April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by rosesarehaughty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Comes in the signature sleek black packaging, a subtle gold border edges along the bottom. The bottle is exactly what I expect for what I'm shelling out, the glass has a satisfying, heavy feel to it and when dropped (many *many* times) I have yet to see any damage. I have it in 60 beige (50 would be awesome but there isn't one) and must use lighter than usual setting powder. Problem is, it's so hard to find a brand that caters to olive toned skin that's more gold (I usully end up with oranges or grays from others) and now that I've found my perfect match, I'll never leave Chanel! It glides on beautiful and stays flawless for a nearly 8 hours. I have combo-skin, this foundation is put on by seven and lasts until about three, and by then I only need minor blotting around the nose. It is medium to full coverage, the main reason why I bought this, and is buildable to a certain extent. Be forewarned, any dry patch becomes very visible with this foundation. Overall, I very much like this foundation but the perfection isn't as perfect as it wants to believe it is. I must use moisturizer or a primer to get a smooth finish even though it's promised to go well on it's own. The finish is very pretty, it has a glowy quality but powder/blush/etc offsets it. I wouldn't recommend this to dry skin types, or those with the winter flakes!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by roisinbelfast

Firstly - I still haven't forgiven Chanel for discontinuing Pro Lumiere, so naturally I'm gonna be a little bit more harsh on this foundation. When my last drop of pro Lumiere was finished I took myself off to the Chanel counter for a sample of perfection Lumiere expecting great things! O M G was I disappointed!! :-(( I have dry skin - so I moisturise majorly before I apply foundations. I popped this foundation on and it applied fine with my brush - finished my face and off out I went for the day! O M G whilst walking past a mirror in Marks and Spencer's and catching glimpse of myself, only I didn't have a green wig and a pair of white dungarees on me I'd of thought an oompah loompah was staring back at me. This foundation oxidises like nothing I've ever seen before! It was stuck to every bit of dry skin I had. I actually resorted to going and washing my makeup off and walking around the rest of the day with none on rather than look like I had. Worst foundation I've ever tried sadly, and I'm a huge Chanel makeup fan :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

I was really hesitant about purchasing this foundation, but I'm super happy that I did. It applies easily and nicely and feels very light on the skin (almost like you're not wearing any foundation). It's buildable to a certain extent - I'd say from Light to Medium coverage. This foundation really evens out the skin tone well with very little product, does not dry out my skin or make it oily (my skin can do that on it's own!). There is a slight fragrance to it, not unpleasant, but dissipates very quickly. I really enjoy this product because of the naked skin feel. Setting it with powder is highly recommended (unless you have dry skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by fashionjunkie90

This foundation is pretty good for coverage but only downside is that after a couple of hours like 4 or 5 you would have to reapply because I would see that the foundation kind of disappeared in some places. It did cling to my dry patches on my face but that's after a long period of time. The smell of the foundation though is devine! But the best thing I love about this foundation is that it doesn't look like I have foundation on when I wear it. It has amazing finishing, not too matte or not too dewy. I wear 30 beige and its the perfect colour for me, I dont even have to apply on my neck area!

For fuller coverage I would still turn to my Estee Double Wear since its also long lasting. But as an everyday use, this seems to do the trick; it gives full coverage without feeling heavy on the skin (Estee DW sometimes gives you that feeling) and lasts enough for me before I have to reapply concealer in some problem areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

i am not a big fan of this foundation. Not saying that it's bad, but i expected better especially for the price. i have oily skin, and i have to wear foundation for 12 hours every day. An average fdn i own requires blotting at 3-4 hours into wearing it - my HG is estee lauder double wear light, which requires my first blot at the 5-6th hour and lasts very well throughout the day without fading or oxidizing. Perfection lumiere is an oil free fdn targeted at combo/ oily skin girls, and being chanel with the gorgeous packaging, i caved in despite the price. Strangely enough for me as a girl with oily skin, this fdn felt drying when i applied it - and not the pleasant type of dry feeling. I felt it pulled my skin stripping it of its natural oils, and 4 hours into wearing the fdn my face turned into an oil slick. I felt its because my face felt so dry that it produced even more oil to compensate for the dryness of my skin. The finish is rather matte so i must apply bronzer to give my face some dimension. Also it feels a bit thick on the skin. It can become patchy throughout the day as the fdn fades, it lasts around 6 hours for me. I do like the scent and the coverage it gives, but unless you're a chanel junkie, i won't recommend this fdn. If u do decide to buy this, i suggest u pick one shade lighter because it does oxidize a bit throughout the day. Use a stippling brush to apply it. Estee lauder double wear light remains my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why so many people hate it...¨
I have combination skin...my T-zone is really oily, my nose in particular...I really love the way this foundation looks on me, it makes my skin look sexy lol...anyway it needs to be powdered down...at least where u r oily...with less than 2 pumps u get a lot of coverage! I have it in the shade 10beige which is superawesome for me, coz I'm mac nc10...it's the first fdt to be yellow enough for me (I'm a pale southern european) and it looks just a bit darker than my natural skin but it's ok I really love the finish, it makes my face look healthy:) it's a bit lighter than dior forever 010 ivoire and it looks more yellow but so natural at the same time.
I apply it around 6.00 am and it lasts 6-7 hours on me, then it fades a bit on my nose and chin but my face still looks nice:) (I do run everyday to catch the buss lol)
I would say it covers better dark circles than acne scars (I have a bit in the chin) so I use some concelear there...all in all a good foundation...I apply it with Chanel fdt brush n.6...but I think I'm gonna try to apply it also with mac 180 small stippling brush...and I wish I had a beauty blender, but I can't find a decent one here in Norway -.- oh btw, the first day I applied it my friend told me my skin looked so great! she saw me wearing also Smashbox 15 hour hydrating fdt, Dior forever, Chanel vitalumiere aqua, Illamasqua rich liquid foudnation and she thinks this one makes my skin look much better than with the other ones:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ANBoudreaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewers, I held out on buying this foundation for a really long time due to the bad reviews. But I must say once I learned to apply it correctly I fell in love. It is a really dry formula so its perfect for those with oily/combination skin. It dries extremely fast so you HAVE to begin blending as soon as you apply. It is true, if you try to apply this with the wrong tool you will hate it and write a bad review. I've tried to apply this foundation with MAC 190, 187, and a sponge, hating each one. To my surprise, I got the perfect application with the ELF Studio flat top powder brush. Put the foundation on a mixing palette and stipple it into your face as you would with the 187.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't buy this for the longest time based on the mixed reviews (and some of the negative reviews were REALLY negative). I have oily, sensitive skin that can flake in the winter…I more or less am able to keep that under control with chemical exfoliation. I always, no matter what the foundation, use Murad's Oil Control Mattifier under my foundation unless I'm at the pool or beach and I have on a heavy sunscreen.

