July 22, 2014 | 2498 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Radiance

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by completelynumby

If you're looking for a primer that's designed to make your makeup last throughout the day, this isn't the one I'm afraid. BUT - this radiance primer does what it says - it truly does leave a lovely, illuminating sheen to the face. Looks great under foundation. And for 50ml of product, it's lasted for quite a while!

The only let down for me = it's always made me break out, and I'm not usually prone to pimples and spots. Wouldn't buy again for this reason!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you crushed up a disco ball and suspended it in a very light shade of tinted moisturizer-Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer would be the result.

On the positive side, I kind of like this product, but only when worn with heavier foundations (such as MAC Studio Sculpt) and applied very very sparingly. The texture is nice and smooth. There is a slight tint - which I am not sure would be an issue for very pale folks (I am NW25-30ish for reference, so the tint disappeared under my foundation). It played well with my inherently dry skin.

I am not sure this primer did a whole lot for my skin texture or makeup application/longevity, but it did add a bit of a sparkle factor. I made the mistake once of following the Laura Mercier counter's advice that I could wear this product on its own without foundation as a "light tinted moisturizer". I shimmered sheened and sparkled from miles away - never did that again.

If you wear a heavier foundation and are looking for a glow-I would recommend this product in small doses. However, it is just a bit TOO radiant for my preference. My preferred primer for "glow" is Guerlain Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer-much much more subtle than Laura Mercier Radiance, and plays nicer with lighter coverage foundations.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ymillie

Anyone else out there that hates using a primer that feels like another layer on their skin? I'm so glad I found this primer. I can't remember how I discovered it, but this is my second tube (the first one was the hydrating primer).
The primer was I think $40CAD with 50mL which is well priced, considering I only use about a pea sized amount. I only wished there was SPF of 20 or higher so I don't have to use a sunscreen prior to applying this.
There's a slight glow after applying the primer, but it doesn't really show through the foundation, unless you're using something that has a sheer coverage. The primer is great for the winter time when skin tends to look a bit more dull.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by kcruz9

I love Laura Mercier and as much as I love the look of this product, it unfortunately made me break out. It gives you a dewy finish but if you have a t-zone like myself, it just doesnt work out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by saxgurl231

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second tube of this because I love it that much. This product gives my skin that flawless glow and I like using it under my mineral powder foundation. For me, the combination of using this and Mary Kay mineral powder foundation is a winner! The only thing I don't like it the packaging because for some reason the cover keeps popping off.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by xiaomaicao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is definitely a "wow" product! Knowing that applying a primer will set my foundation better, I purchase one of this at Sephora! Guess what? During my first usage, I was exclaimed by how dewy my face looks and it isn't oil that makes it looks shiny and oily. The mild shine lasted thoughout the entire day, although i still need to blot my face. As compared to NARS pro prime that I've used, it simply win hands down!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by mizzcremedelacreme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i found this product through here on MUA and wanted to try it for myself because so many people raved about it! I bought a sample off of ebay for like $8 just to see if i would like it and because im a brown skin African American woman so i wanted to see if there would be any issues with the color of the product for me….Well, verdict so far is... i LOVE it!! I've been using it for about 3 days. Usually i use the Smashbox photo finish primer (which i would not repurchase, it's just so-so for me) but i wanted something to make my skin dewy and glowy since winter caused my skin to be a little bit drier and i just like the dewy look! I have normal/combo skin. Just get oily on my nose during the day. I rarely powder during the day because im so busy too. But this primer is awesome. You notice the dewy sheen (NOT glittery at all) as soon as you spread it on your face. I spread it on kind of generously because when i used a dime size amount i wasnt able to see any difference. I wear Smashbox Healthy FX foundation which is sheer coverage so it wasnt because i was using a heavy foundation. It seems likes it fades away during the day but when i come home at night (after about 11hrs of wear) my skin is still dewy and glowy! I put this on after my moisturizer. I haven't experimented using it different ways yet but I will definitely repurchase! I read something about mixing this with Mac's strobe cream and that it makes it look even better so im going to try that next!! :) So glad i tried this! P.s. try not to use a lot of powder or it will diminish the amount of dewiness you will get !!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Received this as a sample from Nordstom and am going to order the full size after I write this review. I've been using Mercier Tinted Moisturiser for at least 12 years now and it's my staple, go-to product. I don't usually use primer, though I LOVE Smashbox Photo Finish when I do and have used that for years because it feels so good. I LOVE this Radiance primer - I can use it alone or under my foundation for a lovely, fresh, dewey look. It's a winner !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by psily24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer looks absolutely gorgeous on my skin. I use this under my foundation or tinted moisturizer, and I just have this wonderful glow that lasts all day! It really does give your skin "radiance". Very lightweight and goes on smoothly. I would have to say this is my favorite primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by reg81

I got this as a free gift at Sephora, I tried it, and I love it! I am definitely going to buy this when I am out of the sample.