April 24, 2014 | 930 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Wow Lash

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pro: lengthens well enough, the colour is very black
Con: very very clumpy, hardly volumizes

This mascara may work for you if all you need is to darken and lengthen your lashes. Otherwise, not recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by stormm

Worst mascara I've ever used! I threw it out after using only once because it clumps, clumps, clumps. I don't recommend it if you want you mascara to separate your lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by TGonz

The product is cheap, it was $3.99 when I bought it at Fred Meyer. My Maybelline Illegal Length mascara was drying out, so I needed a new mascara. I didn't have much money with me at the time, so I decided to buy this stuff. It claims that it's safe for contact lens wearers, and I believe it because I've had no problems with irritation. But then again, I don't have sensitive eyes. It also claims that it has buildable volume. Well, let's just say I disagree with that statement. It's not buildable. It's a very light mascara that doesn't give much volume or length, and you're talking about a girl with naturally long lashes! I also don't like layering on a mascara, because I don't want them over-clumping. I'm probably the only one who would think this, but, I will NOT buy this mascara again. Oh, did I mention it smudges? Yea, that was a turn off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Angela75

I am so surprised how much I like this product! It has a slightly wetter consistency than i typically like but it separated, drew out and fanned my lashes perfectly! It lengthened my lashes considerably and not a clump in sight. It hasn't flaked all day and it's incredibly light and flexible. My lashes without mascara are shortish and stick out at odd angles and this stuff straightened and ever so slightly curled them and they stayed put!! A super deal at Walmart in Canada for $3.88 on sale. I am so very impressed! I think i'll stock up before it dissappears!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by rcrystal

I wanted a mascara that would give me BIG lashes. I tried this one because it promised a big brush and volume and all that other good stuff. The formula is great, but there's too much of it on the brush. My lashes looked more voluminous but not very long. It's a good mascara for day time, I paid $5 for it, the packaging is cute, but I wouldn't buy this again. Great for makeup beginners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really surprised at how good this mascara is. I got it for free and have been using this as my daily mascara for work & on weekends when I'm only going out for a few hours.

I'm one of those people who rely on waterproof mascaras as my lashes like to drop down after curling them and I also get watery eyes a fair bit. I had to get used to the drier formula and the length of the brush as I use Maybelline mascaras which are very wet and more compact, but this really does apply well. It lasts a long time, doesn't smudge or flake off on me and has a really good hold on my lashes so that they don't droop down and just disappear! Its also really easy to remove.

Really happy I was given this as I wouldn't have tried it otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really exceeded my expectations. Extra Wow Lash is kind of a lame name. Priceline was doing a spend $20 on Rimmel and get a giftpack, and this was included. It volumises and lengthens lashes, without clumping like some volumising formulas do. It looks good all day, and the brush is the perfect size. Rimmel's come far since I last tried thrm, I'vee recommended this to my sister and I'll buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

for 4 dollars it is pretty good stuff.

like the extreme black color. after one or two uses it thickens and will give a nice amount of volume and decent length though not over the top.

it's a good every day mascara IMO

but i noticed it dries out quickly. after only a few weeks it seems too dry already. guess that's why it's cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by solg

I've had good experiences with Rimmel mascaras, they're some of my drugstore favorites, and this is no exception. I've tried the 'Extra Lash' version and didn't like it, so I was surprised to see how much I enjoyed this one.
This mascara has a nice medium size brush that separates the lashes, adds length, doesn't clump or smudge and I find that even though I didn't get the waterproof version (didn't know if there is one though), it stayed on all day in place.
I like my lashes to look feathery and 'winged' at the outer corner, and this mascara is great to achieve that. I would love for it to add a bit more volume, but it's a great product.
I like to have a few mascaras on hand at the same time, and I'll definitely be repurchasing this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

This is an excellent, inexpensive daytime mascara. Gives GORGEOUS fluttery fringy lashes, amazing separation and length, a little volume, buildable without the slightest clumping. I would rate this a 5 if it gave a little more drama/volume and it does tend to flake a tiny bit (I can't stand flaking). I will definitely keep this in my arsenal and this works well to smooth out more dramatic but clumpy mascaras.