GLAMGLOW Mud Mask

3.2

Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminium Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinesis Leef (Green Tea Leef), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tee), Chamomilla Recutica Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benxyl Benzonate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Prpylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 8/30/2014 9:07:00 AM

Bought this product in duty free whilst flying home from holiday. The product does work and does what it claims to do. You can feel it working whilst on your face and can feel it tightening your face too - which I love! I also love how it is also an exfoliator when you wash it off. HOWEVER, the pot is so small, and I am one of those people who loves slapping on loads of product. I managed to do thin layers (which is definitely all you need) however, I still only got about 8-10 uses out of it. Would I buy it again? No. I think they're are better products out there for the price and size. But for travel purposes, it definitely works.

on 8/30/2014 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

If I could give this mask zero lippies, I WOULD. I have acne prone skin, but it is really tough when it comes to experimenting with products. I tried this product twice! Once a year ago and once just recently when I got a sample in the GlossyBox. The first time I used it, after thorough washing and even a shower after, my pores were left BLACK from the mask. Every single pore on my face looked as if I had millions of blackheads. DISGUSTING. The second time I used it, I hoped that maybe my skin would react differently, but this time it was WORSE. My skin basically purged itself after using this mask. I used it before bed (washing after the given time limit), no black pores this time (THANK GOODNESS), and when I woke up my cheeks were left with huge, almost cystic, pimples! UGH! After spending a full year on acne medication, my skin was pretty much acne free besides the one or two "time of the month" visits. This product made my skin look even more disgusting than it did before I went on medication. PLEASE save yourself.

on 8/27/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received a sample size of Youthmud and liked it enough to purchase a full size. I don't know what happened, but the very first time I used the full size, the very next morning I had about 4 new zits. A week later I still have one on my cheek that is painful. I might try it again some other time, but right now it's going to be sitting in my drawer. I have normal/dry skin and just wanted to do something different so that's why I bought this mask. I have since purchased a pumpkin mask and some retinol to help clear up the breakouts the Glamglow caused. Will not repurchase.

on 8/25/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Amazing!!! In the winter/fall I have VERYYYY dry skin, I wish I had this product before so I could have worked on my skin during that time. This is a clay mask and I used to use a clay mask long ago, but it would majorly dry me out! This has little tiny scrubbing balls that you scrub before removing and afterwards your face is as soft as a baby's bottom! Perfect for us dry skin girls. And it does somewhat clear up my skin, but I do not have a lot of acne so I wouldn't be able to give advice in that area. But whenever I do have acne the day after using this they seem smaller! Love this stuff. I have been told by some oily skin girls that is doesn't do much for them and some love it. So I guess it just depends on your other concerns. For those with a lot of acne issues I think the one in the white packaging would be best for you! Also I believe the clumps in this are dried tea tree leaves which is VERY good for your skin. Wishing it was cheaper!

on 8/12/2014 11:14:00 PM

This mask works, but for the price I'd expect a lot more than just clay and tea leaves that keep falling off during application (annoying!). The tingling/burning sensation gives the impression of some kind of miracle going on, but it doesn't do any more than your regular drugstore mud mask.

The packaging is lovely and I liked the smell. I got the sample size and do not plan on repurchasing.

on 8/8/2014 7:21:00 PM

I have tried 3 of the 4 Glamglow masks- Youthmud, Powermud Dual Cleanse, and SuperMud. I have liked them all, but I have yet to purchase any. I just keep asking for samples at cosmetic counters because it's really pricey for a tiny amount and I'm still nervous my skin will react badly. Youthmud tingles a little, but cleans well. Supermud cleans my skin out the best. I actually said "wow!" when I rinsed it off. Powermud was the most gentle of the three I tried, it is a mask and then when you go to rinse it in turns into an oil based cleanser and it smells nice. That all said, they are a bit harsh overall except maybe for the Powermud, so I'm very nervous that my skin is going to react badly. I didn't take review lippies off for that, since I can't predict the future, but it seems a fine line between skin clearing and too harsh to make skin look better.

on 8/4/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have used much cheaper masks with better results. This is nothing to write home about except all the reviews where it has been irritating to the skin.
DO not believe the hype this is not a magical mask worth trying. Save your money or better yet spend it on a mask that has better ingredients and healing properties for your skin.

on 8/3/2014 12:53:00 AM

I tried a small size of the Youthmud product. I found it to be quite a harsh product -- the exfoliating bits are particularly big and rough, and the mud is strongly fragranced. I could not leave it on my face for too long before it started to sting. It's also a complete PITA to wash off and all the leafy pieces end up clogging up your sink. Shockingly mediocre verging on just plain bad.

on 7/27/2014 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I heard so much about this product on YouTube so I figured it had to be amazing, so while in sephora I bought the sample size for $19. I was so excited to get home and try this mask. After I used it I felt disappointed, I didn't notice anything spectacular- my H20+ mask works just as well and is cheaper than the sample of this mask. I don't know if I just had really high expectations of this product or if it had too much hype. But I won't be buying again any time soon. And I'm so thankful I decided to buy the sample and not the original size which is way overpriced!!

on 7/14/2014 11:04:00 AM

I found this to be a terribly disappointing product and very pricey. I believe it can be difficult to locate in beauticians in Ireland, but my local had it and claims to be Irelands No1 supplier of the Glamglow range, Its not a very nice texture, its heavy and flaky. On the leaflet with it, it did warn you may experience a tingling sensation. I didnt experience this at all and found it made no difference to the appearance of my skin whatsoever.The jar is frightfully small too for the price(50). An alternative to this I have been using to keep my skin clear and bright is Origins clear improvement pore clearing mask. Its just fab!!