July 29, 2014 | 1986 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I bought the Naked Palette a while back and I fell in love with the shade Baked. I love how it looks on me, To me this is an exact dupe in a cream shadow. Plus I've been looking for something that stays on my lids, other than the ridiculously priced UDPP. :) I'm pretty sure it'll last me a while, as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a few Color tattoos. I love all of them except this. The glitter in this is way too chunky. It falls of easily too. The color is a yellow/gold. The color stays on all day but not the glitter. The glitter ends up on my cheeks by the end of the day. I may keep this just because its easy to slap on and go ;) but its not my favorite. I have Bad to the bronze, tough as taupe, pink gold and charcoal. I hope they come out with more brown colors soon :D
Ive heard that they have started to dry out for some girls. Always store them upside down! And there is ways to save it if it becomes dry, just do a google search :P

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ladysupermarket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved the consistency of this particular one. The color is pure gold. Imagine the shiniest gold you could find, and this is it. At first I thought it would never be wearable, but I have used it and it looks amazing. At the moment I said I wouldnt buy it just because I would like to try another color not-so-golden, but that may change. I will keep this updated

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Amzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just hate this product so much. It looks terrible when you apply it and it's got some much glitter. Also, it's very yellow and I didn't like it at all. I don't know if the other colors are like that, but this one is just horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by forgetmenotbutterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Bold Gold! I put this on in the morning and when I went to take it off at night it looked exactly like when I first put it on. I love this color with my skin tone. I usually don't like wearing eyeshadow because I like looking natural, but you can't really tell I'm wearing this eyeshadow unless you're standing really close. Of course the gold is more of a bronze color than a true gold, but I like it better this way.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by vforvilde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the two Color Tattoo 24 HR products that I picked up when I was in London in May, and it is the one that I dislike the most. The other Color Tattoo I bought was On and on Bronze (UK)/Bad to the Bronze in (US). As I only own two Color Tattoos, I can only compare them to each other, and I don't have any opinion about the other Color Tattoo products.

The reason why I dislike it is that the shimmer/glitter is chunkier compared to my other Color Tatto: On and on Bronze, where it's more milled. When it comes to the packaging it's nice, but it is a bit unhygienic, since it's in a jar.

Other than that it wears well, easy to apply, doesn't crease, and the price point isn't bad at all! Overall it's a good product if you can handle the shimmer/glitter being a bit chunkier than On and on Bronze (UK)/Bad to the Bronze (US), and the packaging. I, however, would not buy this again as I don't appreciate the shimmer/glitter size in Eternal Gold.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kloud04

This holds really well with Mac Painterly underneath. Pretty much all day in humid weather. I just am not a fan of the color. I really don't know why I bought this, I tried Mac Woodwinked a while ago and hated the results. I look better in bronze versus gold so I am just going to have to accept that and move on. I do not want to give this a poor rating just because I picked the wrong color. The color is a very strong yellow gold with lots of shimmer. If you are looking for a subtle shade of gold than this is not for you. It screams yellow on my lids and I have a warm skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by carolyntaggart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

great cream eyeshadow. seriously doesn't crease (even without a primer). I like the gold, but I wish there was a better color selection (similar to mac paint pots)...every color in maybelline are shimmery/glittery, even the white. This could be a great base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my most recent Color Tattoo purchase. This is an antique gold color with lots of shimmer that is easy to apply with a brush, and it works best when applied in thin layers until you get the look you want. I wear this alone on workdays, and it brightens my eyes and is very complementary to my dark hair and my skin. (I have medium olive skin, but I don't know my MAC shade. Sorry.) This lasts all day without primer, but I've noticed this summer that it fades in the 90 degree weather. My other Color Tattoo shades wear perfectly in the heat, and I'm not sure what the issue is with Bold Gold, but I did not take a lippie off. Outstanding drugstore product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MERdusa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this.
I have been looking for a while to find something not only affordable, but also the right shade of gold.
Anyone else? That burnt-ish gold, that's very pigmented without being overly yellow or too neon bright?
This is it!
It's great for everyday wear, I just put in my crease to brow bone as a cute accent to a winged liner, I even used it as an emergency highlighter on my skin, and it looked pretty good!

PACKAGING: Good, like that it's in a glass pot, makes it seem more luxury. The cap is kind of a dinky plastic, but it's not a deal breaker.

TEXTURE: Nice, very creamy without sliding. Blends nicely, but can sometimes feel a little gritty, maybe that's the shimmer particles??

WARNINGS!!:
I have very oily lids, so anyone with the same should take steps to reduce the oil on your lids before applying, because otherwise this product is no good and it just looks sh!t really fast.

Very cheap too, general Maybelline prices, got it at Walmart for like, $6.50 on sale, and the product itself will definitely be worth the price, seeing as I've been using this for about 9 days now everyday, and I still haven't made a dent in the product, so it should last you QUITE a long time.
Hope this helped someone!