October 22, 2014 | 935 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Spin Air Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kaydeem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This little tool is so cool. Although I have fine, straight-ish hair that SHOULD come out silky and shiny with a good blow dry, it never does when I do it at home. I really try very hard to maintain good technique when blow drying my own hair, but I somehow always wind up with more frizz than I can live with...so then I have to use a curling iron or pass it through a flat iron to get my hair to look smooth or shiny. My old two-tool technique works, but at the end of the day, that's two potentially damaging heat tools cooking my already-dry hair. But the Conair Spin Air Brush gives me silky smooth hair without the need for an iron. It is far superior to a separate brush and blow dryer for the following reasons:
-you will never inadvertently blow the dryer UP the hair shaft, roughing up the cuticle when you switch sections (like I always do by accident with a separate brush and dryer)
-it allows you to put the proper tension on the hair shaft that gives it a silky texture and high shine
-it easily and quickly allows you to manipulate the flow of your hair...you can angle your ends under or give them a sassy flip
-you can work the brush in near the root and hold it there to increase the overall volume of your hair.
The Spin Air Brush gives me results I could never before do by myself at home, with one tool. I echo the sentiments of other reviewers who say that it makes them look like they just got their hair done at the salon. And with a little hair oil and a careful brushing, I can hold on to my just-blown-out look for a day or two. Definitely couldn't do THAT before with my hair dryer...I'd always have Medusa hair after about 12 hours.
The directions that come with the tool recommend that your hair be 75-80% dry when you start. I've used it with my hair more wet than that, but it just takes too long, and pulling too hard (and the brush does create some degree of tension on the hair shaft) on soaking wet hair is not the best idea if your hair is at all fragile. I also recommend doing a youtube search for tutorials, there are a couple really good ones out there. Watching someone else use the Spin Air Brush softens the learning curve...because it does take a little while to get used to controlling the spin action on the brush (it moves in forward and reverse under your control).
I wanted this tool for quite a while and am so grateful that I finally have it. It really does deliver salon-fresh hair with less time and far less damage than my previous routine. Thank you, Conair. This tool is incredible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by goldneye

Love this brush! I love the way it makes my hair look like I just left the salon. After just a few minutes I was used to working with it. LOVE IT and will definately buy another, just in case. Bought it a Bed, Bath & Beyond, paid full price but feel it was well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by JenKuptz

I love this! I just bought it today at CVS for $18.99 with my CVS card, this is a steal as it retails for $60! I used it as soon as I got home on my hair... which was a hot mess from the rain! I cannot believe the results I got using this. My hair is so shiny and looks like I just walked out of the salon. I am def. not good at doing my hair and this was so easy to use, It just takes a few tries to figure out which way to spin the brush. I was so excited about the results I just went and bought two more of these as Christmas presents for my mom and sister! For the price I got these for I would have bought more, but the store only had two left! This is a must have for any girl that wants shiny, salon quality hair but can not master the round brush and blow dryer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Whew, $60 for this thing at Target...thank goodness I can return, which I will be doing after my third attempt using this. I feel like this is a bulky device that doesnít have enough power to dry my hair in a reasonable amount of time (my normal blow-dry with a round brush is just under 20 minutes for shoulder length, fine, wavy, medium density hair). Thereís a learning curve to using the two buttons to make the brush spin (itís nice that it can spin either way for those of us that arenít as ambidextrous as others), and you can always opt not to use the spinning feature, and simply rotate the tool with your wrist, as you would with a round brush (but then, why not just buy a less expensive air-brush at that point?) The tool is large, my small hand doesnít fit all the way around the handle but I didnít have an issue with the productís weight, like a few others have mentioned. IMO, itís not any heavier than a regular blow dryer. The tool comes with a cover to protect the soft bristles during storage or travel (I quite like this idea) and as another reviewer mentioned, the bristles are soft, and do a decent job at grabbing my hair (although, I could stand a little more grip to create more tension). The overall look of this brush is nice...nothing super amazing but certainly nothing childish looking or to be embarrassed about.
So a score of 2 because of the super long drying time, the bulkiness and the fact that it didnít seem to smooth my hair or make it shiny (my expensive round brush and hair dyer do an excellent job and this hot brush just canít compare). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have never figured out how to use a blow dryer and a round brush without taking 3 hours, hurting my elbows and shoulders, and probably damaging my hair from not moving the blow dryer fast enough. This product is a combination of a good quality blow dryer (ceramic/ion) and a good brush (the bristles are so soft). Its also better than using a round brush and blow dryer because it blows hot air onto all sides of the curl, not just from one direction. I'm really happy I bought this!

