April 21, 2014 | 1082 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Instant Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ochocho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

To this day I don't understand how a $1 NYC mascara is infinitely better than every single other brand of mascara I've tried (to name just a few: L'Oreal, Maybelline, CoverGirl, Jordana, Clinique, etc.). It is the blackest mascara I've ever owned, which is perfect as I have black lashes that need the extra boost of black to stand out. It also separates my lashes and hardly ever clumps. HG Mascara for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by sweetlysour21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got tired of buying expensive mascaras I didn't love so I decided to do the opposite lol $1. My lashes are thick and curly but I like to look for a mascara that will separate and lengthen a little. This did the job and I think it would be good on all types of lashes. Thin brush but does well. Can be layered for night out or not for natural look. My only complaint is that it stays wet for a while which is a problem with curly lashes bc it can spread when you blink but not always. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Cynth1a

Best $1.00. Ive ever spent :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thanks to MUA, my faith in cheap cosmetics is growing by leaps and bounds! First, I tried Jordana's cheapo mascara and was totally blown away and now this $1.00 (yes, a single dollar) offering from NYC has me doing a double-take. Granted, if you're looking for volume & pop, the Jordana mascara is the better choice. But this NYC mascara gives incredible length and definition (hence the comparisons to Lancome's Defincils)! The brush is thin and really allows you to grab every lash. The formula applies thinly, so if you're wanting lots of noticeable color, you'll need to apply a few coats (or just stick to one coat of the Jordana). It's amazingly light on the lashes and clump-free. I would definitely reach for this one on those days when you want a bit more of natural look. No smearing, even after a full day, and it removes easily. If long, feathery, soft-looking lashes are what you crave, this is a must-try! You can find it at Walmart.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Desiree11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Def found a HG mascara here, gals. It's comparable to Definicils, but I got this at Wally-World for $1! (take that Lancome!). The consistency is not too wet & not too dry and the brush is small enough that you can get great volume and length for ALL your lashes without getting gook all over your lids and cheeks. will def get this again. It's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Isleta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used. I prefer it over Lancome Definicils which is pretty amazing because I got NYC Instant Lash at Walmart for $1. I guess this shows how little of the cost is actually attributable to the product itself versus marketing costs.

There is just the right amount on the brush from the git go, rather than too much as is the case with many mascaras. Just one easy sweep and I'm ready to go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great lengthening mascara for $1! It lengthens considerably without clumping. It's perfect for an everyday look when you don't want your lashes to look too dramatic. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by applecour

For $1? WHAATTT?! Love it. Seriously. Wouldn't use it for a night out, but daily? It's pretty good.

EDIT: I found a much better replacement! Won't be repurchasing unless I'm seriously out of funds (:

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I am very impressed with this mascara! For starters, I had to wait to get it because my Wal-Mart was sold out for a while, so that typically means that it is a good product that people are buying. You can't beat the price. And it lengthens and gives a decent amount of volume. I find after using this, my lashes look very similar to if I would have used Illegal Length. It did not clump much, and I have no problem with staying power. Great inexpensive mascara!! Get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

what can i say for a dollar it does the trick it stays, no flakes. great for dollar got mines at Walmart too.