October 26, 2014 | 1581 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Saint

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Kcm765

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first palette, and so far I'm very pleased. The shadows are very soft, blendable and easy to work with (especially for someone like me who rarely wears eyeshadow). The packaging is awesome, the metal case is heavy and well put together which screams quality. The colors are fairly close to Urban Decay's Naked palette, but the price tag is much lower. I really love the brown tones especially Pray For Me. I'm even loving the more coppery tones which I never thought I would be able to wear on my eyes, but the colors all work so well together. The only flaw is <3 the terribly chunky glittery pink, which is unwearable to be honest (unless you love glitter, or are preteen). Other than the one shadow misstep, I'm really loving playing around with this palette and hope to add some more Kat Von D palettes to my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This palette is on par with UD's Naked Palette. Also slightly cheaper. Today I'm wearing Enjoy the Silence on the inner corner, Pray for Me on the lid, and Caravaggio in the crease. The one color I haven't tried is less than 3 (or <3) because it looks too pink with big flecks of gold glitter in it. I also think that Sunny looks a lot like Half Baked, which I don't need another shimmery gold eyeshadow.
The liner is comparable to UD's 24/7 Liner in Zero. It has stayed on my upper line so far but has migrated a bit on my water line as to be expected. Overall, a good neutral palette which I look forward to using more in the future. I can't wait to get her other new palettes Saint and Poetica.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have both KVD's Saint palette and UD Naked palette -in fact, I tend to use them both at the same time. One thing I love about the Saint palette is the palette itself -it's a heavy, solid-feeling metal case with a snapping clasp and I feel confident that if I throw it in my purse, it's not going to pop open versus the Naked palette which I always wrap a hair-tie around in case the magnetic clasp fails. One thing I hate about the Saint palette is that it doesn't come with an eyeshadow brush nor is it long enough to add one yourself. Instead it comes with an eyeliner which I don't really use. As for the eyeshadows themselves: they're very soft and apply smoothly with rich, long-lasting (when applied over UDPP) pigmentation that's easy to blend. The only one I don't really use is the pink one (3rd from left) because of the glitter and the tone.
Which one do I like better: Saint or Naked? Hmm...I pick Saint, but not by a landslide. My perfect palette would be the Saint palette with Naked's eyeshadow brush, "Virgin", "Naked" and "Buck" (i.e. some matte shadows). oh and I definitely agree with what a previous reviewer said "Caravaggio is an awesome liner".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this palette! I was hesitant to purchase at first because some of the colors looked too shimmery and warm for me, but with a good yellow-based primer, those colors look fine. In fact, the warmer colors compliment my eyes. The shimmer isn't over the top, but the pink color, which is one of the colors I was most drawn to, has microglitter in it (drives me crazy!), but it's not that noticeable once you're wearing it. The quality of these shadows is excellent. Smooth, long lasting and the texture is very silky--absolutely no chalkiness with any of the colors. The color combinations are endless with this palette.

The only drawbacks are that there is a lot of eyeshadow fall out, so make sure you do a good job of tapping the excess off your brush, and there's only one matte shade--Caravaggio, which is an awesome liner. I wish there were more matte shades in the palette, but it is a great palette, nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kalilopello

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am pretty new to makeup, and I decided to buy this palette because it's neutral and less expensive than the UD Naked palette. I am very impressed! The Naked palette is nice, but the colors are a bit too shimmery. This palette isn't super matte, but isn't super shimmery. It's perfect. I use this every day. It can be good for day or even night. It was only $36, and the eyeshadow is very pigmented. I also like the pencil liner a lot. It lasts really long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing Kat Von D makeup for a little over a year and I really love it. You can tell a lot went into this makeup line. The quality is fantastic. At first I didn't want to get the Saint palette because I already had The naked palette from urban decay and I thought they would be too similar. I was wrong. My sister bought the Saint palette and once I saw it, I ordered one for myself. These colors are stunning. What I love most about this palette is the first 4 colors are highlighters. You never get that many light colors in kits. I always go through my lighter shades first because I apply the light shade to my entire lid and brow bone and then I blend in darker colors. The third color from the left is an exact match for NARS fathom eyeshadow. Fathom eyeshadow is one of my favorite e/s ever made. It's a pinky nude base with silver glitter. The nars version is $27, Kat Von D's is much more affordable. The texture of the eyeshadows are silky and smooth. They last all night all me as long as I wear a base. I work a 12 hour shift and I don't have any probllems with the color fading or creasing. If you're looking for a beautiful neutral/brown kit, then I would highly recommend this set. This set also comes with a black eyeliner pencil. It's comparable to MAC, I use it to line my inner rims. The eyeliner will only last about 4 hours on my inner rim but I have to find any eyeliner that will hold up past 4 hours on me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInACasket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So I wanted a nice palette consisting of neutral colors, and I didn't really have $48 to drop on UD's Naked Palette. I saw Kat Von D's Saint palette in Sephora and thought it was really beautiful, but the store was sold out. The next night, I ordered it online.

I've used it 3 or 4 times so far and I love it. Sure, the colors are neutral- however, they're anything but boring! There are really a countless number of combinations and looks to do with this palette. I think my favorite thing about it is that you can create smoky eyes that are subtle enough to wear during the day to school, work, internships, etc. (with a more neutral lip) but are sexy enough to wear out at night (perhaps paired with a bold lip). So far my favorite look was with Downtown on the inner lid and inner corner of my eyes, Bookworm on the outer part of the lid and part of the crease, a black eyeshadow on the outer V and outer part of the crease (this palette doesn't have a black eye shadow so I just used whatever one I had- in this case, Mac's Carbon), and Heavens as a highlight.

It also came with a black eyeliner pencil that I am yet to use, and a sample of Kat Von D's eyeshadow primer that I am also yet to use (I'm fiercely loyal to my UD primer potion).

The packaging is really pretty too, and has a rather large mirror.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by KodyT13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Love this product! I use the eyeshadows every single day. They are wonderful for creating a natural look, or a sexy nuetral smoky look. Definetly would repurchase again.
The case is also stunning. They're different for each palette, Saint, Sinner and Poetica. The roses on this one perfectly describe the look, innocent and sweet.
Final note; the colors don't last very very long on me, but I don't have a primer and I have oily lids. So if you don't have oily lids and a primer, this would stay all day

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a great palette of neutrals and that is exactly what I received! I own other Kat Von D palettes and I find her eyeshadows to be top notch. Highly pigmented, long lasting, and a nice balance of shimmer/matte. The colors on Sephora.com are accurately described:

Heavens (pearlized vanilla)
Enjoy the Silence (pearlized buttercream)
<3 (soft pink with sparkle)
Downtown (pearlized champagne)
Sunny (pearlized gold)
Pray For me (pearlized taupe)
Bookworm (pearlized brown)
Caravaggio (dark matte brown)

The shadows desribed as "pearlized" have a metallic shimmer. Only one has glitter - <3. I've only used this palette twice so far - once with Enjoy the Silence all over the lid and Bookworm in the crease and another time with Pray For me all over the lid and <3 blended up into the crease.

I will update as I use this more, I wanted to get the thread started with photos and swatches.

Update 11/16/11: The more I use this the more I love it!!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No