July 23, 2014 | 1117 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by cassiealexa

One of my favorite foundations! I use it all the time. Lovely smell, buildable coverage, doesnt make me break out or dry up. a down side is that it does accenture my grin marks on my face sort of aging it but only if you look up close. i have combination skin and i do get oily. this doesnt do anything for oil so bring oil blotting papers. overall, great product, worth the money if youre looking for a new foundation with buildable coverage to try out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Iez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down the best foundation I've tried in years. Wearing shade 10 Beige, a strongly yellow toned and pale shade that suits pale me perfectly when I have a slight tan. I've had similarly perfect foundations before but only from Shiseido (Ochre00 when untanned), not from western brands.
Pros:
The silicone based formula leaves a finish is that's satinlike, not matte and not shiny, and very skin like on me.
It's a full coverage foundation that I blend out to medium coverage.
Comes in a heavy glass dispenser with an easy to use and exact pump that allows you to get the desired amount. I appreciate that.
Very easy application over my beloved Steamcream. Just smooth it out with my fingers, a little goes a long way and no need for sponge or brush! I use a single pump for my very big face.

Wears like iron on my normal skin.

Cons: This is very quick to set and you need to be very fast or work in sections. Not great for beginners, especially if not using a sponge or something, but a seasoned liquid-user can apply this to a flawless finish using fingers only.

The price may feel high if you're on a small budget but there's 30 ml in a bottle and a little goes a long way. Euro 52 for looking good everyday for around 10 months is a small price to me. In my experience there is no use being cheap when it comes to stuff you use every day.

Compliments already on the first wear! So it's not just me liking the pretty packaging... Good to know sometimes... ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Anahata66

After dozens of foundations over the years, Chanel seems to give me the most flawless face. I have hypergimentation issues, large pores in some areas, and this foundation, which has a slight matte finish to it...works very very well for me. I don't understand the hype around Makeup Forevers foundations? they always make my skin super oily. I want to like them, but I gave up. Chanel it is, at least for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by GingerMelrose

After using the Vita lumier aqua (not a big fan) I decided to buy the Perfection lumiere. At first I thought it looked "ok" on my skin and after a few hours it started to show marks on my skin. I was so looking forward for this to work. After all and spending lots of money on both of them I am quite disappointed. Chanel just doesn't do it for me.

I will stick to BareMinerals or Mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite foundation. Yes. My other favorite brand is Guerlain, but they discontinued the Aqua Parure so I'm still in search of a subsitute in the line. (I would not know which to pick if Aqua Parure and Perfection Lumiere were both put in front of me.) :) This chanel foundation wears beautifully on my skin. I have oily skin that gets dry when not moisturized (sound wierd right?). When I use the right products, my oily skin is much less oily. But if I use for an example a certain sun screen that my skin hates, it will impact my skin and the foundation immediately so using the right products underneath does matter. This is how I use this foundation: wash, tone, and moisturize lightly. Then I apply perfection lumiere with my hands. I have 2 colors (03 and 04) for different seasons. The texture is liquid but not runny. It smells like roses (love!). I apply it to my skin, letting my finger's warm to emulsify the foundation. I have good skin right now so it wears very nicely. The finish is matte but natural - meaning it's not that hard foundation look that you get with perhaps Estee Lauder DW (which will never work on me no matter how much I try). The coverage is medium. After applying the foundation, I set it with a powder. My mom compliments me on my skin when I wear this saying that my skin texture looks silky, smooth, and natural. My mom has never complimented me on another foundation. Throughout the day, the coverage stays, and complemented with my light moisturizer underneath, my oily skin stays pretty matte. When I say matte, I mean it's natural matte. I only need to blot once and no additional powdering required. It does not oxidize on me. I look very natural. I have 2 bottles of this foundation and have used it over a period of 1 year (throughout the seasons) so I believe my review is accurate reflection of my opinion of it. $55.00 dollars. Ever since I tried high end foundation, I can't return to drug store.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by tvall

This is an incredibly 'OK' product to say how expensive it is and the fact its Chanel (I feel like you should expect and be guaranteed quality and perfection).

I don't really know what to say except for the price this is 100% NOT worth it. If this was packaged in drug store/high street packaging I'd except it no question. Its not terrible but this is the first Chanel foundation I have tried and I expected soooo much more. It applies nice and dries a flat satin matte. Just meh. I expect more coverage and a nicer finish.

Disappointed Chanel. Next…..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by RLDonaghy

This is an okay product. It's a basic foundation. Nothing poor to say about it, but nothing great either. I feel like it does give very good coverage, but it is not a long lasting foundation. It is quite expensive as well, but this is to be expected with Chanel products. I have finished my bottle, but do not see myself repurchasing. I do this this foundation is better for the Summer than the Winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by yosieliu

Bought this because of the good reviews. But kinda disappointed because it turned out to be not as good as what I heard.. Doesn't give good coverage, oily for my skin, didn't last longer than 2hrs and the worst it gives me breakouts.. Such a waste of money.. But again it's only my personal opinion.. Maybe it depends on your skin condition..

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It was only okay. I would not repurchase. For the money, the value just is not there. This foundation was more sheer than I expected and was not conveniently build-able. It is nice, however, to wear during the daytime. But I would much rather purchase something less costly if I am restricted to wearing it during the day. Packaging is nice, very sleek, as are all Chanel cosmetic products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a nice foundation.

After application it may feel dry but after 1-2 hours it looks really nice, with a little sheen. So, upon application it is matte, and after 2 hours it sets semi-matte. I don't feel it lasts long on me. I have oily to combination, sensitive skin and after 5 hours it wears off, breaks into patches, when it becomes noticeable I wear a foundation.
Since it has matte finish I don't finish with a setting powder.
There is no oil control, hence semi-matte and longlivety on oily, combination skin.

I feel like it is only meant for normal skin. Dry skin would feel like it isn't moisturizing enough, and it may accentuate dry patches in the begging.
I has medium to full coverage and you don't need too much to cover your entire face. One pump or so is enough to fully cover all of your imperfections. Those who need more coverage, it is easily layered. I wouldn't recommend for mature skin.