Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

3.4

cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymersilica, isononyl isononanoate, isododecane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silesequioxane crosspolymer, polymethyl methacrylate, lauroyl lysine, hydrolyzed soy protein, ethylhexylglycerin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, methicone, tocopheryl acetate, coconut acid, water, phenoxethanol, +/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, and carmine.

on 4/15/2012 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

As I have tried so many foundations recently I wondered if maybe I should just try a primer and then maybe the foundations would look better/stay on longer/be more mattifying. Wrong. I always thought my skin was dry or combination. But with all the products I've tried recently I now know that I have very combination skin with dry cheeks and eyes and oily t zone. I never get spots, even as a teen I only ever had the odd white head! The only sensitivity I have is to some shampoos or conditioners like fructis which gives me bumps on my hairline! My skin is quite transluscent, you can see fine veins through it, very fair with pink cheeks. When I come out if the shower I am bright red!

I tried this primer for a week and my nose has never been more greasy and I have lumpy itchiness on my cheeks and the sides of my nose. I even got a bright red zit on the end of my nose and yesterday my cheek flared up all red and sore. As I usually have problem free skin apart from being a bit pink, this is a horrifying result lol. Don't waste your hard earned cash. I'm off out to buy a light moisturizer for sensitive skin now!

on 3/30/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good product. I use the tinted one and my pores werent invisible but they were noticably diminished, especially after foundation. What I love about this product is that it helps dramatically with my oily t-zone. I apply this to my t-zone area (where I can get a lot of oil) and throughout the day I will only get a little oil at the most. Overall, if you have nice skin this will make your t-zone look perfect, and if you have troubled skin, it will make it look much better. I cant really complain about anything except for the price maybe.. Doesnt rub off, doesnt smell, doesnt clogg pores, i]and is great for sensitive skin.

on 3/28/2012 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Its reasonably good. Helps my foundation to last longer and feels really good on the skin. It doesn't have a major difference on the size of pores but there is a noticeable difference.

on 3/18/2012 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't see any real difference with the appearance of my skin or lasting power of my foundation. I would not purchase this again.

I don´t understand how people could like this stuff!! This thing is so horrible. It can´t be used as a primer cause after i aply my foundation (MAC) it just let my face so CAKEY! I prefer the smashbox photoready primer, at least it does not let my skin looks so fake.

on 3/5/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

After 15 years of using the Pore Minimizer T-Zone Shine Control product, Clinique went and discontinued it! :( After freaking out and running to the Clinique counter to see if they replaced it I found they revamped their Pore Minimizer line, now calling it Pore Refining Solutions. They currently have only 2 products in the line, and so I was told that Instant Perfector replaced my favorite t-zone shine control. I was sceptical at first, and since I'm prone to redness in my nose and cheek area I selected the "invisible bright" shade. I'm SO happy to say that it works even better that the discontinued product I was faithful to for so many years! The packaging is better, with a slimmer tube and nicer look. It goes on smoothly and perfectly. It really does live up to its name - it instantly takes any shininess away, making my pores invisible and smoothing my nose, forehead and cheek area where I put it. It lasts all day, and the bright shade is perfect to highlightly ever so slightly. I love it and am so happy that for once, a discontinued product was replaced with something better!

on 2/18/2012 8:01:00 PM

Every time I apply this on my t zone before makeup, I would spread some under my eyes, and this actually helps my under eye concealer goes on smoothly and last longer. This product also makes my pores appear smaller after I remove the make-up. Great product!!

on 12/29/2011 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is absolutely amazing! It's definitely a quick fix sort of thing because when you take your makeup off at the end of the day, your actual pores don't look any smaller. However, when using it as a primer, it does seem to make my pores disappear completely. I've got oily skin and pretty large pores on my nose, and this stuff definitely takes care of the problem. I will warn you, though, that if you have oily skin and need something for pores on your forehead/t-zone region, you might run into a problem with this making your oil problem worse. It doesn't seem to do that on my nose, personally, but it does feel very slick, and I would worry that it would give my forehead too much of a sheen. Over all, though, this is another great product from Clinique! I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a day-to-day pore minimizer, and I would also recommend Clinique's pore refining correcting serum was a more long term solution to larger pores.

on 12/16/2011 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Did nothing really for pores on nose/cheeks. Made the skin feel dry and balled up really bad. Returned it.

on 12/11/2011 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have pretty big pores on my cheeks and I was looking for a product to make them smaller. I splash my face with cold water to close the pores and I put this on top. Maybe I should splash my face with warm water for the product to absorb, but in all this works and makes my pores noticeably smaller.

The reason why I gave it a 4 because it sort of left a white mark on my cheeks after I used it, and this is the first pore refining product I used, so I dont know if this is the best one out there, BUT it did make my pores almost invisible. I'd give it 4.5.