L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium EDTA, Rayon, Ethylparaben, Nylon-6, Polyvinyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Silica, Synthetic Wax. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide. (Taken from packaging 05/2011)

on 11/27/2013 6:39:00 PM

I got this on sale at Ulta for 50% off, and I'm so glad I didn't have to pay full price for this because it is a bit pricey, as far as drugstore mascaras go. It's very goopy and clumps up on your eyelashes really easily. It makes my eyelashes stick together which makes it really hard to get any proper volume out of this. You have to be really careful putting it on because it is so goopy, it gets everywhere and it's hard to get the bottom lashes without making a mess.

When it finally does dry, it only takes a few hours before it begins to flake. And it's not one of those mascaras that you just forget about. You can tell there's something on your lashes at all times. So I guess it is similar to fake lashes in that aspect.
Very disappointed by this stuff. Wouldn't ever buy again. I basically only use it when I'm not going anywhere, but messing around with makeup looks in my room and need some mascara, but don't want to waste the good stuff.

on 11/9/2013 1:26:00 PM

One of the worst products I have purchased. I bought this thinking it would be a cheap replacement for Clinique's Lash Power mascara, but I was sooo wrong!

The formula is too thick/goopy and the brush is terrible-- impossible to apply even after wiping most of it off on the lip of the tube.

on 11/4/2013 10:07:00 PM

I liked this mascara well enough. It did a lot to lengthen my lashes quite a bit but they seemed almost spindly bc there wasn't a lot of thickness there. Ill try a few more coats to try to thicken my lashes up a bit more. Not a bad buy though!

on 10/23/2013 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the first fiber mascara I've tried. At first, I didn't like this one, but grew to like it a little bit. But it's definitely not something I would go out of my way to buy, but would pick it up again if there were a sale. This mascara is too thick, a little messy (too much product comes out on the wand), and can be a bit clumpy. It's an OK mascara, but nothing special. But I do not have any other fiber mascaras to compare it to. Stick to your other mascara for now!

on 10/16/2013 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't think this really compares to other fiber mascaras i have tried. There aren't many fibers and the formula is quite thick. It really doesn't do much, too much product comes out on the wand, and I wasn't too happy with the results. Didn't do anything special for me and I wouldn't buy this again.
A better fiber mascara for around the same price is NYX Doll Eyes long lash! I find the fibers in that to actually be effective.

on 10/4/2013 1:25:00 PM

I'm on my third tube of this. It's the only mascara other than Almay one coat that I have bought consistently. With minimal application, I have thick and longer eyelashes. Also, it rinses off easily with soap and water. It does not cause my eyelashes to fall out either. I will continuing wearing it for quite awhile!

on 10/1/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I recently gave up on L'Oreal mascaras, but I had to give this one a try because I was curious about the fibers in the mascara, and if it would make a big difference to my lashes.

I picked False Fiber lashes last week and gave it a shot. It has some pros and cons to it, but it works better for me than other L'Oreal mascaras surprisingly.

Most of their mascaras smudge on my oily lids. This one did not smudge. I liked the brush, which is an old school regular fuzzy brush - not the rubber/plastic spike kind. It is tapered towards the end to make getting the little lashes in the corners easier.

What I didn't like is the amount of time that I had to spend to get my lashes to look good. I put on several coats (I like big lashes). It started to clump big time. I used a metal lash comb to comb them out and set them how I like. It took quite a while because some of the little fibers in the mascara were going in all different directions lol.

In the end, my lashes looked good...but I don't have that much time to spend working with the clumps and fibers. This is a decent mascara, but it's not for me.

on 9/18/2013 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I've used it about 5 times - hoping it would work for me but no matter how I've applied it the effect was the same: EXTREMELY clumpy lashes. Waste of money as for me it's completely unusable - in the trash it goes :(((

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this mascara, in the waterproof formulation. I only ever use waterproof mascaras. I've been using this for about a couple years now, and while I am occassionally tempted into buying other mascaras (Maybelline One by One, Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes, Maybelline The Falsies, etc) I always go back and get another tube of this mascara.
I will note that the first few uses of the tube can be a little wet in formulation, and easy to get too much product onto the lashes so it clumps, but after a week or so it gets a little more dry and then is fantastic to work with. This isn't a mascara to layer over once it has dried though, otherwise you get the fibers sticking to the other fibers and it clumps. I apply until I'm happy with it, let it set, and then my lashes stay curled and lengthened and full looking ALL DAY/NIGHT. I have really long, hard to curl lashes, but this keeps them up and curled until I take it off. I've never had problems with flaking. I like the brush, it does a good job of grabbing lashes from the base without smudging all over the lash line, and it separates and emphasizes every natural lash.
Can't say enough about this product, it's only $8, it's waterproof (tested! Can swim and no running/flaking, but you do lose some curl. Not really affected by crying at all), the brush is easy to use, lasts a long time, and I get asked if I'm wearing false lashes all the time!

on 8/29/2013 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THE GOOD: One of the more dramatic drugstore formulas, very dark smokey look. The brush is fairly early to look, doesn't really clump.

THE BAD: The brush is very long, so it makes it kind of awkward while applying the formula at times. It is a rather skinny brush though so it makes it easier to reach the smaller lashes near the front of my eye.

THE UGLY: Unfortunately this mascara makes my lashes lose its curl :/ Any dramatic flair it adds gets nullified if my eyelashes are drooping, not cool! Also the formula smudges under my eyes a bit

Definitely not a rebuy