November 27, 2014 | 1602 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is a bit of an enigma. I have it in "Amethyst" and while the color is pretty and unique, it is SO hard to work with. It applies creamily on the back of my hand but when I try to use it on my eyes it looks uneven. I have to blend it extremely fast, and sometimes it sets before I have time. It looks bad in the creases of my eye if I don't blend it.

Edit: Bumping this up to a 4 because I realize this is just the way the product is. I line it thickly across my upper lash line and it looks great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the reviewer who compared these to the MAC Greasepaints. They are very similar, although I find these wear better. I can work with them and smudge them a bit at first, but they set quickly and after that they stay put. Whereas the Greasepaint tends to disappear after a few hours, these stay on exactly as I applied them without transferring or fading. Long wear length but I can remove them with my regular facial cleanser.

I don't like them as an eyeshadow because they feel sort of thick and I feel too aware of them on my eyelid all day. It's like a presence that's almost uncomfortable and I don't want to be able to feel my eye makeup at all. But I do like them as eyeliner. I have to be more careful applying it to my lower lid because the applicator is blunt and the formula is so creamy, so it's not a far leap into sloppiness. But sometimes I don't want a precise, stark line of color and for those moments the Caviar sticks are perfect. Especially the lighter, more glimmery metallic colors like Amethyst, Khaki, and Steel.

I bought Plum, Khaki, Steel, Amethyst, and Cocoa. All of the colors are beautiful but my favorite is Amethyst, which looks amazing with my eye color. I think it's the most unique of the range too.

The price seems right considering the color range, quality, wear length, and size. I doubt I'll be repurchasing any of the ones I own anytime soon because they'll last such a long time, especially since I won't be using any of them as eyeshadow. But I would repurchase if I go through them, and I do want to get the two other colors that I don't have yet.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product. I bought this in the steel color shade. I forget the exact name of the shade right now. If the color had suited me better I would have liked this product better, as the shade was just too dark for my skin tone and not subtle enough. My other complaint is that I could feel something heavy on my eyelids, as if it dried onto my eyelids like paint would. I imagine this is what makes it waterproof, but it just made my lids feel weird. Just didn't like the feel of it. On a positive note though, I definitely prefer eyeshadows that are applied via a stick method.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by thursdaynxt19

I have this in Amethyst, and I really love it. The consistency is so creamy but the color stays on without creasing or losing intensity on my lids. I have a small crease, so I use UDPP under Amethyst most of the time. I could do without primer probably, because the caviar eye stick really wears well.
The color is pretty fabulous, too. It shows up as a darkened silvery lavender on my skin. The sparkle is not glittery, and it's a really refined shimmer. If it wasn't for the price, I would love to collect more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by triciahill

I bought Amethyst first and wore it a lot on holiday - it even survived a swim intact, although the slight sparkle migrated a bit. But the colour is a touch warm for me so I bought Khaki, which despite its name has hardly any green, just a lovely taupey-coolish brown with subtle gold shimmer. I absolutely adore this shade, so flattering for hazel eyes. I'm going to get other shades - probably the darker brown and possibly Plum, but the Khaki is going to be worn and worn and worn. Love it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are probably the best Laura Mercier products I've ever tried.... Really amazing. I have the caviar stick in "Amethyst," which is a beautiful lavender-taupe shade, on the warm side. Lasting power is amazing; they don't smudge. If you try it on the back of your hand, it is very difficult to get off with makeup remover, which says a lot for it's lasting power! I've also tried the Cocoa brown shade and the Khaki shade, both very pretty and wearable. I've used the Amethyst color on 2 brides for their weddings and it's simply beautiful. No need for eyeliner or a million other eye shadow colors - this is it. Perfect on it's own. I imagine this would look great on just about anyone. They have both a sheer quality and an opaque quality to them; I'm so impressed....

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sdg13

Just bought this in khaki...more of a brownish color than green. Really really pretty for my blue/green eyes. Very creamy to spread and then it sets and seems to have great staying power. I would compare this to the by Terry Ombre Blackstar shadows in texture but the colors in the LM's are softer and less sparkly. You probably need to keep this tube clicked shut so the product doesn't dry out. Not sure if I would buy any more colors as khaki seems perfect. Highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by abbe4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the amethyst, and this is a Great product. It is the best thing to come along in ages. I would love to buy "a few more", but this isn't going to happen, just too expensive - but I am delighted with the amethyst, a very natural looking shade on me (dk blue eyes: fair) and it is terrific as an undereye liner. so lovely. I have reverted back to the creamy e/s from LM that come in the tube: so I first use the lightest one, all over, then this eye stick on the lid. I am "off" the few Bobbi Brown long-wear e/s I possess as I my eye lids have been getting itchy and painful: sure enough - now gone with their removal. also the LM creamy e/s are softer looking on me.....an old dame. *sigh*

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this. Waterproof cream shadow/pencil, reminds me of a more refined version of those MAC greasepaint sticks. I bought this in Smoke, because it was the most neutral and deepest. Not much of a fan of color on my eyes, so I hesitated getting this, bought it unseen and didn't expect much. Most soft blacks with shimmer just pull far too much silver to be flattering, so I stick with black (or BB's caviar). This is a beautiful shade of softened black. Against my hand it pulled blue (kind of like the Guerlain loose kohl manages to be a black with silvery-blue shimmer against my skin) but against my eyes the shimmer was much more neutral, almost golden. I have to give this longer to set than most w/p products, but the beauty is that is gives more opportunity to smoke out. This doesn't wear in the heavy manner that most w/p pencil formulas can. This is more neutral and shimmery than the MUFE metallic w/p back (1L?) and more neutral with a finer shimmer particle than I found with MAC's Black Russian. Leave it to LM to create a sophisticated, flattering black shimmer. Went back and bought a few more in this shade as I am now completely obsessed. Wore a good 14 hr work day over my BB cream shadow (ballet pink). Goes on thin, not goopy, and isn't hard either. Feels like butter going on. I love LM.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by PJBX

I bought the amethyst and khaki colors . I love them. The formula goes on smoothly with no dragging on the delicate skin on your eyelids.. It blends easily, but then "sets" and becomes quite budgeproof. The packaging is convenient to slip in your makeup pouch, although you probably will not need to touch up. Its not messy as with powders or creams, and blends with a brush or fingers. The color palette seems to be geared to create a smoky eye.