Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

3.4

cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymersilica, isononyl isononanoate, isododecane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silesequioxane crosspolymer, polymethyl methacrylate, lauroyl lysine, hydrolyzed soy protein, ethylhexylglycerin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, methicone, tocopheryl acetate, coconut acid, water, phenoxethanol, +/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, and carmine.

on 3/30/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good product. I use the tinted one and my pores werent invisible but they were noticably diminished, especially after foundation. What I love about this product is that it helps dramatically with my oily t-zone. I apply this to my t-zone area (where I can get a lot of oil) and throughout the day I will only get a little oil at the most. Overall, if you have nice skin this will make your t-zone look perfect, and if you have troubled skin, it will make it look much better. I cant really complain about anything except for the price maybe.. Doesnt rub off, doesnt smell, doesnt clogg pores, i]and is great for sensitive skin.

on 3/28/2012 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Its reasonably good. Helps my foundation to last longer and feels really good on the skin. It doesn't have a major difference on the size of pores but there is a noticeable difference.

on 3/18/2012 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't see any real difference with the appearance of my skin or lasting power of my foundation. I would not purchase this again.

I don´t understand how people could like this stuff!! This thing is so horrible. It can´t be used as a primer cause after i aply my foundation (MAC) it just let my face so CAKEY! I prefer the smashbox photoready primer, at least it does not let my skin looks so fake.

on 3/5/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

After 15 years of using the Pore Minimizer T-Zone Shine Control product, Clinique went and discontinued it! :( After freaking out and running to the Clinique counter to see if they replaced it I found they revamped their Pore Minimizer line, now calling it Pore Refining Solutions. They currently have only 2 products in the line, and so I was told that Instant Perfector replaced my favorite t-zone shine control. I was sceptical at first, and since I'm prone to redness in my nose and cheek area I selected the "invisible bright" shade. I'm SO happy to say that it works even better that the discontinued product I was faithful to for so many years! The packaging is better, with a slimmer tube and nicer look. It goes on smoothly and perfectly. It really does live up to its name - it instantly takes any shininess away, making my pores invisible and smoothing my nose, forehead and cheek area where I put it. It lasts all day, and the bright shade is perfect to highlightly ever so slightly. I love it and am so happy that for once, a discontinued product was replaced with something better!

on 2/18/2012 8:01:00 PM

Every time I apply this on my t zone before makeup, I would spread some under my eyes, and this actually helps my under eye concealer goes on smoothly and last longer. This product also makes my pores appear smaller after I remove the make-up. Great product!!

on 12/29/2011 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is absolutely amazing! It's definitely a quick fix sort of thing because when you take your makeup off at the end of the day, your actual pores don't look any smaller. However, when using it as a primer, it does seem to make my pores disappear completely. I've got oily skin and pretty large pores on my nose, and this stuff definitely takes care of the problem. I will warn you, though, that if you have oily skin and need something for pores on your forehead/t-zone region, you might run into a problem with this making your oil problem worse. It doesn't seem to do that on my nose, personally, but it does feel very slick, and I would worry that it would give my forehead too much of a sheen. Over all, though, this is another great product from Clinique! I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a day-to-day pore minimizer, and I would also recommend Clinique's pore refining correcting serum was a more long term solution to larger pores.

on 12/16/2011 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Did nothing really for pores on nose/cheeks. Made the skin feel dry and balled up really bad. Returned it.

on 12/11/2011 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have pretty big pores on my cheeks and I was looking for a product to make them smaller. I splash my face with cold water to close the pores and I put this on top. Maybe I should splash my face with warm water for the product to absorb, but in all this works and makes my pores noticeably smaller.

The reason why I gave it a 4 because it sort of left a white mark on my cheeks after I used it, and this is the first pore refining product I used, so I dont know if this is the best one out there, BUT it did make my pores almost invisible. I'd give it 4.5.

on 12/7/2011 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Bought , had it on for a day and the end. Didn't like it at all, at the end of the day my face was dry, patchy, dull. icky returned it yhea!

Popular Primer/ Correctors