Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 1/11/2015 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This foundation is my HG! FINALLY!!!! Absoloutely in love with it!

My skin is a complete combination. It's dry, very oily, highly prone to acne and it is also very sensitive and reactive when trying new products. For all if the above reasons i tend to stick with what i know when it comes to foundations. Absoloute pain in the bum!

I wear a darker shade than my natural skin tone as i fake tan alot!
I was colour matched to 2.4 and wear tawny 3.1 in ELDW. Perfect!

I was after a foundation less heavy, matte and drying than DW as i am very oily but don't particularly like a matte finish with foundation, and this is perfect!

I wore it for the first time on a night out to really test if out and it stayed amazing all night!
There was hardly any shine and i do get very oily, especially on nights out dancing away, but it pretty much looked the same 8 hours after a night on the town! I have no doubt this would of lasted the 15 hours with maybe 1/2 touchups/ blots.
I've read some reveiws on here saying its almost sheer, i'm going to say thats due to the application, as it is not sheer it is quite thick & definitely a medium/full very buildable foundation. Its highly pigmented, unpurfumed & not as thick as DW. It didnt cake, and finished semi matte with a dewy glow.

I applied it with a real techniques stippling brush & set with a dusting of bare minerals ready foundation in r330 which is also amazing!!!
It doesnt flash white in pictures like double wear and just looks flawless!
So far it hasnt broke me out & i'm definitely going to be purchasing it asap! This really is an amazing flawless foundation. Lighter on the skin than double wear with the same coverage and added hydration! 10/10.
Cant see how this wouldnt be perfect for any skin type! I'm in love with it! Get colour matched and take a sample you wont regret it!
Hope this helps:)

Ps, if your oily i WOULD reccommend setting it due to the dewy finish!

on 1/7/2015 8:57:00 PM

My HG foundation! I finally found it! This stuff goes on beautifully, medium coverage with tons of colors to match almost any skin tone. Works great with smashbox primers and I use Nyx dewy setting spray and this stuff does not budge! It makes your skin look so pretty, I don't even have to set it with powder. No dry spots or greasy spots. It is pricey at 42$ but I barely have to use any, one squirt works for my whole face! I'm so in love with this stuff I can't believe how great it makes my skin look. Everyone must try this! As with any liquid foundation, make sure you are exfoliating your skin, moisturizing and using a primer!

on 12/20/2014 6:28:00 PM

Found my HG foundation, finally!! After years of searching, I've found the one. I have it in the shade 2.2, which is a nice match for my nc 30 to 35 skin (I fake tan so it varies), with yellow undertones that aren't too yellow.

So studio skin has everything I look for in a foundation: medium to full, buildable coverage; dries in a minute or two to a satin matte finish so only needs a small amount of powder to set (I hate too much powder!), AND most importantly, it lasts all day! No foundation has ever truly lasted from morning to night for me until now. I honestly get a full 14-15 hour wear out of this and I didn't think it was possible on my combination skin. This doesn't make me oily or show up any dry patches like a lot of other foundations do.

Any cons? It is a little pricey, at £28. But I am completely happy to pay this as it's well worth it. Will definitely repurchase! If you have a problem with makeup only seeming to last a few hours and are fed up of searching give this one a try!!

on 12/17/2014 3:17:00 PM

I will admit I was a bit hesitant to buy this at first because of the price. However, because of the heavy acne and redness on my skin, none of my other foundations did a good job of hiding it, and it was one of the very few products I could find that were "full-coverage."

I only use two pumps at the most--this stuff his VERY pigmented-- and it covers my entire face and my neck. To make it last, you definitely need the right tools--foundation brush, stipling brush, sponge, etc. but don't use your fingers! You won't get the look you want by using them, trust me, and you'll end up using more product than you need to. I also found that this product goes on a bit shiny, so absolutely use a loose or pressed powder to set the foundation afterwards. After you set it, this stuff WILL NOT come off your face until you wash it off. Overall, amazing foundation and will definitely buy again when I (eventually) run out... shouldn't be for a while, though!

on 12/11/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Seriously, holy cow, HG. I'm 27 years old and never thought I would find a foundation that worked for me, but here's my Goldilocks story...

