Diesel Loverdose EDP

3.7

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

THIS IS MY FAV SCENT .....AT THE MOMENT.....ITS VERY NICE ON MY SKIN...PRETTY,SEXY ,SWEET....ESCADA MAGNATISM...DOSED UP WITH VANILLA CANDY!

I absolutely love this perfume! It smells like licorice mixed with vanilla and something sweet like cotton candy. I can also smell some woods which gives the fragrance som edge and stops it from beeing too sweet. Many people are compairing Loverdose to Lolita lempicka. I have both scents and I personally don't think that they smell the same at all. To me Lolita is very powdery and smells kind of "old", it basically smells like something an older lady would wear. Loverdose is more sharp and edgy.The licorice note in Loverdose is also way more authentic than in Lolita which to me is a good thing since I love licorice! Loverdose is that kind of perfume that I would wear when i want to feel super feminine and sexy. It would be suitable for a date or a night out. The lasting power of this scent is also very good. On my skin it lasts about 12h +.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Scent: I hated it at first. On paper, it's licorice- very sweet licorice. But once on skin, it turns a bit muskier and darker, even a bit spicy. Still, the strongest note is the black licorice and I love it, despite not being able to stomach the candy. It is very sweet, but a tolerable, non-candy sweet. It's hard to describe. The candy note is very prominent but tangled with the jasmine, star anise, and amber, does not resemble something you eat. It's strong in the first spritzes so I only spray it once or twice, but it doesn't last too well. It's a headstrong scent, definitely not a classic.
Bottle: Kind of awkward. I've seen it displayed upside down, on its back, on the side, at an angle, etc. It's an angular, purple heart. Quite cute.
Price: In CDN dollars, it's $54, $69, and a whopping $93 for 30, 50, and 75ml. I think it's pretty high for the lasting power(5 hours max on me) and the amount. I have two samples that I'm working through. I'm seriously considering purchasing, but I'm not sure if it's a scent I want to commit to.
Also, I don't believe the whole "2 molecules that makes people feel attraction" stuff at all, but I do receive a fair share of compliments when wearing this scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

EW, is the only word needed saying. I hate this perfume. I tried a small amount of a friend's and whenever I caught a whiff of it, I almost heaved. It's far too sickly sweet, powdery and smells very strongly of liquorice, which I hate. It lingers on your skin for a small amount of time before developing into a heavy burnt sugar smell. Hated it.

LOVE this perfume!
Have been wanting this for a long time and finally got it, and haven't stopped wearing it!
I get compliments every time I wear it and I don't think I'll get sick of it any time soon!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I find this to be really synthetic and not appealing. It's too sweet and seems to fade easily.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like the licorice note in Loverdose, more authentic than in the Lolita Lemnpicka's ! still I find it a bit linear, past the top notes, it seems to just sit there..but overall I am enjoying it, although I wont repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Along the lines of Jimmy Choo, Flowerbomb (but weaker), Aura, Angel (but not heavy patch and sweetness). I didnt seem to get a similarlty with Lolita Lempicka as noted by some reviewers on Fragratica.

Generic and boring...yawn but can see this being popular as well!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'm a bit disappointed with LOVERDOSE in all honestly, which is a shame, as I've been counting down the release for it, like a kid waiting for Christmas, as most of the listed scent notes are amongst my favourites. It starts promisingly enough; plenty of spicy star anise and licorice, with a hint of vanilla. It's a great contrast between the louder, energising spices and the quieter, softness of the creamy vanilla. Very appealing.

However; after starting of with a bang, LOVERDOSE soon starts to unravel. None of the florals are detectable on me, so whilst I love the above notes, everything soon starts to seem flat, one dimensional and boring.

Also; I find the masculine woods in the base very bitter. A hint of the dreaded [by me at least] patchouli perhaps? I normally like a masculine kick in my autumn/winter perfumes, but something in here just doesn't sit right with me.

Official scent notes: star anise, mandarin, Sambac jasmine, licorice, gardenia, amber, vanilla and woody notes.

Considering that [in the UK at least] LOVERDOSE is in a similar price bracket to Prada, YSL, Chanel etc, the lasting power isn't reflective of the price tag and it doesn't suggest top quality ingredients were used; Five hours max. The purple, faceted heart -with an arrow running through it - shaped bottle looks stunning and is weighty and well made. Is this why it is a expensive perfume to buy?

To quickly summarize; LOVERDOSE is nice enough and wearable, but it smells the same as countless other perfumes. If I received a bottle as a gift I'd be happy and would wear it, but this isn't something that I would buy for myself.

Popular Fragrances