April 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by qk

Ive been using this foundation for a while.However they are soy expensive that also use MAC F&B. So im fair, a bit greasy but not so much, and i feel comfortable with this foundation. Not a single prone and my exact skin shade. It blends easily and stays long.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Great foundation!! looks beautiful on.. very hydrating, and glowy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Tanamya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, because it matches my skin tone very well (light beige) and looks great on - when first applied.

However; give it a little time (hour or two) and my skin would look and feel very, very oily, which would in turn cause the foundation to come off and need re-application. One of the girls in the office was also using a Chanel foundation and had the same complaints in regards to oiliness - I think she was using Prolumiere, so it might be a theme across the Chanel foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this in the mail in Beige 30 from Macy's. It is a perfect match for my skin. Unfortunately, the good news ends there.
Even though I have a mild case of rosacea ( pink cheeks if I am out in the sun or baking but luckily no breakouts ) and am older ( a few fine lines but no major sun damage because I could never get a tan!) , I have pretty good skin. This foundation seemed to highlight my minor issues. Even though it feels light, it looks heavy on me. I felt like it made me look a lot older because it seemed to make some pores look larger and emphasized some fine lines. I felt like I was looking at my face in my 10 x magnifying mirror!. Since I found a perfect color match with this Chanel sample, I am inclined to look at some of Chanel's other foundations.
I just gave this 3s on the packaging and price because I wasn't sure what to do but had to give a rating. I have no idea what the packaging looks like or what the prices is but I buy Chanel polishes so I expect the packaging is nice and the price somewhat expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I never reach for this foundation in my stash because it is all wrong for me. Having said that, I can see this to be a good foundation for others with a different skin type from mine. My skin is combo leaning towards the oily side and when I apply this foundation onto my skin, it literally feels like I am spreading olive oil onto my face -- it feels THAT greasy! Strangely, when I initially bought it, I had tested the foundation on the back of my hand and I swore it didn't feel so greasy -- the skin on the back of my hands is quite dry so that must be the reason why it sunk it so well on the back of my hand and NOT on my face. The coverage of this foundation is light-medium, and it has a distinct floral scent that all Chanel foundations have. After applying this foundation all over my face, I looked like a very shiny greaseball so I dusted a mattifying loose powder over my entire face which helped make my face somewhat presentable. However, within less than an hour, I could already see the foundation oxidizing and my face getting shiny again!! *sigh* After a few more hours, my face just got greasier, darker, and the foundation was starting to wear off my face. This is all too bad because the shade 20 Clair is a really good match for my NC20/25 asian skintone. I can definitely see this foundation might work for dry skinned gals since it is very greasy and moisturizing, but oilier skinned should definitely stay FAR AWAY from this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by aperry

This foundation is my absolute favorite foundation ever. I have tried everything you can imagine. If you try this foundation, just make sure to find the correct color for you or else it won't look as nice. It provides a beautiful dewy finish, lasts a long time and just makes me feel great. I hope it does not discontinue ever!! I love this foundation soooo much! I am the lightest shade in this foundation. I have dry skin. I don't think it would work well for oily skin. Worth every penny. Yay!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by mittens4kittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was a big BIG fan of the creme version of this foundation however Chanel discontinued it so at the moment, this is my favourite foundation! I have very sensitive, dry skin and suffer from eczema and some skincare / make up can bring on flare ups so I'm pretty fussy however I like high end make up. This foundation is very hydrating, it is a liquid foundation and it seems quite calming. Its only pitfalls are that my skin seems to love it so much it eats it after 4 or so hours and the coverage is a bit light for my liking...it's very sheer but I think the hydrating benefits outweights that. I like to apply with my fingers or a Real Techniques buffing brush (goes on beautifully) and you can build up coverage. I highly recommend and will keep on buying for as long as they continue this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Teruma

I wanted to like this foundation but it just didn't work for me. I like the way it looks on my skin, and it is hydrating, but I just can't get past the smell of it: it smells like wall paint. And it transfers on napkins and phones and people...
I ended up giving it away so I could buy a different one.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by nunyabidniz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Giving samples just isn't done in my neck of the woods, so I generally have to take the advice of the consultants at the make-up counter and buy full sized products before finding out that they don't work for me (to put it mildly). This was just another one of those products; sadly, not even heavy enough to be an effective doorstop.
The color was way off, and not just a little bit - I had to completely re-do my foundation and primer before heading out the door because my face was y e l l o w after putting this stuff on. Even without the bizarre coloring, the makeup finish itself wasn't that great, nor was the coverage.
Will save my make-up purchases for trips out of country from now on. With the money I save from not buying products untested, that should be easy enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by tcsw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you have extremely dry skin like myself and like a dewy finish then this product is perfect. Litmus test is that I can hold a magnification mirror up close and not see patchy foundation sitting on the surface, in fact it's the only foundation I have used whereby I cannot see it visibly on the surface! It definitely looks natural. However the coverage is not that great if you have very uneven skintone. I mix it with Mac matchmaster for areas that need more coverage, i.e around the nose t-zone.
I use 20 clair cameo and it's perfect match for my oirental complexion.

The Vitalumiere Aqua has a better coverage despite the name, however the colours available do not suit oriental colour skin. The nearest they have is beige which in natural light you can see it is far too dark. Don't presume the shades for different ranges of Chanel foundation match even though the shade number is the same.

I have tried so many foundations, mineralize, laura mercier tinted etc but this one is really made for dry skin, even really flaky areas appear moisturised. Foundation should enhance skin not hide it and this foundation definitely does that.

I wasn't sure about 'designer' foundations until I saw a lot of make up artists recommend Chanel.

It is more expensive but there is something unique about the formula that makes is near invisible to the eye on closer inspection. I use about 2 pumps to cover my face, bearing in mind I have moisturized beforehand.

Hope this helps if you are considering investing in a foundation and you have dry skin.