I'm not a foundation girl. I have such oily skin that makeup never looked good on me for more than 1 or 2 hours, especially in humid Singapore where I grew up, but even in cool temperate Northern California I have to blot my face at least 3 times a day. I had acne for the longest time in teenagehood and couldn't cover it with makeup, but now after antibiotics and years of a proper toning and moisturizing regimen, my skin has only very light acne scars / slight redness and I'm comfortable going out without makeup on my face and people still think I look fine.

=== Too Light ===

Two years ago, as part of a makeover, I was recommended Armani Face Fabric (and to stipple it on with a concealer brush). I used it for 2 years, it gave sheer-to-light coverage so it looked better than nothing on my face, and felt lightweight and comfortable but I would still not look airbrushed or anything, I'd still get shiny and it would slide off about 5-6 hours later.

=== Too Heavy ===

When I first put on the correct shade of Revlon ColorStay, it just covered all my redness and trace acne scars, and I got such a flawless matte finish, I was super stoked because I looked like an actress. It even helped me stay not shiny for much longer! But what I didn't like was the full coverage, because it just painted my entire face the same uniform colour and looked a bit fake and mannequin-like. I definitely needed to apply contour shades and blush to make myself look human. It also lay heavily on my skin, and I suspect it may have caused me to break out.

=== Just Right ===

So like any good MUAer, I decided to put my fate in the hands of all you good folks. I narrowed down the foundation Top Picks by people with Oily Skin, and it gave me Estee Lauder Double Wear, MUFE, Lancome Teint Idole, etc, and Smashbox Studio Skin. To be honest I have a sort of aversion to more "classic" makeup brands like Estee Lauder and Lancome because they remind me of my mother (who is beautiful, but I don't want to look like her yet), and I have a soft spot for Smashbox since buying their awesome Master Class Color and Contour Palette recently. I went to my local Sephora to try out the Smashbox Studio Skin vs Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. Both looked great, but the Tarte has SPF 15 and gave me a very slight ghostly "flashback" in a flash photograph.

With Smashbox Studio Skin I got the same "celebrity skin" quality, but lighter and an even more natural finish because it reveals (in a blurred, gentle way) the slight variations of coloration of my real skin underneath, which I think is a very pretty fresh-faced look (I don't even need to apply blush now!). Seriously, I wore this to my holiday party over the Becca mattifying primer and did my eyes as usual (with my HG Etude House eye primer and Armani Eyes to Kill mascara), and people told me I looked like I was going to the Oscars. Every photo I took turned out so glam I couldn't believe that was my own skin. I intend to wear this with a layer of sunscreen for everyday wear, but skip the sunscreen for parties or events where I might be photographed. I never want to live without this foundation in my life again. So... will you marry me, Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation?

--------- Shade ------------

Sephora initially colour-matched me to 2.3, but that made me look pale and pasty, so I went up one to 2.4 which was nicer, with the correct yellow undertone, but just a tad too dark for me. I finally found my perfect match in 2.2 (Light Golden Beige). For reference, I was somewhere between 330 Natural Tan/350 Rich Tan/360 Golden Caramel in Revlon ColorStay, and shade 3 in Face Fabric.

The only con I can think of for this foundation is, it kind of clings to my brushes. I usually do a quick swipe with a Ponds makeup remover wipe on my face to remove most of it before I start to power-scrub my face with my Clarisonic Mia 2, but one time I forgot and it tinged all my Mia 2 white bristles with orange-beige tips. Same with the flat-top kabuki brush I used to apply it... brush cleaner won't get that pigment off. Oh well, I can live with that...

