December 21, 2014 | 1902 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by motovama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first bb cream. After reading the reviews, I desided to try Missha's cho Bo Yang bb cream in shade 2. It's been more than 3 months and I have no regrets about bying this product. The coverage is quite buldable but best set with a powder foundation, as it doens't match my summer taned face perfectly and the cream does retain it's slight grey cast, unless mixed with foundation or set with powder. The cream does make my skin look smoother and evens out the tone, just as it promises. Not sure if any of the funky Korean ingredients really do anything, but my skin never broke out or got cloged and the SPF 30 is a nice bonus especially in the summer months. I would definately re-purchase and would recomend it to to everyone. However anyone with a medium skin tone beware of the grey undertones in this bb cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by pdu2503

I have this in shade #2. I love the coverage this offers but it's a little dark for my nc20 skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by tina2e

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was so excited to receive some samples of this BB cream. It was my first experience of a BB cream and because of some of the great reviews I'd read I really expected to love this cream.

Alas, I found it be a little too dark (though I did get the lighter shade 1), a little too yellow and a little too dry (would be better for oily skin). I have dry, fair skin with pink undertones and would not recommend it for people with similar skin to myself.

I'm glad that I had samples to trial first. The hunt for MY perfect BB cream continues.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am currently using this for my daily foundation and I LOVE it! I have several MISSHA BBs and this one is my fave by far. Because I have a bit of color (it's August as I write this), I know this will be too dark for me mid-winter but for now I am really enjoying it. I ordered it from Amazon and it was very reasonably priced. I have it in the lightest shade and it's a perfect match for my NC15+tan skin (probably around NC20). It is slightly warm but pretty neutral, natural finish, does not cause any breakouts and wears very well throughout the day despite heat here over 90 degrees. Great product - highly recommend for the pale ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by anjeleta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this online in the No 2 shade and at first thought it was so dark (I have very fair colouring - alabaster skin and light grey eyes and blonde hair) so I mixed it with a little bit of Laura Mercier pale foundation and it lightened it just enough for my (currently tanned) skin. The coverage and texture of this BB cream is amazing. I have normal skin with an oily T-zone and didn't even need a moisturiser with this - it just smoothed on to give a flawless finish. Coverage is excellent and the finish is glowy. I have since bought this in shade 1 and this too is still a little too dark so it may be my complexion. I think this colour is rather ruddy (has a pink undertone) and I am more suited to yellow toned make-up. My MAC foundation is NC15.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by evilina3

Really like this one. I have used other Missha BB creams before, but like this one the best. It has a very nice texture, easy to blend. The scent is light and fades quickly. I have to worry about products causing break outs on my sensitive skin, but so far nothing. In fact, my skin seems smoother and more even. On really humid days, you might get a little bit of shine, but nothing horrible. Doesn't accentuate dry patches either. This is a keeper.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by emilee246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ok wow I am impressed by this BB cream. this is for sure med-full coverage, more on the full coverage side in my opinion. This is my first try at a BB cream, and I am sold. I actually bought 5 sample packs from a seller on ebay. I have used only one up in 3 days! you really dont need a lot of product. I apply it with my fingers. I havent tried any other way to apply it. I was so suprised how flawless it looks. I dont need any concealer at all, this does everything. I would perfer a lighter bb cream for summer or when I am just running errands. I love how moustrizing it is. it also last all day!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

This is hg stuff all the foundations I have bought in the past are worthless. I have discoloration pimples pores and it covered all like a dream. When I took off my makeup my skin looked like it was glowing. I was in shock. This bb cream has outdone all my expectations of skincare and makeup. Hygenic bottle that and I like the packaging it looks high end with the gold and black packaging. I bought it on sale so I can say that it is a decent value. This is awesome get it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by chloeanne7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's OK, just OK. Is quite a thick cream and provides good coverage for a BB cream. Covers up my red patches and even under eye circles to some extent :)

I also don't like it because it's thick it feels greasy on my face and I kind of feel like I want to wash it off all day, it feels sticky, I wish it was matte. I have very oily skin and while it seems to prohibit the production of more oil I feel like the texture of the product is greasy in it self. If I touch my face on something during the day a greasy beige smudge will ensure, I don't like that I prefer thing that set to a matte finish on my face.

I initially got a sample of the lighter colour natural beige and the colour was way too light for me but I LOVED the product when I first tried it so got a full size in 2 the deeper calm beige colour. Well it came and still not a colour match it is a VERY COOL tone beige, both shades are very cool. It's not really my colour but it does counteract the red in my skin which is a plus. Looks very unnatural when I first apply but then sort of blends into my skin tone after 30 mins.

Apparently it has ingredients like "Pure Gold", "Velvet" and "Deer Antler" :/ I don't know how I feel about this. Crazy Asian products (I can say that cause I'm asian ;) I use a lot of skin actives that are well researched and proved, pure gold, velvet and deer antlers sound like a bit of a gimmick to me. I also had slight sensitivity at first but seems to have gone now. Maybe it was the deer antlers hahaha!

The other thing I need to mention is it is apparently whitening, like most asian products, I'm asian but grew up in australia so I like to be tanned not white :/ The good thing is I have found no whitening effects.

PROs
- 30+ SPF
- Nice Coverage.
- Actually covers my huge pores well.

CONs
- Thick and greasy.
- Gold, velvet and deer antlers

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by GreenTea02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is THE BEST I have tried! Believe me, I have tried almost every Asian brand under the sun!(Perfect Cover, Skin 97 Diamond, Skinfood Mushroom, Dr Jart++ to name a few).
Cho Bo Yang has medium to heavy coverage and can be built up to hide redness, acne scars, and discoloration. The consistency is much thicker than M perfect cover. The smell is medicinal and semi-perfume-y. It reminds me of a Chinese herb & medicine shop. I use a pea size amount for my face and blend with a bare minerals kabuki brush. It appears very white (no gray cast) at first, but within 5 mins blends into your skin color. The oil control is great (compared to perfect cover), but I have dry skin so that may be why I don't have a shine by mid day. I wear it for a full eight hours to work with one touch up on the 5th hour. It gives my skin a glowing look without looking oily. It also appears the most natural looking out of all the BB creams I have tried. A deal breaker for me is if it causes breaks outs. This one DOES NOT ;)
I am very happy with this bb cream. I will be buying another bottle.