Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance

4.1

(Aqua), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, Pvp, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Glyceryl Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25

on 11/11/2013 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Really enjoy this product, normally suffer from dry skin and its an excellent base to work off.
When I'm just ducking out for milk or to run errands I pop some of this on and translucent powder and its honestly enough.
A couple of times I've forgotten to prime and you can really notice the difference.
Have already bought again and will continue to do so!
Really loving LM's products!!

on 11/4/2013 9:35:00 PM

I love this foundation primer. I does feel a bit oily, so oily skinned ladies beware, and definitely does not prolong the wear of my foundation that much. However, that being said, this stuff looks absolutely amazing under light coverage foundation and mixed in with medium to full coverage foundations.

Personally, I love using this stuff with mineral foundation on top (I use the Laura Mercier one, which I love). Mineral foundation on its own has a very natural finish, but sometimes I just want that oomph without looking very excessively highlighted and this absolutely does the trick. Because the powder is very light coverage, this primer shows through and gives you a great glow. It also looks great under ultra-light liquid foundations and I have used it a lot under my Vitalumiere Aqua.

A little bit goes a long way and I have barely made a dent in my tube after six months of frequent use.

on 10/9/2013 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got one of those tiny samples that Sephora gives out and while I didn't appreciate it while it lasted, I'm really missing it now that it's gone. I usually use Clinique's pore-minimizing primer and I like it, but the Laura Mercier product is a little more substantial and really does light up my face. It's pricey, which is a problem, but I imagine that a full-size tube will last a long time. It's very light and smooth, and a little goes a long way. Very nice product (if it was available in the country I live in, I'd run out and buy it right now).

on 10/7/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love the finish and Dewey look it gives me, I would definitely buy it if I had the money to. I put it over my cc cream and I look so naturally refreshed without looking so tired all the time. It worked on my friend who had large pores and oily skin. I'm dry with oily t-zone and it really doesn't feel that greasy, it doesn't even really smell which is a plus because I usually hate creams and extra stuff on my face. Super cute finish, I look so awake and it's worth a sample at least, go to sephora!

on 8/7/2013 1:53:00 AM

Comparing this to the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, this is better. However, if you've got oily skin, it's not really going to help your foundation stay in place. My foundation starts to run around my nose area by mid-day.

You get a lot of product for the full-size tube. I think it's going to take me a really long time to finish using it.

on 8/2/2013 12:00:00 PM

I REALLY wanted to like this stuff. I love Laura Mercier's products, especially her tinted foundations and her other primers and like the idea of this primer giving you a bit of a glow.

Unfortunately the product was nothing like what I expected...

Pros:
-nice glow without adding too much glitter

Cons:
-emphasized my pores instead of concealing them
-made me break out
-greasy feeling, unlike the smooth/velvety texture of her other primers

Maybe this would work for someone with dry skin who had really small pores, but I would recommend steering clear otherwise :(

on 7/5/2013 5:20:00 PM

I have tried a lot of primers but hands down, this is the best all around. It gives me a beautiful airbrushed, glowy look if that makes any sense. It took me a while to get the hang of how to best use it for me. I do my normal skincare routine then I put the primer on. You must let it dry a few minutes first or it will ball up a bit when u put on your foundation. At least it did with me. Once I figured out how to use it, I now can't be without it. I don't think this primer would be good for oily skin gals as it would just make your skin look more oily.

on 6/29/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Just got a sample from Sephora. I have been trying out new primers and I am not impressed. Did nothing to keep my makeup fresh and my face still got oily. I would not recommend this product.

I love this primer! Gives my skin a very dewy complexion without looking shimmery. I would recommend this to anybody who has combination to dry skin. May not be best choice for oily skin. I use it under my Mac matchmaster foundation and it looks like my skin has been airbrushed and it lasts for hours. I bought the travel size tube to try it out. I will definitely be buying a bigger tube when I run out.

on 5/21/2013 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I haven't used primer in over a year. But the SA at Nordstrom's last event asked if I would try this; and I figured out how to love it!

The squeeze tube is the same as the one that they use for their famous TM.

Worn alone: Doesn't work for me. Results in unnatural yellow gold sheen.

Worn under foundation: It did prolong the wear of my foundation. But I didn't really observe any "radiance" effects. Seems that the foundation applied on top just hides that property.

Now, MIXING the primer WITH the foundation: Oh, my goodness, DEWY RADIANT GOODNESS. Kind of reminiscent of MAC Strobe Cream, but where Strobe Cream has a rosy hue, this has a golden hue.

Doesn't do much to minimize the size of your pores, but I still like it. My skin is combination and I have not experienced breakout after using for 2 weeks. Would repurchase