Diesel Loverdose EDP

3.6

on 12/28/2011 1:35:00 PM

LOVE this perfume!
Have been wanting this for a long time and finally got it, and haven't stopped wearing it!
I get compliments every time I wear it and I don't think I'll get sick of it any time soon!

on 10/2/2011 3:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I find this to be really synthetic and not appealing. It's too sweet and seems to fade easily.

on 9/17/2011 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like the licorice note in Loverdose, more authentic than in the Lolita Lemnpicka's ! still I find it a bit linear, past the top notes, it seems to just sit there..but overall I am enjoying it, although I wont repurchase!

on 9/14/2011 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Along the lines of Jimmy Choo, Flowerbomb (but weaker), Aura, Angel (but not heavy patch and sweetness). I didnt seem to get a similarlty with Lolita Lempicka as noted by some reviewers on Fragratica.

Generic and boring...yawn but can see this being popular as well!

on 8/26/2011 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I'm a bit disappointed with LOVERDOSE in all honestly, which is a shame, as I've been counting down the release for it, like a kid waiting for Christmas, as most of the listed scent notes are amongst my favourites. It starts promisingly enough; plenty of spicy star anise and licorice, with a hint of vanilla. It's a great contrast between the louder, energising spices and the quieter, softness of the creamy vanilla. Very appealing.

However; after starting of with a bang, LOVERDOSE soon starts to unravel. None of the florals are detectable on me, so whilst I love the above notes, everything soon starts to seem flat, one dimensional and boring.

Also; I find the masculine woods in the base very bitter. A hint of the dreaded [by me at least] patchouli perhaps? I normally like a masculine kick in my autumn/winter perfumes, but something in here just doesn't sit right with me.

Official scent notes: star anise, mandarin, Sambac jasmine, licorice, gardenia, amber, vanilla and woody notes.

Considering that [in the UK at least] LOVERDOSE is in a similar price bracket to Prada, YSL, Chanel etc, the lasting power isn't reflective of the price tag and it doesn't suggest top quality ingredients were used; Five hours max. The purple, faceted heart -with an arrow running through it - shaped bottle looks stunning and is weighty and well made. Is this why it is a expensive perfume to buy?

To quickly summarize; LOVERDOSE is nice enough and wearable, but it smells the same as countless other perfumes. If I received a bottle as a gift I'd be happy and would wear it, but this isn't something that I would buy for myself.

Popular Fragrances