Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

3.9

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 10/13/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like using a small amount of this as highlighter, or over another color to brighten/warm it up. I find that this does not last as long as my other 3 though. And it is hard to apply it sheerly enough so that it isn't like BAM THERES A YELLOW SHIMMERY EYELID.

on 10/11/2012 12:08:00 PM

i have almost all of the tattoos but this is one of my least favorite. The formula is a lot stiffer and glittery than all the other ones. I have a hard time getting this to blend out and apply evenly on my lids, although once it's on it's very pretty. I wear under warm and cool toned gold eyeshadows and it looks great, just wish it was as creamy and easy to apply as the other colors.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this product. I bought the Naked Palette a while back and I fell in love with the shade Baked. I love how it looks on me, To me this is an exact dupe in a cream shadow. Plus I've been looking for something that stays on my lids, other than the ridiculously priced UDPP. :) I'm pretty sure it'll last me a while, as well.

on 10/6/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have a few Color tattoos. I love all of them except this. The glitter in this is way too chunky. It falls of easily too. The color is a yellow/gold. The color stays on all day but not the glitter. The glitter ends up on my cheeks by the end of the day. I may keep this just because its easy to slap on and go ;) but its not my favorite. I have Bad to the bronze, tough as taupe, pink gold and charcoal. I hope they come out with more brown colors soon :D
Ive heard that they have started to dry out for some girls. Always store them upside down! And there is ways to save it if it becomes dry, just do a google search :P

I loved the consistency of this particular one. The color is pure gold. Imagine the shiniest gold you could find, and this is it. At first I thought it would never be wearable, but I have used it and it looks amazing. At the moment I said I wouldnt buy it just because I would like to try another color not-so-golden, but that may change. I will keep this updated

on 8/25/2012 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just hate this product so much. It looks terrible when you apply it and it's got some much glitter. Also, it's very yellow and I didn't like it at all. I don't know if the other colors are like that, but this one is just horrible.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love Bold Gold! I put this on in the morning and when I went to take it off at night it looked exactly like when I first put it on. I love this color with my skin tone. I usually don't like wearing eyeshadow because I like looking natural, but you can't really tell I'm wearing this eyeshadow unless you're standing really close. Of course the gold is more of a bronze color than a true gold, but I like it better this way.

on 8/18/2012 6:53:00 AM

One of the two Color Tattoo 24 HR products that I picked up when I was in London in May, and it is the one that I dislike the most. The other Color Tattoo I bought was On and on Bronze (UK)/Bad to the Bronze in (US). As I only own two Color Tattoos, I can only compare them to each other, and I don't have any opinion about the other Color Tattoo products.

The reason why I dislike it is that the shimmer/glitter is chunkier compared to my other Color Tatto: On and on Bronze, where it's more milled. When it comes to the packaging it's nice, but it is a bit unhygienic, since it's in a jar.

Other than that it wears well, easy to apply, doesn't crease, and the price point isn't bad at all! Overall it's a good product if you can handle the shimmer/glitter being a bit chunkier than On and on Bronze (UK)/Bad to the Bronze (US), and the packaging. I, however, would not buy this again as I don't appreciate the shimmer/glitter size in Eternal Gold.

on 8/17/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This holds really well with Mac Painterly underneath. Pretty much all day in humid weather. I just am not a fan of the color. I really don't know why I bought this, I tried Mac Woodwinked a while ago and hated the results. I look better in bronze versus gold so I am just going to have to accept that and move on. I do not want to give this a poor rating just because I picked the wrong color. The color is a very strong yellow gold with lots of shimmer. If you are looking for a subtle shade of gold than this is not for you. It screams yellow on my lids and I have a warm skintone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

great cream eyeshadow. seriously doesn't crease (even without a primer). I like the gold, but I wish there was a better color selection (similar to mac paint pots)...every color in maybelline are shimmery/glittery, even the white. This could be a great base.