since June).
Eluage Riche was my gateway retinoid and it became too mild after a while.
Perhaps it always was; while Eluage evened out my skintone, it did nothing for menstrual acne and my skin looked slightly dehydrated even though I buffered it with oil.
My skin is basically thin, pale, combined and easily dehydrated, acne prone. I tolerate AHAs very well and loved using Peter Thomas Roth's Unwrinkle Peel Pads (still a firm fave).

Triacneal shocked me at first, it was so strong. My first application felt like a chem burn for a few minutes; I was beet red and my skin stung a tad more than with usual AHA peels. Nothing that wouldn't subside by morning, mind you.

I soldiered through and after a week, all was well and tolerable. What amazed me the most was how effective this was on cystic acne.
I did experience a purging (on one side of the face), it lasted roughly two weeks. This was when I started using Avene Thermal water spray - it helped a lot.

So: I always apply on dry skin, after roughly an hour I spray lightly with Avene's Thermal water and apply/buffer with argan oil.
SPF is a must. I feel more sun sensitive than before but all other benefits considered, it's manageable.

My skin is noticeably clearer, more even, scars fade faster than ever, nothing dries out acne like Triacneal. I'm on my second tube now.

What surprised me the most was that Triacneal reversed some of the sun damage around my eyes (crows feet, now much more shallow, with skin seeming firmer).

EDIT: please, consider buffering with avocado oil - I find it helps calm the redness far better than argan oil. It is not as moisturizing as argan or rosehip oil but truly soothes and calms irritated skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I purchased this from pharmamundi . com at deep discount; stateside I think this product hovers at around $60 retail but with pharma I paid around $20. In fact, I had such confidence I bought TWO TUBES (dumb, newbie mistake, I know). I had such high hopes for this to solve all my acne woes. As previous reviewers have stated, sure, it burns upon application but to me, I hoped that was a sign that miracles were happening.

Alas, after using this for a solid month here is my experience. While it cleared some old acne scarring on the apples of my cheeks and overall did smooth things out slightly, it clogged my pores. Badly. I religiously read the SCB and learned about the COSDNA and lo and behold figured out it was the Cetyl Alcohol and the Cetearyl Alcohol that had been clogging my skin up so much (compared this product with others that had broken me out and the common denominators turned up to be the fatty alkies).

It was with a heavy heart that I had to retire the TriAcneal to the back of my closet. Wish I could think of something to do with all that product!

Anyway, would never repurchase again. And a note to those wishing to buy: be sure to run the ing list through COSDNA first and compare it to other lists of prods that have definitely broken you out to see if there is a culprit in the mix. It's too expensive to waste.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by electroheart

I've had recurrent breakouts of cystic acne and clogged pores for years. I got this on the recommendation of my dermatologist, and I was excited to see the results, but they were super disappointing. It burned immediately on application, but this isn't anything new for someone who has used a million different acne treatments over the course of their teenage years.
I went to bed and in the morning the larger, cystic acne had reduced a little, enough that I noticed anyway. I continued using Triacneal the following day and then woke up to a serious case of clogged pores. Continuing application only made them worse.

A definite no from me, but funnily enough, I find other items in the Avene acne range to be really nice to use. Just not this one!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by batspitcrazy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to like this, hoped it would replace a handful of other products with its all-in-one formula. NO. Clog city. I got the worst set of blackheads on my chin, between brows, and on my cheeks. Not purging, either. They started after about 2 weeks of use, and just kept on forming. I have gone back to using a separate AHA and BHA, and a good moisturizer and things have cleared up considerably. What a total waste of money, and what a mess it made of my skin. Horrible horrible product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

My skin is now da clearest it has been for yrs because of this product!!! I had acne since i was 14…and i have tried tons of stuffs and i have also tried a numbe of similar prescribed products which cost way more than this which i wasnt able to follow through for a long period of time to see result mostly because of too much irretations and didnt use it properly. After using it for less than a month, 90% of bumps on my face r gone. But i must emphasize its very important to use this with a simple and gentle skin care regime. I completely stopped doing any kind of mask and scrubbing during da cours of this product. If u have sensitive skin, i suggest to put this product on after a light moisturizer instead of before. Not just that it clearing out my skin but da dark spots that were left behind from a serious outbreak months ago are really fadingg!!!! Althought i still have pimples due to hormonal problems but wat this did for me is amazing enough for 5 lippies. My skin litterally look and feel better every morning…thx avene

UPDATE: Just like most acne treatment, my skin started to develop sensitivity over it and my skin becomes very dry and itchy with it so i had to stop.......

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No