October 25, 2014 | 1502 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Coolaulin conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Not a bad product, but not amazing either, and American Cream kicks its ass.

I have thick, coarse, frizzy, damaged hair with entirely too much volume. This left it feeling nice and soft, which is more than I can say for most conditioners, and it's got a yummy smell (reminds me of coconut mixed with the smell of the ocean) that sticks around. However, it did nothing to tame my frizz or kill the volume. My hair is as poofy and out-of-control as ever - it's just soft and poofy as opposed to brittle and poofy.

This might be a good conditioner for someone with thin and\or straight hair, but if you're constantly doing battle against unwanted frizz, curls, and volume - ESPECIALLY if some of the frizz is due to heat and chemical damage - then American Cream is a much better investment.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2009 6:38:00 AM More reviews by lizziek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sold on this conditioner at all. I don't think it conditions my hair. I have fine wavy/curly hair, but quite a lot of it and it has been brutally heat treated in the past. As a result, I now need a very heavy duty conditioner to combat frizz and dry ends. This product does not do that. In fact despite using it yesterday morning, I can remember nothing about it except thinking it didn't make my hair feel moisturised. I can't remember what it smells like or anything. My hair does feel nice, but I don't think the Coolaulin can take the credit. I was ambivalent about it when I bought it, so will not buy it again. Will go for the Jasmine and Henna I think!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 3:52:00 AM More reviews by tinathecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Definitely not repurchasing this. Even considering purchasing it is a waste of time. Supermarket products work a thousand times better than this... may as well have conditioned my hair with water, did nothing beneficial for it. Dried it out more, resulting in more split ends and damage. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by LushingGirl35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is total CRAP! I have fine, dry hair this didn't do a d@mn thing!!!!!! I give it a big fat ZERO! I will/would only give this to my worst enemy!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by sabbath12385

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nothing special really, I actually like the smell but thats it really. I dont think it really conditioned my hair at all as it seemed to be in a much worse state after a few weeks of using it, also I felt like I needed to use loads of it ehich then took forever to was out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First off the smell of this stuff if PUTRID!! But it works incredibly well on my hair. The consistency is much lighter than regular conditioner, but that is a plus for me. My hair is very fine, oily at the roots, and extremely dry at the ends. I am in the process of trying to get my hair back on track, and Coolaulin is definitely helping. This along with Seanik shampoo has made my hair very shiny and manageable, and my dead ends don't look so bad. I'll buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by kaisze

I use to use silicon based shampoos and conditioners so when asked about that the Sales Assistant told me that it'll take some time before the conditioner will start to work. I was confused and didn't answer but she started to explain me to that because I have been using all those silicon based shampoos it creates a layer of silicon on my hair and that's why it'll take about 2 weeks at least for all the silicon layers to wash off and take to the natural shampoo and conditioner.
At first when i used it I felt the shampoo working but not the conditioner and I thought that it was because it was so liquidy and I needed more but eventually I realized that I really didn't need that much and even though I didn't get the result that I hoped for I continued to use it. After about 3 weeks I started to feel a difference when I used Coolaulin and my hair had that soft, smooth feeling it use to have with my old conditioners. By the way I use the solid shampoo called Ultimate Shine.
When it comes to the smell at first I felt like it had a smokey smell to it and it reminded me of coconuts and campfire but when it goes into your hair the smokey smell fades and you only get the coconut smell.
I just want to say that if it doesn't seem as if it's working please stay with it and wait it out cause in the end it might turn out to be a great conditioner!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Amooniie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This Product is NOTHING special. Your are better off buying a regluar conditioner that would not even cost half its price. I bought the smallest size just to try it out, and i did not like it at all. The first few times using it, was okay, like it made my hair smell like coconut, but thats it, after a while, the coconut smell went away, and now when i smell it, its NOT the best smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Coolaulin for 11 years. I may stray, but I always come back to it. I love the fresh, natural coconut fragrance. It moisturizes my fine and abundant hair without coating it and weighing it down. My hair just drinks it up. Rinses out easily. I also use it as a leave-in when my hair is bleached and it never feels dirty or greasy. Always leaves my hair feeling light, clean and looking shiny and healthy -even when colour treated. I use it for shaving and it soothes and moisturizes my skin too! HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Pinupsundae

Not impressed with any of Lush's hair products really (though I dearly love a lot of their stuff), but this conditioner especially was nothing to write home about. Very average coconut scent which I was not particularly fond of, overpriced, thin and required a tonne of conditioner to work it through my hair properly and most of all didn't leave my hair feeling any softer or more moisturised than without it!