GLAMGLOW Mud Mask

3.2

Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminium Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinesis Leef (Green Tea Leef), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tee), Chamomilla Recutica Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benxyl Benzonate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Prpylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

I first used this product as a sample and loved it -i loved it so much that I used it on my wedding day!
I am surprised by the poor reviews. I bought the full product and I use this as a spot treatment on zits, and as an overall mask.
It tingles at first (for me it doesn't burn) then slowly hardens. When you wash it off it is a very nice exfoliant.
It gives me a beautiful glow, makes my skin very soft and smooth, and makes my zits smaller and less red. I feel like the volcanic clay ingredient sucks up the oil from the zit... I love it!
Bulky packaging, high price and a small amount of actual product are definite draw backs, but for me the glow and zit-killing makes it worth it.

on 9/6/2014 10:51:00 PM

Holy face burn!! I received a sample of this and did not even keep on for a full minute, the directions state there will be a "tingle-tastic tightening effect" but all I felt was my skin on fire. I rinsed immedately with cold water. And I don't even have sensitive skin.

Will never purchase this.

on 8/30/2014 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First of all, this product looks revolting. It's the color of mud, which is fine, but it has these weird leaf like pieces in it and does not apply evenly. I literally gagged while putting it on my face. Beyond that, I didn't think this was any different than any Freeman clay mask I have used. I would never recommend this to anyone.

on 8/30/2014 9:07:00 AM

Bought this product in duty free whilst flying home from holiday. The product does work and does what it claims to do. You can feel it working whilst on your face and can feel it tightening your face too - which I love! I also love how it is also an exfoliator when you wash it off. HOWEVER, the pot is so small, and I am one of those people who loves slapping on loads of product. I managed to do thin layers (which is definitely all you need) however, I still only got about 8-10 uses out of it. Would I buy it again? No. I think they're are better products out there for the price and size. But for travel purposes, it definitely works.

on 8/30/2014 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

If I could give this mask zero lippies, I WOULD. I have acne prone skin, but it is really tough when it comes to experimenting with products. I tried this product twice! Once a year ago and once just recently when I got a sample in the GlossyBox. The first time I used it, after thorough washing and even a shower after, my pores were left BLACK from the mask. Every single pore on my face looked as if I had millions of blackheads. DISGUSTING. The second time I used it, I hoped that maybe my skin would react differently, but this time it was WORSE. My skin basically purged itself after using this mask. I used it before bed (washing after the given time limit), no black pores this time (THANK GOODNESS), and when I woke up my cheeks were left with huge, almost cystic, pimples! UGH! After spending a full year on acne medication, my skin was pretty much acne free besides the one or two "time of the month" visits. This product made my skin look even more disgusting than it did before I went on medication. PLEASE save yourself.

on 8/27/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received a sample size of Youthmud and liked it enough to purchase a full size. I don't know what happened, but the very first time I used the full size, the very next morning I had about 4 new zits. A week later I still have one on my cheek that is painful. I might try it again some other time, but right now it's going to be sitting in my drawer. I have normal/dry skin and just wanted to do something different so that's why I bought this mask. I have since purchased a pumpkin mask and some retinol to help clear up the breakouts the Glamglow caused. Will not repurchase.

on 8/25/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Amazing!!! In the winter/fall I have VERYYYY dry skin, I wish I had this product before so I could have worked on my skin during that time. This is a clay mask and I used to use a clay mask long ago, but it would majorly dry me out! This has little tiny scrubbing balls that you scrub before removing and afterwards your face is as soft as a baby's bottom! Perfect for us dry skin girls. And it does somewhat clear up my skin, but I do not have a lot of acne so I wouldn't be able to give advice in that area. But whenever I do have acne the day after using this they seem smaller! Love this stuff. I have been told by some oily skin girls that is doesn't do much for them and some love it. So I guess it just depends on your other concerns. For those with a lot of acne issues I think the one in the white packaging would be best for you! Also I believe the clumps in this are dried tea tree leaves which is VERY good for your skin. Wishing it was cheaper!

on 8/12/2014 11:14:00 PM

This mask works, but for the price I'd expect a lot more than just clay and tea leaves that keep falling off during application (annoying!). The tingling/burning sensation gives the impression of some kind of miracle going on, but it doesn't do any more than your regular drugstore mud mask.

The packaging is lovely and I liked the smell. I got the sample size and do not plan on repurchasing.

on 8/8/2014 7:21:00 PM

I have tried 3 of the 4 Glamglow masks- Youthmud, Powermud Dual Cleanse, and SuperMud. I have liked them all, but I have yet to purchase any. I just keep asking for samples at cosmetic counters because it's really pricey for a tiny amount and I'm still nervous my skin will react badly. Youthmud tingles a little, but cleans well. Supermud cleans my skin out the best. I actually said "wow!" when I rinsed it off. Powermud was the most gentle of the three I tried, it is a mask and then when you go to rinse it in turns into an oil based cleanser and it smells nice. That all said, they are a bit harsh overall except maybe for the Powermud, so I'm very nervous that my skin is going to react badly. I didn't take review lippies off for that, since I can't predict the future, but it seems a fine line between skin clearing and too harsh to make skin look better.

on 8/4/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have used much cheaper masks with better results. This is nothing to write home about except all the reviews where it has been irritating to the skin.
DO not believe the hype this is not a magical mask worth trying. Save your money or better yet spend it on a mask that has better ingredients and healing properties for your skin.

Popular Masks