Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 1/22/2015 5:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have this concealer in medium, and its undertones are far too pink for my yellow based skin. The coverage is great as well as the packaging, but unless I find a better colour, this just doesn't work for me.

on 1/21/2015 8:14:00 PM

I really like this for my under eye circles! Of course it's not as good as MAC's, but I love the brightening one! It does seem to last pretty long. It's a bit thin but does a pretty good job for a drugstore concealer! I never tried the other colors because the brightening one is also good to highlight. I often use my MAC Pro longwear concealer first (NC15) first and then this one over it.

on 1/20/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This really lives up to the hype! Beautiful texture (lightweight, SUPER blendable), long-lasting, non-irritating. The shade Light would better match my skintone (I am NC/NW20-ish), but I got this in the shade Fair because I really wanted a more pinky-toned, brightening effect. I have a pretty pigmented/purple undereye area, although thankfully my "circles" are only consigned to my inner eye. This is NOT a full coverage concealer and definitely doesn't cancel out my circles completely, but I almost like it better that way since it looks more natural. I usually apply it under my eyes and down my upper/inner cheeks a wider "V" shape, because it works well to counteract any redness there also. And needless to say, foundation blends beautifully on top of it, but even on "no makeup makeup" days it looks 100% natural on its own.

Re: the sponge applicator, I actually really like it, but I know it's not the most hygienic way of applying the product. I feel okay about using it because I ONLY use this product on my undereyes/tops of cheeks, where I don't get acne. (And I guess this isn't something intended for use on acned areas anyway, but if you're going that route, I'd put some on the back of my hand first. I know some people have removed the sponge entirely, but I think that would make a mess! :) I also don't feel like I'm losing any product to the sponge, because the click-up tube visibly delivers the product and shows how much there is left, which is SO much preferable than scraping the insides of a concealer tube with a wand.

on 1/19/2015 5:10:00 PM

I bought this product because I have the most awful under eye circles that I doubt even the most expensive quality brands would cover. I tried this particular concealer after I read some good reviews of it and of course it was quite cheap. I was overall very happy with it, it covered the circles very well, considering they are incredibly bad. I would most likely buy this product again. The concealer is also very good not only with dark under eye circles, but also with small pimples and redness, covering them very effectively.

The only faults I would have with this concealer would be that it is not very long wearing, starting to come off within hours, so touch ups are almost always needed, unless used in conjunction with a powder (I'm yet to find out!) Another fault would be that it is quite greasy, giving you a bit of shine and an oily feeling, especially on the forehead. I understand this though as it wasn't actually meant for the T-zone (only under the eyes), but I find this is a bit of a downside as it works very well all over the face. Again, a powder would probably fix this!

Anyways, a bloody good product and would most likely buy again, as it is a good price for quite a good concealer.

on 1/18/2015 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Holy grail for me definetely

on 1/18/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hands down Holy Grail concealer. I wear this just underneath my eyes and around my nose sometimes and it works perfectly. It's like a miracle-worker for my dark circles/spots. Definitely lasts all day on my oily skin.

on 1/15/2015 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

My daily under eye and highlighting concealer. I use it as a triangle under my eyes, across the bridge of my nose, above my eyebrows and on the centre of my chin. I find it's easy to blend (I use to the beauty blender or my fingers) it can be easy to apply a bit too much it which case it will crease under the eyes. The colour fair which I have is perfect for very fair nc15 skin tones. The coverage I find is good, though my dark circles are not that dark, and lasts well on my combo skin.

on 1/14/2015 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product didn't work well for me. I have very fair skin, so my dark circles are very visible, although not too severe. This did little in the way of concealing, only providing a thin layer of coverage. I think the consistency of the product is far too light. I also hated the sponge tip applicator which is just a breeding ground for germs and doesn't make any sense for a product designed for use around the delicate and vulnerable eye area. I ended up tossing this in the bin.

on 1/13/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

oh yes, this is definitely a good product...so creamy and blends out perfectly...covers my dark circles and works as a good base for eyeshadow as well...doesn't crease on me at all...the packaging is also very good i love the idea of the sponge applicator...i gave it only 4 lippies because it actually runs out very fast ! faster than any other concealer i have that i also used on a daily bases...good stuff...will buy again

on 1/11/2015 5:54:00 PM

This stuff is a huge YES for me! I have dark circles and will always have dark circles due to my genetics. It is a chore trying to find a cover up that doesn't crease or that doesn't wear off. Its a fine line to walk. This stuff just does it. It corrects and conceals and makes my under eye area brighter and makes me look refreshed. Now some say to top this with another concealer but you really don't have to. I have bought 3 of these concealers and really haven't found anything that works better. I wouldn't mind if this came in a tube or stick though instead of the twist up container with a puff applicator, but really it could come any way and I'd still use it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials