Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

4.3

on 2/23/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My favorite lip butter at the moment. It's very pigmented, with this one it can easily look like a full type lipstick but with the comfortablity of a lip butter. This color is very rich and deep. I was pleasantly surprised by how dark it is. Absolutely beautiful color. If you feel this is too dark, just add sheerly or only add to top or bottom lip and a clear chapstick on the other lip ad blend. I think this color could also be called "Dr. Pepper Lips". Beautiful...

on 2/6/2013 3:29:00 PM

This is an almost perfect red lipstick. I started wearing this color because the Revlon Lip Butters seem less intimidating than wearing a full-on red lipstick, and I loved it and still do now that I've become more of an "expert" on red lipstick. The color glides on extremely smoothly, the red is a nice true red. Because of its creamier texture, you do have to re-apply more often than a matte red lipstick, but the plus side is that it isn't drying and it doesn't settle into the cracks of your lips like most matte lipsticks do. I lost my first tube and have already re-purchased a new one. Can't live without it.

on 2/5/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Absolutely gorgeous deep red. A neutral red, which is hard to find..believe me, I have tried lol. This is very long lasting and stays on even longer if you use a liner underneath.

Not too pink, cool or brownish .... again, it's the perfect dark red and works well in day or evening as you can tone it down (or up) accordingly.

on 2/3/2013 9:16:00 PM

I loke the lip butters in general. Nice smooth, somewhat sheer, moisturizing. This color has a special place in my heart though because it drives dh crazy with lust hahaha! I normally dont wear reds, I like a more natural look. But this red looks ok on my somewhat fair face. And like I said, dh loves it on me.

on 2/3/2013 9:01:00 PM

I wrote that I would repurchase this, although this particular color doesn't suit me so well. I would buy it again, just in another color, probably Cherry Tart. The formula for the lip butters is great! I have dry lips and these are nicely moisturizing and soft, while having decent staying power. I like that they are pigmented but not intensely so. They make for nice everyday lippies.

Now, this color is pretty but doesn't quite work for me, it's a little too brown, I think. I need something a little softer or brighter. I think I'm a little too fair for it, I have extremely fair skin, neutral but leaning warm, probably between an NC10 and NC15, and a smidge darker than Nars Siberia. I couldn't quite pull this off, so I gave it to my mom, and it was PERFECT on her. She's much darker than me, would probably be an NC25, and it almost turned a little plum on her, but it was so pretty. A perfect soft, but deep, pummy red. If that sounds like you, this is worth a try!

on 2/3/2013 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

PROS:
Nice deep red
No irritation
Minimal drying
Buildable color

CONS:
I needed to touch up after few hours, but I didn't expect this to be long-lasting anyway since it's a tinted balm

Overall, nice product for the price!

ONLY CON:
The packaging, (to me), looks sort of tacky.
PROS:
The color is gorgeous and rich.
The formula is delectable and moisturizing!
It's like a gloss and a lipstick all in one.
No scent.
No taste.
Can work as a stain too.
The color makes me feel confident AND sexy.

I recommend this, yalls, but, sadly, I have other formulas that I prefer.

PEACE OUT!

on 12/22/2012 7:22:00 PM

I love this product! It's a beautiful color and its really pigmented. It doesn't dry out my lips or anything like that either. Also, you could really play it up or down. I usually just dab it on my lips to give them a tint but you could make it super bold. I love it!

on 11/26/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am so in love with this shade. It's the perfect red for my skin tone. I love that it doesn't dry out your lips either, since it's more of a balm than a lipstick. It's a little more sheer than traditional lipstick as well, which is nice. I am obsessed!

on 11/20/2012 2:01:00 AM

I love this product! Such a nice everyday lip color for the fall and winter. (Although I do rock red lips in the summertime too, heheh). I am so happy that I discovered this while browsing through walmart. I was actually so desperate to buy it, that I purchased the last one even though the seal was broken, since I started reading raving reviews of it online from my phone while debating on whether to buy it or not. :x I have pale skin, brown eyes and hair. Bright cherry reds do not look good on me, so I have been searching for a noticeable red that I could wear and this is it. It's not over-the-top or anything, just a beautiful deep neutral red. I am in love with it. One light swipe will give you beautiful but subtle rosy red lips. Adding multiple layers will give you that retro , classy, genuine, deep-ish red color. I normally prefer matte lip colors, but this is slightly glossy and hydrating looking - which I do not mind at all in this product. It's easy to throw on before work. I expected this lip color to feather on my lips since the formula is so creamy, but it stayed put. I recommend this product to anyone! Although I probably will try and find this exact color in a matte lipstick for days where I'd prefer a matte lip (I hear black cherry by NYX is a more matte alternative very similar in color). I highly recommend red velvet to anyone.