April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Spin Air Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Lpahati

I love love this product. When used correctly you get amazing shine and volume!
Great for daily use and very easy to use.

Check out my video for my tutorial on this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, Love, Love this Spin Air Brush!! I am usually skeptical of all gadgets, but was intrigued by the concept. There is nothing like a blowout with a round brush and dryer for volume and smooth shine, but since I have a LOT of hair and only two hands it's near impossible to do correctly. This product does EXACTLY that for me. I have shoulder length, sort of bobbed hair and it takes me about 15 minutes to do with this. I've used it a few times, and pretty much have it down pat now. Receive many compliments on how great my hair looks :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Let's start by saying that I like my hair so I will not use this product again. The design is indeed bulky and too heavy for the purpose intended. My hair is long and I liked the idea behind this product but when it came to using it, it was nothing but a disaster. First and foremost, this is supposed to dry and style. Well, for those who have a lot of hair, this is not even doable because it pulls and tugs and does all kind of tangling your hair. On the other hand, if you have a thin set of hair, stick with a curling iron because you do not want to lose the rest of your hair. Make the long story short, I have no idea what Conair was thinking when they came up with this product but it was a waste of time....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Spin air brush is as close as it gets to having a pro blowout! IF and only IF you use the tool correctly.

I've never mastered the 2 hand juggle between a blow dryer and a brush, so all these years I rely on hot air brushes. My current one is the Revlon ionic 1500 watt hot brush, which gives great results but not pro quality blow out.

If you have had a blowout done at a salon, you know that a good blowout is not static....your stylist's hand has to move continuously lifting and pulling your hair away with a brush and dry/ smooth it out with a blowdryer.

This is where the spin air brush differs from your regular hot air brush. It rotates continuously in multi direction which gives you shiny, bouncy hair with movements---something that I don't achieve with a static hot brush because I probably don't continuously move my hands enough.

Here's some tip to make it work well:

1. Wait til your hair is about 75% dry before you use the spin brush. The high heat setting isn't hot enough for me to get my frizz completely dry. I wish the spin brush has a higher watt since I'm used to my 1500 watt hot air brush.

2. SECTION OFF your hair with hair clips. Don't half ass blow drying your hair by just running the brush under your damp hair. You will not get a good result this way, and your hair will not get a proper lift & dry. You will also likely to tangle your hair without sectioning it off.

3. Learn to use the button for the multi direction spin. This feature is awesome that you don't have to work your hands in awkward position to go under/ above your hair like traditional curling iron/ hot air brushes. It's not hard to figure it out--just practice and figure it out.

4. Let the brush grab your hair and press the spin button. Get it as close to your scalp, and pull it in opposite direction ( the wrist tension on the brush is what creates a smooth, glossy surface on your hair). Do this for a few seconds. (Your hair will not get tangled....I have tried tangling my hair with this brush and it's nearly impossible).

I don't find this brush heavy/ awkward at all and I have very small hands. It is a little heavier than my revlon hot air brush but it's barely noticeable. I think people who are used to using hot air brushes will not find it difficult to use it.

I wish that the brush comes in smaller sizes so I can create more details for my shorter layers/ bangs. I have to use my Revlon hot air brush/ curling iron to detail my layers.

I wish it has more power wattage but maybe it's not that high so the spin brush action doesn't overheat--??

But overall I love this spin brush, it is very easy to use, and it gives you lots of volume and shine. I find it comparable to having a pro blow out. The spin air brush is much better and effective compared to the Revo styler hairbrush which I tried in the early 2000s. This is also much better than the infinity tourmaline series.

P.S My hair is medium length, frizzy/ curly asian hair.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Incidentally this is called the Conair Spin Air Rotating Styler - the one I am reviewing is pictured here.

I think this is a good product, but it didn't work for me. There were some annoyances and if you search for reviews you'll know what I mean (the function buttons, the weight, figuring out the direction). However for the right person it would be a great tool to have. It didn't work for me because the brush is just too big round for my hair. I like how soft, yet effective, the bristles were - they grabbed the hair, but gently, and the spinning stops if there's any pull at all. But the brush is so soft, I had it rotating pressed right up against my forehead while doing the root of my bangs and it was as soft as a facial brush! So I loved that you can get a bit of a scalp massage with this. However the unit was heavy and fatiguing to use, and I couldn't get close enough to my roots to get lift there - instead i got that dreaded triangle shape that I loath on me. But it did leave a nice polish, and it was just kind of fun to use. However, back it went. Oh and btw I thought it was kind of expensive even though I got the cheapest price in my town. I got a flyer from Bed Bath Beyond and they had this featured for about $80 and I found it at Walmart for $59, so shop around.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by YADAYADAYADA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this for $59.99 CAD which I think is overpriced but I wanted to try it, darn it. The high price is the only reason I took one lippie off though. So that said, it works great! It takes a little getting used to as the brush can spin two ways (there are buttons to push to determine which way you'd like it to spin). My initial thoughts while I was a few minutes into doing my hair with this the first time was "I'm so taking this back!" but it does make my hair super smooth and shiny. I had zero product in my hair (for reference I usually use a serum because my hair is super damaged from dyes/bleach) but this still made it look healthy. After using this for the underneath part of my hair (the most unruly) I decided to just use a hairdryer for the top part and this is when I changed my mind and decided to keep it. The top part of my hair looked sooooo crappy compared to the smooth and shiny underneath part. So I used the spin brush on my top section already dried hair and it still made it smooth and shiny! Yay! And it was super fast. My hair is thick and long and it took less than 10 minutes. But as good as it is I still think it should only cost $40. LOL
Update: Do NOT waste your money on this. Just tried it for the 2nd time. The buttons got so hot I couldn't use them to make the brush spin AND the top of the plastic part (not the bristles) yanked my hair out!! I'm taking this back to the store right now.