Oh, by the way, Bed Bath Beyond has it in stock. I used my 20% off coupon and they are also having a rebate until 12/31 for it for a 10 BBB gift card. Just a heads up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Lpahati

I love love this product. When used correctly you get amazing shine and volume!
Great for daily use and very easy to use.

Check out my video for my tutorial on this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, Love, Love this Spin Air Brush!! I am usually skeptical of all gadgets, but was intrigued by the concept. There is nothing like a blowout with a round brush and dryer for volume and smooth shine, but since I have a LOT of hair and only two hands it's near impossible to do correctly. This product does EXACTLY that for me. I have shoulder length, sort of bobbed hair and it takes me about 15 minutes to do with this. I've used it a few times, and pretty much have it down pat now. Receive many compliments on how great my hair looks :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Let's start by saying that I like my hair so I will not use this product again. The design is indeed bulky and too heavy for the purpose intended. My hair is long and I liked the idea behind this product but when it came to using it, it was nothing but a disaster. First and foremost, this is supposed to dry and style. Well, for those who have a lot of hair, this is not even doable because it pulls and tugs and does all kind of tangling your hair. On the other hand, if you have a thin set of hair, stick with a curling iron because you do not want to lose the rest of your hair. Make the long story short, I have no idea what Conair was thinking when they came up with this product but it was a waste of time....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Spin air brush is as close as it gets to having a pro blowout! IF and only IF you use the tool correctly.

I've never mastered the 2 hand juggle between a blow dryer and a brush, so all these years I rely on hot air brushes. My current one is the Revlon ionic 1500 watt hot brush, which gives great results but not pro quality blow out.

If you have had a blowout done at a salon, you know that a good blowout is not static....your stylist's hand has to move continuously lifting and pulling your hair away with a brush and dry/ smooth it out with a blowdryer.

This is where the spin air brush differs from your regular hot air brush. It rotates continuously in multi direction which gives you shiny, bouncy hair with movements---something that I don't achieve with a static hot brush because I probably don't continuously move my hands enough.

Here's some tip to make it work well:

1. Wait til your hair is about 75% dry before you use the spin brush. The high heat setting isn't hot enough for me to get my frizz completely dry. I wish the spin brush has a higher watt since I'm used to my 1500 watt hot air brush.

2. SECTION OFF your hair with hair clips. Don't half ass blow drying your hair by just running the brush under your damp hair. You will not get a good result this way, and your hair will not get a proper lift & dry. You will also likely to tangle your hair without sectioning it off.

3. Learn to use the button for the multi direction spin. This feature is awesome that you don't have to work your hands in awkward position to go under/ above your hair like traditional curling iron/ hot air brushes. It's not hard to figure it out--just practice and figure it out.

4. Let the brush grab your hair and press the spin button. Get it as close to your scalp, and pull it in opposite direction ( the wrist tension on the brush is what creates a smooth, glossy surface on your hair). Do this for a few seconds. (Your hair will not get tangled....I have tried tangling my hair with this brush and it's nearly impossible).

I don't find this brush heavy/ awkward at all and I have very small hands. It is a little heavier than my revlon hot air brush but it's barely noticeable. I think people who are used to using hot air brushes will not find it difficult to use it.

I wish that the brush comes in smaller sizes so I can create more details for my shorter layers/ bangs. I have to use my Revlon hot air brush/ curling iron to detail my layers.

I wish it has more power wattage but maybe it's not that high so the spin brush action doesn't overheat--??

But overall I love this spin brush, it is very easy to use, and it gives you lots of volume and shine. I find it comparable to having a pro blow out. The spin air brush is much better and effective compared to the Revo styler hairbrush which I tried in the early 2000s. This is also much better than the infinity tourmaline series.

P.S My hair is medium length, frizzy/ curly asian hair.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Incidentally this is called the Conair Spin Air Rotating Styler - the one I am reviewing is pictured here.

I think this is a good product, but it didn't work for me. There were some annoyances and if you search for reviews you'll know what I mean (the function buttons, the weight, figuring out the direction). However for the right person it would be a great tool to have. It didn't work for me because the brush is just too big round for my hair. I like how soft, yet effective, the bristles were - they grabbed the hair, but gently, and the spinning stops if there's any pull at all. But the brush is so soft, I had it rotating pressed right up against my forehead while doing the root of my bangs and it was as soft as a facial brush! So I loved that you can get a bit of a scalp massage with this. However the unit was heavy and fatiguing to use, and I couldn't get close enough to my roots to get lift there - instead i got that dreaded triangle shape that I loath on me. But it did leave a nice polish, and it was just kind of fun to use. However, back it went. Oh and btw I thought it was kind of expensive even though I got the cheapest price in my town. I got a flyer from Bed Bath Beyond and they had this featured for about $80 and I found it at Walmart for $59, so shop around.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No