December 20, 2014 | 1681 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by shadesofyellow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thankfully I didn't listen to the SA when she said I should get medium for my "NC30" skin (I'm actually NC25, and I bought LIght Plus). This shade is great for me, and I use it to set my cream foundation (currently using Graftobian Hi-Def Creme Foundation)

I'm not sure what it is about this powder, I just know it works! It sets my foundation, doesn't get cakey, imparts a nice light dusting of powder.

For reference: NC25 w/yellower undertones. Acne-prone, very oily t-zone but chin can get flaky, pretty normal everywhere else,

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by hireen

I love this! I have combination skin - oily t-zone and hormonal acne/redness around my chin & nose area, dry-to-normal forehead, and dewy blemish-free cheeks. I really only use makeup to even out my skintone.

After using the Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium for about a year, and liked its sheer coverage, but was always looking for something else. When I was done with that, I decided to try Chanel's Poudre Universelle Libre about a month ago, after hearing such great things about it and, let's face it, the jar looks great on my vanity. But within a week, the Chanel powder messed my skin up - I started breaking out in tiny little pink spots all over my face, where I never had them before (forehead, cheeks, jawline). I'm just grateful that it wasn't cystic acne. Plus, it was just so... powdery, and smelled like baby talcum powder.

Anyway, long story short - I switched back to MAC Skinfinish Natural in this shade, just three days ago, and my skin is already noticeably better and smoother, and I love the sort of natural, dewy glow it gives me. I wasn't before, but I'm now convinced that this is my HG powder.

Price - It's not too expensive, especially compared to Chanel, and it can last me about a year and a half.

Packaging - Pretty fragile. I use it with the MAC 150 in the morning, then put a round foundation sponge to put in my makeup bag over the day, both to apply and to stop the powder from coming out everywhere.

Has anyone tried breaking it into loose powder? I might want to reuse the aforementioned Chanel jar.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by thecity01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After purchasing the product I didn't like it... at all! I was so dissapointed. But than after a couple of weeks I started liking it. I'm not sure what happened but now I absolutely LOVE this product. It doesn't get cakey and the color is a perfect match for skin. This powder sets my foundation very nicely. It looks natural on skin! I will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really do love this powder! The shade is perfect because Im very fair and have a lot of pink in my skin, and I find the hint of yellow in this cancels out the pink and matches my neck much better. I like that no matter how much of this stuff I can put on it never looks powdery. My one gripe though is even though I don't have oily skin I tend to have an oily nose and forehead by the end of the day.I usually have to touch up, which is not a problem, I still love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sure is LOVE! I love, lovem love this powder. It really sets my foundation perfectly....w/out the cakey-ness or overdried look. It really does look natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have FINALLY found my HG powder!
'Light Plus' is the perfect powder for very fair skinned ladies like myself who like to look like they have blood running through their veins without looking tangoed.
It has just the right amount of extra pigment to set off my foundation with a healthy dewy looking glow.
Leaves me looking flawless and smooth.

This is the third powder i've tried out of the Mac Mineralize skinfinish range.
The first i tried was 'Medium' which made me look badly tanned and people actually commented telling me that i'd 'caught the sun' so i gave it to my sister and it matched her skin perfectly!

The second i tried was 'Light' and i got on with it for a while, i even re purchased it but then i started noticing that in pictures of myself- my skin was starting to look a little grey!
A bit too ashy and definitely a no no in the winter unless you like the 'corpse look'.

Definitely sticking to Light Plus now :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was not a fan of this product. I was looking for something that could be used as a light foundation on the days when my skin actually looks good and could use as a finishing powder on full foundation days. My biggest gripe is that it makes me oily. My skin was oily, then I used accutane and now my skin is just plain weird-super dry in the winter and mildly oily in the summer. My usual powder is the ELF HD powder and I never have oily issues with it. With this one, at first it looks slightly powder, then looks good for a little bit, then within about 1-2 hrs I look super oily. My other problem is it oxidizes and turns orange/dark on my skin. I have been tempted to try the "light" color but I don't think I should as I have the oily problem with this. Sad. I wanted it to work. I've held onto this powder way too long trying to get it to work!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have rosacea and somewhat dry skin. I've been searching for a good pressed powder that will give me some coverage, set my foundation, and give me an overall better look when i'm not wearing foundation, while not looking cakey or powdery or settling into facial lines.
I am very happy with this powder. It looks relatively natural and doesn't make me look like a mummy, as some powders, even so-called translucent ones, have. Light Plus is a good match for my skin tone, which is between NC 15 and NC 20, and is neutral leaning slightly to golden. When i'm just wearing moisturizer, i brush this over the apples of my cheeks, my chin, and the sides of my jaw to tone down shine and redness, using a fluffy Kashuk Tools brush (the ones with the black contoured handles) - i think i'm actually using her blush brush (but, then, i use a fluffy angled eye shadow brush to apply blush on my cheek bones).
Will i never try another face powder? Sure, i will. But for now i'm very happy with both the feel of this powder, its finish, and its color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by esmequeenoftheworld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love my MAC mineralize skinfinish. I'm so fickle when it comes to products, always looking for the next best thing but I alway come back to this.
I apply it with a big fluffy brush or a duo fibre brush over Chanel vita luminere aqua or avon liquid foundation and find it sets the foundation well and doesn't look cakey or dry out. It suits my fair skin tone really well, some powders make me look too pale where as others make me look orange even if they look pale in the compact.
I find MAC foundations cause me to break out but this is fine on my very tempermental skin. I pay around 15 for this and it lasts me ages, i think I may have bought 2 in 3years so its good value for money.
I think MAC products inspire a love/hate response and I do think some are over rated but this is a firm favourite of mine and its hard to imagine my make up box without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tkalex

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok, i am a 50 yo woman with fairly decent combo skin and some rosacea. i have been on a mega-quest for the perfect "your face but better" powder for my NC20 skin. the old mineralize skinfinish natural was far too orange for me, but this is perfect! it melts into my skin with no glitter and no itchies. covers redness beautifully but doesn't mask.

i have literally spent thousands of dollars over the last few months trying (and re-trying) various mineral powders. bare escentuals is too glittery or too matte, plus colors don't match. can't get jane iredale to match me. no luck with clinique or any of the other mineral lines. i feel as though now i can relax for a bit, b/c this is working for me!

i will update if i notice any adverse effects like pimples or greasiness. so far it has been perfect for my skin. thanks, MAC!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No