April 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am currently using this for my daily foundation and I LOVE it! I have several MISSHA BBs and this one is my fave by far. Because I have a bit of color (it's August as I write this), I know this will be too dark for me mid-winter but for now I am really enjoying it. I ordered it from Amazon and it was very reasonably priced. I have it in the lightest shade and it's a perfect match for my NC15+tan skin (probably around NC20). It is slightly warm but pretty neutral, natural finish, does not cause any breakouts and wears very well throughout the day despite heat here over 90 degrees. Great product - highly recommend for the pale ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by anjeleta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this online in the No 2 shade and at first thought it was so dark (I have very fair colouring - alabaster skin and light grey eyes and blonde hair) so I mixed it with a little bit of Laura Mercier pale foundation and it lightened it just enough for my (currently tanned) skin. The coverage and texture of this BB cream is amazing. I have normal skin with an oily T-zone and didn't even need a moisturiser with this - it just smoothed on to give a flawless finish. Coverage is excellent and the finish is glowy. I have since bought this in shade 1 and this too is still a little too dark so it may be my complexion. I think this colour is rather ruddy (has a pink undertone) and I am more suited to yellow toned make-up. My MAC foundation is NC15.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by evilina3

Really like this one. I have used other Missha BB creams before, but like this one the best. It has a very nice texture, easy to blend. The scent is light and fades quickly. I have to worry about products causing break outs on my sensitive skin, but so far nothing. In fact, my skin seems smoother and more even. On really humid days, you might get a little bit of shine, but nothing horrible. Doesn't accentuate dry patches either. This is a keeper.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by emilee246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ok wow I am impressed by this BB cream. this is for sure med-full coverage, more on the full coverage side in my opinion. This is my first try at a BB cream, and I am sold. I actually bought 5 sample packs from a seller on ebay. I have used only one up in 3 days! you really dont need a lot of product. I apply it with my fingers. I havent tried any other way to apply it. I was so suprised how flawless it looks. I dont need any concealer at all, this does everything. I would perfer a lighter bb cream for summer or when I am just running errands. I love how moustrizing it is. it also last all day!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

This is hg stuff all the foundations I have bought in the past are worthless. I have discoloration pimples pores and it covered all like a dream. When I took off my makeup my skin looked like it was glowing. I was in shock. This bb cream has outdone all my expectations of skincare and makeup. Hygenic bottle that and I like the packaging it looks high end with the gold and black packaging. I bought it on sale so I can say that it is a decent value. This is awesome get it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by chloeanne7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's OK, just OK. Is quite a thick cream and provides good coverage for a BB cream. Covers up my red patches and even under eye circles to some extent :)

I also don't like it because it's thick it feels greasy on my face and I kind of feel like I want to wash it off all day, it feels sticky, I wish it was matte. I have very oily skin and while it seems to prohibit the production of more oil I feel like the texture of the product is greasy in it self. If I touch my face on something during the day a greasy beige smudge will ensure, I don't like that I prefer thing that set to a matte finish on my face.

I initially got a sample of the lighter colour natural beige and the colour was way too light for me but I LOVED the product when I first tried it so got a full size in 2 the deeper calm beige colour. Well it came and still not a colour match it is a VERY COOL tone beige, both shades are very cool. It's not really my colour but it does counteract the red in my skin which is a plus. Looks very unnatural when I first apply but then sort of blends into my skin tone after 30 mins.

Apparently it has ingredients like "Pure Gold", "Velvet" and "Deer Antler" :/ I don't know how I feel about this. Crazy Asian products (I can say that cause I'm asian ;) I use a lot of skin actives that are well researched and proved, pure gold, velvet and deer antlers sound like a bit of a gimmick to me. I also had slight sensitivity at first but seems to have gone now. Maybe it was the deer antlers hahaha!

The other thing I need to mention is it is apparently whitening, like most asian products, I'm asian but grew up in australia so I like to be tanned not white :/ The good thing is I have found no whitening effects.

PROs
- 30+ SPF
- Nice Coverage.
- Actually covers my huge pores well.

CONs
- Thick and greasy.
- Gold, velvet and deer antlers

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by GreenTea02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is THE BEST I have tried! Believe me, I have tried almost every Asian brand under the sun!(Perfect Cover, Skin 97 Diamond, Skinfood Mushroom, Dr Jart++ to name a few).
Cho Bo Yang has medium to heavy coverage and can be built up to hide redness, acne scars, and discoloration. The consistency is much thicker than M perfect cover. The smell is medicinal and semi-perfume-y. It reminds me of a Chinese herb & medicine shop. I use a pea size amount for my face and blend with a bare minerals kabuki brush. It appears very white (no gray cast) at first, but within 5 mins blends into your skin color. The oil control is great (compared to perfect cover), but I have dry skin so that may be why I don't have a shine by mid day. I wear it for a full eight hours to work with one touch up on the 5th hour. It gives my skin a glowing look without looking oily. It also appears the most natural looking out of all the BB creams I have tried. A deal breaker for me is if it causes breaks outs. This one DOES NOT ;)
I am very happy with this bb cream. I will be buying another bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by telos7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As someone who doesn't need much coverage (my go-to makeup is Alima mineral foundation and blush) I think of BB creams as enhanced sunscreens -- and had high hopes for this almost unanimously praised version. With quite fair Asian skin (NC15-ish) even in summer, I felt confident ordering Cho Bo Yang in its lighter shade, Natural Beige. Turns out I'm still a couple of shades too dark for it. I agree that coverage is great, like a substantial liquid foundation, but for me it verges on mask-like, though I used only a 1/4-pea-sized amount of product over my entire face. Still, I'll be keeping this BB cream as a winter sunscreen and if that works well consider trying the darker shade. Two nagging questions: why is this BB cream so much pricier ($46) than Missha's Perfect Cover ($30)? And what in the world makes it the "Herbal Prescription BB Cream," according to Missha's website?

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

This is by far one of the best BBs I've tried. I've tried both Asian and some the US BB brands. I'm on my 3rd tube and I have another back up. Another product I can't go without. I am using the others that I've purchased but I have to put in additional work in order to get the finish I like. When I am in a hurry, I use Cho Bo Yang. I use my hand to apply and I'm out the door within minutes.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sdelory

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the Marcelle BB cream but it doesn't have sun protection so I thought I would try this one;

Pros
Sun protection
Good coverage
Very smooth ( I use the Beauty Blender to apply)
Doesn't cause breakouts
I ordered online and got lots of great little samples along with it!

Cons
What is up with the colour??
I am fair with Scottish/English/Irish colouring and it is still too light. I ordered the light thinking it would be good for my fair skin, it was too pale, so I ordered the dark to mix them and the dark alone is still too pale. I also noticed it has whitening properties in it, maybe it's an Asian thing. So if you are a woman of colour or have any colouring at all for that matter, this will be way too pale for you and pale in a greyish pale.

I'm thinking I might get a very dark foundation and mix a little in as it is a good product other than the colour.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No