That out of the way, this is not a foundation for anyone with skin that is not combination or oily. It absolutely is too dry for that. If your skin is the right type and you get a color match, I think you'll love it. Especially if length of wear is important for you. I get a beautiful, lit from within finish (I think "lumber" is such a great name to have in the title of this product, it is accurate) that lasts beautifully on me for ten hours. I haven't tried longer than that, and normally I go eight hours at the most. The coverage is medium, buildable to full. When I apply this properly, it looks natural in the daytime, I look flawless when I use a little more at night. It doesn't separate or pool anywhere that I have seen on my skin, it does start to glow a little. I always have to do a quick blot with a tissue once or twice during the day with any foundation, there is little to no transfer with this foundation when I do that.

I did have a learning curve when applying this. I first tried my Sephora foundation brush, I can't remember which number, and the foundation was streaky, cake and just didn't apply well. It's thick and dries fast so you have to work in small areas. I tried a lesser quality duo-fibre brush (Laura Mercier's-such a terrible brush, I actually threw it out after I tried it with the Chanel I was so irritated) and got a horrible, caked on result. I don't know why I kept trying, I was desperately wanting to get the same experience as those who had provided glowing reviews. Then I saw some reviews somewhere and success was had with either of the Chanel foundation brushes, #6 and #7 so I ordered them both. They both work amazingly. I get daytime or nighttime coverage and its not tricky at all. While I was waiting for the brushes to arrive I was able to get a good look with my fingers but not as good as with the Chanel brushes.

Oxidation is something brought up in many of the reviews for this foundation. I wear B10, I'm right in between NC15 and NC20 and it's a good match but I do worry that two months from now when I slide down to almost NC15 it will be too dark. I wish there was a light B shade, and I would own both. I do not notice oxidation as the day goes on. When I swatch the foundation on the back of my hand and spread it around it appears to go orangeish straight away. When I spread it on my face I don't see that at all. I have even gone outside in the middle of the day to apply it to my face to see if the color changes, it doesn't. Maybe it's the primer that I use.

So, I absolutely love this foundation, it would be best to try a sample. I adore my Sephora foundation brush that failed with this foundation, I never would have thought that I would find a foundation it didn't work with but other brushes did. This is that foundation. Keep that in mind and good luck finding a foundation you love! It can be so frustrating!

UPDATE: 11/16/13 I still love the foundation, but I it has not gotten easier to apply, I have to be really careful. I've noticed that if I use more than one full pump on my face (I have a large head people, so my face has as much skin to cover as anyone) the application goes all wrong and looks cakey and heavy. If I apply very carefully and make sure that I only use the one pump, it's flawless. I use this foundation most days of the week, but I don't even try if I am in a rush. That's when I grab Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation (almost as flawless a finish, can look a little mask like) or Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk (doesn't last as long, can't find a perfect color match…or By Terry Densiliss Liquid (beautiful, not great lasting power with no oil control for me, or finally By Terry Sheer Cover (love it, but it is sheer and doesn't last more than a few hours).

UPDATE: 3/19/14 I picked up the Urban Decay foundation brush on a whim and it really buffs this foundation in nicely. Gives me a finish that rivals By Terry Densiliss-just slightly more matte, which I like. Still love this stuff.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Adorrou2

Not for people with combination skin (oily t zone with dry patches) clings to all dry patches and t zone was oily within 2 hours (first time checking). The dry patches do however look better after a couple of hours of wear but the reason I am rating this foundation so low is because of the shade range. The lightest cool-tone foundation is still far too dark for me (nw13-15) not to mention it oxidizes fairly quickly too. I will be returning this foundation and probably won't be trying anymore chanel foundations until they expand their shade range to suit us really fair gals. I really wanted to love this foundation because I have loved everything else I have purchased from chanel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do like this foundation. The smell is divine! But I feel like it's claimed to be 'full coverage' when I feel it's really not. I have hyper pigmentation from acne scars and this doesn't cover it in the slightest but does even out skin tones! it feels very smooth and soft and luxurious on the skin. It's a nice product, but if you're lucky and have perfect skin! The color range is good too.