August 21, 2014 | 1959 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my combination, acne-prone skin. My skin gets flaky and prone to dryness because of the Differin cream that I use, especially in the winter. So, I thought that maybe this cream-based facial cleanser would be helpful.

As others have noted, this leaves a waxy type of film over the skin - most likely due to the beeswax or cocoa butter content. I'm not sure how much it actually even cleanses my skin, though at least it didn't break my skin out (that I know of). It didn't cause any dryness or irritation either.

I managed to use this up, but I wouldn't buy this again. It wasn't worth the money I spent on it, really.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by BreAnn21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a full size tube during my BzzAgent campaign for free. This stuff is awful. I really wanted to like it but it doesn't clean anything off your face and takes forever to rinse. I'm not looking for a squeaky clean feeling but atleast one where there isn't a thick film left on your face after rinsing it off. It claims to remove make up - it doesn't.

I will not be buying another one!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by VAmom

Bought this on impulse because B-Bees products are so popular here. Thick product; seems hard to control how much comes out of squeeze tube. The deal breaker for me (why I won't re-purchase) is scent-it smells like PAINT to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by moggi

I like the Sensitive Night Creme, so I decided to give the cleanser a try. The consistency is thick, more like a creme than a foam or gel. As some other reviewers have noted, when you wash the product off, it leaves a light film on the skin. But it absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy. I think it also has a moisturizing effect. I recommend this cleanser for those with dry and sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Misskitty923

I dont have overly sensitive skin, but I do have acne prone skin and this product really worked for me. It doesn't cause breakouts and it keeps my skin soft. My only problem is that it doesn't work very well to remove all makeup. Other than that though, this product is great as far as a mild daily cleanser goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Foxy_C

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a BzzAgent and I got this as part of a BzzCampaign I just joined. I received a full-sized tube of the Burtís Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser and the Daily Moisturizing Cream. They claim to be 99.0% natural and looking at the ingredients, I agree. The majority of the ingredients are of botanical extracts, with some cocoa butter, aloe, cotton extract, rice extract and other natural ingredients. Only the bottom few ingredients are of colour and maybe some preservatives. I joined this campaign because I sometimes have sensitive skin. I also have eczema on my neck and cheeks. I will be updating this review as time goes by.

First Impression: Packaging is good. The cleanser comes in a squeeze tube, so it's hygenic and stands up straight on your counter. It is of a creamy texture, not too greasy. It's fragrance free. On the face, it's very moisturizing. It is a cream cleanser and I'm used to a gel cleanser as I do have oily skin; however, I'm glad to say that it is not greasy nor does it leave a film on my face after cleansing. It actually cleansed it well and rinsed off well. I love that it didn't leave my face red either! As I mentioned, I have eczema on my face and it didn't irritate it at all. Since using this line, my eczema seems to be getting better :) So far, it's a great cleanser and I plan on using it all up. Prior to receiving this package, I was using Freeman's Refining Pear Cleanser (gel cleanser).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Calina_Oscura76

I have to start this off with the fact that I received this product through a Bzz campaign...along with the moisturizer from the same line of products for sensitive skin. My thoughts on this skin cleanser? I like the fact that there is barely a detectable odor.. a bonus for those who not only have sensitive skin, but sensitive noses as well. It feels wonderful when you use it.. creamy and soft on the skin but I find it does not remove make up like other cleansers do, so it would be good as a morning cleanser perhaps? Also, it is very hard to adjust how much comes out of the package, I know this seems insignificant, but it is too easy to squeeze out too much, which wastes alot of product.. and for the cost ( I think it is 12.99 CAD) It can be an issue for those on a budget who need to watch how much of a product they use. As for my acne prone skin, I am not sure on that.. I don't "think" its actually causing acne, but cannot be too positive as I am at the hormonal stage of the month so to speak.. But over all, a very gentle, non-irritating cleanser that I imagine would be easily tolerated by most. I have noticed I do not have the dry patches in the usual spots on my face since I started using this.. but it can leave a slight film on the face that I notice even after I dry my skin.. but this film could also be the reason why I don't have those dry patches.. which begs the question... over time, would that "film" cause any problems, i.e acne, cycstic acne, etc.. I probably would not purchase just because of the what ifs.I will update if necessary as I continue to use the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by sparkz211

I have pretty sensitive skin and I felt like it didn't clean my face very well and then it made me break out. I am not really a fan. My face never really felt clean after washing. I prefer the L'oreal 360 Clean for Sensitive Skin and it costs half the price of the Burt's Bees.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by cr1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really good if you have really dry or sensitive skin.
Some people have complained that it leaves a film of product that is hard to get off and that is true, but it comes off of my skin when I dry my face with a towel. It feels like a protective layer that is protecting my skin from the elements too, which is great during the harsh winters. It also leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I noticed that after the first time I used it.

For people looking for truly green and natural products, look elsewhere. Burt's Bees is not nearly as natural as they would like you to believe.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by emmerdale941

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you want your cleanser that is hard to rinse off your face and hands and leaves a greasy film on your face, you'll love this cleanser. This stuff was gross. I bought it today at noon and within a half hour it was in the trash. Normally, I'd try to salvage a newly bought product that turned out to be a dud - like using it to quickly wash my face in the shower or keeping it to use when I'm in a pinch and out of my normal cleanser. But not this one.

It is thick, greasy, and overpriced. I don't know why I keep trying Burt's Bees products. Ever since they were bought by Clorox a few years ago the quality of their products has nosedived (not to mention that they aren't as "green" and "natural" of products as they want people to believe). This brand continues to disappoint me and this cleanser was the last straw. Save your money. Or, give Weleda's Cleansing Milk a try. That stuff is wonderful, milky and what Burt's Bees' sensitive facial cleanser wishes it could be.