on 12/3/2014 6:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm loving this foundation right now, but before I say why, I think I should explain in more depth my whole experience. I have such a hard time with foundation looking like a mask. First of all, I'm very fair with neutral undertones, my skin is pretty clear with only the occasional breakout, normal to combination and only a little redness. I honestly don't really need foundation, but I'm a make up queen and my skin is not good enough to wear a dramatic eye look without foundation. Onward--> I hated this foundation at first and considered returning it. I had just bought a new foundation brush and was determined to use it. When I applied with my brush it accentuated my pores beyond belief, I then used my fingers and it was too thick for that to work. I broke out my beauty blender and it looked much nicer applied this way, but after a couple hours it looked like crap, all patchy and cakey...WTH I thought... So I kept experimenting because for some reason, I had a feeling I just wasn't doing it quite right. Perfection came when I decided to back off my moisturizer in the AM and use less primer. I wash my face, tone, and then apply the smallest amount of primer, just barely enough to cover my face, then I used my BB and sponged it on half my face working from the center out until perfect, then do the other half of my face. That was the trick. Now, I love it, it's like a second skin, natural, no mask, great coverage, buildable (if done strategically, not a whole other coat) perfect color (1.2), no noticeable oxidation, no breaking out, lasts all day. It's not dry at all or tight feeling like some "all day" makeups can feel, it's actually kind of hydrating so I do not recommend it for oily skin types. At this point, the only complaint I have is that it does lean slightly yellow, but I can work with it since I'm neutral enough, I wish though that they had a larger color selection. I love the pump bottle, it's sanitary and easy to work with... It's definitely my favorite foundation so far, but that is not to say I wont try samples of other foundations looking for my HG.

on 12/3/2014 7:39:00 AM

I bought this hoping to have found the last foundation I needed to try because I've tried so many and none of them work for my skin. I've also tired a lot of bb/cc creams. This had so many good reviews, and I'm not sure why. I put on primer and then this and it looked straight up AWFUL. There was practically no coverage, and it stuck to any blemish or dry patch. My skin is actually very oily and it created the look of dry patches.....?! It was thick and sticky and hard to blend. I ended up washing it off 10 minutes after applying because I couldn't go to work looking like that. I have no idea who this would work for but definitely not me.

on 11/21/2014 7:57:00 PM

I have such a love and hate relationship with this foundation. Pros: - a gorgeous finish. It gives just the right amount of coverage (covers under-eye circles and most blemishes) without looking too heavy/mask like. I apply this foundation with a damp beauty blender and the result is very natural. Your skin but 10x better. - this foundation does have great staying power. Okay, maybe it doesn't last as long as Estee's Double Wear, but i'd only have to powder maybe once around lunchtime, and i'll be shine-free all day. Cons: - okay so these are the bad bits. I really do want to love this foundation but there are some things stopping me from doing so :( - first of all, the shade range isn't amazing. I am quite pale (typical English skin, porcelain like), and even the lightest shade of this foundation was still rather dark for me, which meant i'd have to blend the foundation all the way down my neck to my collarbones (which wasted a tonne of product). I believe most of the shades are aimed towards those with yellow undertones. It's a shame because the foundation was a slightly different colour that what it looks like in the bottle! - this breaks my skin out like CRAZY. I would not recommend this to anyone with skin susceptible to breakouts because man this stuff will play havoc with your skin. My skin is borderline oily, with a few spots here and there. but no foundation has really affected this. As soon as I started to use this foundation my skin broke out like you wouldn't believe. It's been 2 weeks since I stopped using this and my skin is still trying to recover. I now have scarring across my forehead and lower cheeks, and huge cystic spots around my hairline, all because of this foundation D': Overall this foundation really isn't for me. I want to love it SO bad, but unfortunately I won't be purchasing again.

on 11/11/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smashbox isn't vegan and tests on animals, so I won't be buying this again period.

This gave me a really glowy finish, that was lovely and illuminating. It did get a little oily on my forehead after a full day of school, but did stay on (seems to sink into the skin though)

This product gives a nice light coverage but I found it hard to build up, the product balls up and cakes after 2 light layers (applied with fingers). I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with bumpy acne as the product kind of sticks to it. It looks great from a distance/good lighting, awful and pore-sticking up close.

I like how it was oil free, but it made my sensitive skin break out awfully for up to a week after. It was slightly sticky to wear and I could definitely feel it on/made my face feel dirty.

on 11/9/2014 12:44:00 PM

Only my 4th day of using this foundation and I love it. I wanted to try something different than my MAC NC15 foundation I use. I was an NC40 back in the summer but I stopped tanning and moved away from the beach. This foundation is a buildable full coverage and I love it. I LOVE FULL coverage. My face isn't oily its not cakey with this foundation.

I would so buy it again but I still want to try other foundations.