MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

Color: Light Plus looks very yellow toned on me, and seems to suit NC15 perfectly. I prefer Light (for NW10-15), and Medium (for NW20, or to breathe some life back into my NW10-15). This is a great product line, but this particular shade is a "no" for me. Took 2 lippies off for that.

Formula: Not the finest powder I've used, but one of the best I've found for a compact. Blends well, and if you layer it with MAC Fix+, you can get about 60-70% coverage with this. For instance, not that I recommend sleeping in makeup, but for when that special someone is supposed to see you bare-faced (and you have acne scars galore, like moi), I like to give my face a light dusting of this to keep the "natural" look while taming down the flaws from yelling so loudly.

Lasts about 4 months - 12 months, depending on how often you are using it. When I was using it once a day, it lasted 12 months. But when I was using it 3 times a day (touching up both mid-day and evening), it lasted only 4 months.

Longevity: I found that if you use in coordination with MAC Fix+, the powder seems to last longer through the day. If I didn't have some oil in the creases of my nose and a little shine on my forehead, I probably could skip the mid-day touch up. So oil control, at least for my combination skin, is only so-so, but it doesn't get very cakey if you layer with MAC Fix +.

on 8/16/2012 6:08:00 PM

I have nothing bad to say about this product. I was originally going to get Light but the lady at the counter thought it would be too light on me so she recommended Light Plus. And I'm so glad she did! It's the perfect match, but I'm not sure what my shade in MAC is (I think it's around NW15-NW20). I don't even know how to describe this powder. It's just so....nice. It finishes my foundation and concealer off so nicely and makes my skin look matte, but without looking too fake. Basically, it makes my skin look flawless and natural. It's pricey, but I'm going to buy this again because it's totally worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thankfully I didn't listen to the SA when she said I should get medium for my "NC30" skin (I'm actually NC25, and I bought LIght Plus). This shade is great for me, and I use it to set my cream foundation (currently using Graftobian Hi-Def Creme Foundation)

I'm not sure what it is about this powder, I just know it works! It sets my foundation, doesn't get cakey, imparts a nice light dusting of powder.

For reference: NC25 w/yellower undertones. Acne-prone, very oily t-zone but chin can get flaky, pretty normal everywhere else,

on 7/12/2012 11:07:00 PM

I love this! I have combination skin - oily t-zone and hormonal acne/redness around my chin & nose area, dry-to-normal forehead, and dewy blemish-free cheeks. I really only use makeup to even out my skintone.

After using the Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium for about a year, and liked its sheer coverage, but was always looking for something else. When I was done with that, I decided to try Chanel's Poudre Universelle Libre about a month ago, after hearing such great things about it and, let's face it, the jar looks great on my vanity. But within a week, the Chanel powder messed my skin up - I started breaking out in tiny little pink spots all over my face, where I never had them before (forehead, cheeks, jawline). I'm just grateful that it wasn't cystic acne. Plus, it was just so... powdery, and smelled like baby talcum powder.

Anyway, long story short - I switched back to MAC Skinfinish Natural in this shade, just three days ago, and my skin is already noticeably better and smoother, and I love the sort of natural, dewy glow it gives me. I wasn't before, but I'm now convinced that this is my HG powder.

Price - It's not too expensive, especially compared to Chanel, and it can last me about a year and a half.

Packaging - Pretty fragile. I use it with the MAC 150 in the morning, then put a round foundation sponge to put in my makeup bag over the day, both to apply and to stop the powder from coming out everywhere.

Has anyone tried breaking it into loose powder? I might want to reuse the aforementioned Chanel jar.

on 5/14/2012 7:38:00 AM

After purchasing the product I didn't like it... at all! I was so dissapointed. But than after a couple of weeks I started liking it. I'm not sure what happened but now I absolutely LOVE this product. It doesn't get cakey and the color is a perfect match for skin. This powder sets my foundation very nicely. It looks natural on skin! I will be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really do love this powder! The shade is perfect because Im very fair and have a lot of pink in my skin, and I find the hint of yellow in this cancels out the pink and matches my neck much better. I like that no matter how much of this stuff I can put on it never looks powdery. My one gripe though is even though I don't have oily skin I tend to have an oily nose and forehead by the end of the day.I usually have to touch up, which is not a problem, I still love this stuff!

on 3/27/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This sure is LOVE! I love, lovem love this powder. It really sets my foundation perfectly....w/out the cakey-ness or overdried look. It really does look natural.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have FINALLY found my HG powder!
'Light Plus' is the perfect powder for very fair skinned ladies like myself who like to look like they have blood running through their veins without looking tangoed.
It has just the right amount of extra pigment to set off my foundation with a healthy dewy looking glow.
Leaves me looking flawless and smooth.

This is the third powder i've tried out of the Mac Mineralize skinfinish range.
The first i tried was 'Medium' which made me look badly tanned and people actually commented telling me that i'd 'caught the sun' so i gave it to my sister and it matched her skin perfectly!

The second i tried was 'Light' and i got on with it for a while, i even re purchased it but then i started noticing that in pictures of myself- my skin was starting to look a little grey!
A bit too ashy and definitely a no no in the winter unless you like the 'corpse look'.

Definitely sticking to Light Plus now :)

on 2/29/2012 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I was not a fan of this product. I was looking for something that could be used as a light foundation on the days when my skin actually looks good and could use as a finishing powder on full foundation days. My biggest gripe is that it makes me oily. My skin was oily, then I used accutane and now my skin is just plain weird-super dry in the winter and mildly oily in the summer. My usual powder is the ELF HD powder and I never have oily issues with it. With this one, at first it looks slightly powder, then looks good for a little bit, then within about 1-2 hrs I look super oily. My other problem is it oxidizes and turns orange/dark on my skin. I have been tempted to try the "light" color but I don't think I should as I have the oily problem with this. Sad. I wanted it to work. I've held onto this powder way too long trying to get it to work!

on 2/14/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have rosacea and somewhat dry skin. I've been searching for a good pressed powder that will give me some coverage, set my foundation, and give me an overall better look when i'm not wearing foundation, while not looking cakey or powdery or settling into facial lines.
I am very happy with this powder. It looks relatively natural and doesn't make me look like a mummy, as some powders, even so-called translucent ones, have. Light Plus is a good match for my skin tone, which is between NC 15 and NC 20, and is neutral leaning slightly to golden. When i'm just wearing moisturizer, i brush this over the apples of my cheeks, my chin, and the sides of my jaw to tone down shine and redness, using a fluffy Kashuk Tools brush (the ones with the black contoured handles) - i think i'm actually using her blush brush (but, then, i use a fluffy angled eye shadow brush to apply blush on my cheek bones).
Will i never try another face powder? Sure, i will. But for now i'm very happy with both the feel of this powder, its finish, and its color.

Recommended for Normal Skin