New York Color Instant Lash Mascara

4.3

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Edit: I am changing to I will not rebuy. This is due to the brush NOT the mascara. For my lashes, the brush doesn't have the bristles close enough together to apply the product the way I like it go on without fussing with my lashes afterwards.

Great mascara, no smudging after wearing a full day in the heat. Washes off very easily. Lashes look lovely.
Will rebuy!

ok u guys were right again. awsome basic mascara that does not smudge even after all day wear on my stubby downward asian eyelashes! no scent or irritation or burning on my uber sensitive eyes! i used to use 2000 calorie by max factor( discontinued ) which is so very similar however mf thickens as well so what i found is i use instant lash as a base for lengthening, wait for it to dry then curl ( this mascara does not stick to curler at all and actually helps lashes curl better!) then go over it with nyc showtime mascara for thickening and volume...voila! love the effect and smudge free all day and my lashes look zactly the same at the end of the day as the morning! fyi i had to keep checking around at all the walmarts to find this so when i did i bought all 6 that were left on the shelf...at $1 big deal now im stocked :} fyi i was using physicians formula basic organic wear mascara which was great at lengthening anf thickening but smudged soooo bad

After my last mascara purchase I was dissapointed in my cover girl mascara and didnt wanna spend much. I got this one at wallmart for 1$ and it is great, my lashes have never been longer. I was actually worried they would be to long if I had to apply a second coat, great product.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Very good mascara for the price I paid. Can't beat $1. Good for every day use. Has a good brush. Kinda smudges when applied. Does not clump Over all pretty good mascara for this price.

This is my HG mascara. I usually dont like to use mascara much since i like to go for a natural look. But this is great, it doesnt clump or smear and lasts for hours. With a little eyelash comb to evenly places it, it has been my favorite.

Best $1 I have ever spent! I can't believe that this is better than any other mascara I have tried. It really makes no sense, but hey I'm not complaining. I have stick straight eyelashes so I try to find a mascara that gives me volume but is light enough to keep them curled after curling them! My lashes looked separated, fuller, and stayed curled all day!! HG for me, I'm very impressed! Since it's only $1, you have nothing to lose in trying it right?

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

To this day I don't understand how a $1 NYC mascara is infinitely better than every single other brand of mascara I've tried (to name just a few: L'Oreal, Maybelline, CoverGirl, Jordana, Clinique, etc.). It is the blackest mascara I've ever owned, which is perfect as I have black lashes that need the extra boost of black to stand out. It also separates my lashes and hardly ever clumps. HG Mascara for sure!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got tired of buying expensive mascaras I didn't love so I decided to do the opposite lol $1. My lashes are thick and curly but I like to look for a mascara that will separate and lengthen a little. This did the job and I think it would be good on all types of lashes. Thin brush but does well. Can be layered for night out or not for natural look. My only complaint is that it stays wet for a while which is a problem with curly lashes bc it can spread when you blink but not always. Love it

Best $1.00. Ive ever spent :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thanks to MUA, my faith in cheap cosmetics is growing by leaps and bounds! First, I tried Jordana's cheapo mascara and was totally blown away and now this $1.00 (yes, a single dollar) offering from NYC has me doing a double-take. Granted, if you're looking for volume & pop, the Jordana mascara is the better choice. But this NYC mascara gives incredible length and definition (hence the comparisons to Lancome's Defincils)! The brush is thin and really allows you to grab every lash. The formula applies thinly, so if you're wanting lots of noticeable color, you'll need to apply a few coats (or just stick to one coat of the Jordana). It's amazingly light on the lashes and clump-free. I would definitely reach for this one on those days when you want a bit more of natural look. No smearing, even after a full day, and it removes easily. If long, feathery, soft-looking lashes are what you crave, this is a must-try! You can find it at Walmart.

Popular Mascaras