April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pretty eyeshadows! For $50 I better have a vareity of eye look options. This is a good palate though. The packaging is very nifty and not too difficult. The brush it comes with is nice as well. I think for my NC40 skintone the colors work very well in terms of daytime and night time looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the first high end eyeshadows I ever tried and boy, was I blown away! It's 60-something CAD and if you're torn between this and Naked 3, well get both.

The texture is buttery and easily blendable on all of these, a trademark for UD. None of the shades have terrible fallout so good on ya, Urban!

Foxy: yellowy cream, matte.
Half-Baked: bright gold, metallic.
Bootycall: pale peachy champagne, frost.
Chopper: rose-gold, metallic.
Tease: medium rosy taupe, matte.
Snakebite: dark bronze, frost.
Suspect: pale gold, frost.
Pistol: medium silvery grey, frost.
Verve: light greige, frost.
YDK: brownish plum, frost.
Busted: mahogany brown, satin.
Blackout: black, matte

Lasts all day and night with primer (might I recommend NYX HD Eyeshadow primer?)

A must have, even if you bit the dust and bought Naked 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Alilaliberte29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

a little over priced i think but the colors are wonderful!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by kconover2

I was so excited to get this after having my Naked palette for about a year, and deciding that yes, it was worth the investment. I love the Naked products, I use the 1 palette, Naked Flushed, and Naked Foundation on a regular basis. I was somewhat disappointed after using the Naked 2. The colors seem to "turn" very taupe-y or greige on me. I have a neutral skin tone NW30 and have worn greys and black without issue for years but there is just something about Naked 2 that leaves more to be desired with me. The fallout of a few of the shades makes the almost unwearable-- unless you like glitter all over your face. I think for the price this should not be an issue. The colors are gorgeous, and the pigmentation is great- just realize that not all shadows work on all skintones. This didn't give me the radiant, glow-y look I have come to love from the Naked Line. I also purchased Naked 3- and I wont even go there. It just wasn't for me whatsoever. I will be returning both and sticking with my original Naked. I wish there was some heavenly place for all of these tried once and returned shadows to be put to good use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by dootdootdoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not an eye shadow person at all- I think that it makes me look too "done" and that I've tried too hard. BUT this was definitely a game changer. The shadows are all very wearable and natural-looking. Yes, even a smokey eye done with this somehow looks natural, in a lived-in way. The shadows are all very pigmented.

What sets this apart from Naked 1 and 3 is the VARIETY and RANGE of colors. This one has base colors, highlighters, bronzes, golds, grays, a taupe AND a true black. 80% of the Naked 1 palette looks like a shimmery warm bronze on me. By the looks of it, 100% of the Naked 3 palette looks like a light shimmery pink. But for someone like me who isn't into intricate looks involving 5 shadows at a time, the variety in Naked 2 = more bang for your buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

This is my holy grail palate!! I love it so much, and it is perfect for cool skin tones. The packaging is gorgeous, and the price is a huge bargain. Some of my favorite colors are Tease, Suspect, and Foxy. If you're thinking about it, JUST BUY IT! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I rarely buy expensive eyeshadow because in my experience when you use a good eye primer the drugstore eye shadow is comparable. After all, they are usually made at the same plant. I only decided to splurge on the pallette after a co-worker was bragging about her awesome new shadow. Honestly, I thought it was stupid to pay $50 for freaking eyeshadow but damn, I was so wrong. I read some reviews and like a true beauty junkie, I forked over $50 and it was worth every damn penny!!

My first application was pure cosmetic heaven. The colors are pigmented and long lasting. I often forget primer and this shadow survives a 9hr work day and a 45 min sweaty workout.
My favoirite thing is I literally like and use every color in this compact. I take overnights trips at least twice a month so only bringing one case instead of 3 or 4 is very helpful.

Every single color glides on and I love the brush that comes with it. The crazy thing is I haven't washed the brush in a month and I can go from a light color to a dark and there is no altering of color on my eye. I have blue eyes and the golds really accent the color. I can go from a daytime look to a nightime look and I can do a variety of different looks with this one compact. Pinterest has some great inspiration using this pallette. UD should probably cut me a check for how much I talk about this product. Two of my friends bought and the ultimate compliment was when my husband told me how beautiful my eye makeup looked and that was a first in 7 years. Yep, I would totally recommend this and when I run out I will be sprinting to the store:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by tatumparks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

By far my favorite Christmas present this year. I love that they're all neutrals and color payoff is great. I'm not a fan of the glittery fallout from YDK and Chopper, but they're so pretty that I don't mind. I love this palette so much in general, it's perfect. And the gloss that comes with it is really nice too. Definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I agonised over whether to get this or Naked1 (I actually ordered Naked1 on eBay but I got a $50 FAKE!), in the end what decided me was the packaging and Suspect, which I love. Plus I found out it is paraben free from the new formula, so that's good.

I am so, so glad I bought this palette. I've never really considered myself a 'neutrals' girl, I'm always drawn to the brightest and most vulgar shades, but I often find that with my taste in clothes and my hair, wearing bright makeup is just too much. Naked2 is great because the colours are almost all work safe and inoffensive but the shimmer and pigmentation mean that you can look very bold and glam without crossing over into drag queen territory (though you can certainly do that too).

My three favourite shades are Suspect, Half Baked and Snakebite. Suspect on the lid with Snakebite in the crease and on the lower lashline, is a look I return to often. I think this palette has a great range of shades, including a bright gold and a silver, and enough mattes that you could do at least a few all matte, conservative looks too. The black shade is richly pigmented and very blendable.

I like the brush and find it very usable, though it's not the very best blending brush out there. I prefer it to the eyeliners some UD palettes come with. I like the little lipgloss, and it makes me tempted to order more, but my list of UD stuff I want to buy is long enough already. It's very tingly and minty, though the plumping thing seems like a bit of a placebo effect.

My only complaints are that two of the shades contain glitter, which looks pretty in some looks, but inevitably leads to fallout and just seems a bit unnecessary in a palette like this. I don't mind it as much in YDK but I feel it ruins Chopper, which is an otherwise beautiful shade. I also find Verve to be a little 'flaky' though it doesn't contain glitter.

In the unlikely event I used this up I would definitely repurchase, it is a wonderful all in one palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by jadyxo

I like this palette but I do kind of regret purchasing it because I only use the colors on the left hand side of it.. :(