August 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by triciahill

I bought Amethyst first and wore it a lot on holiday - it even survived a swim intact, although the slight sparkle migrated a bit. But the colour is a touch warm for me so I bought Khaki, which despite its name has hardly any green, just a lovely taupey-coolish brown with subtle gold shimmer. I absolutely adore this shade, so flattering for hazel eyes. I'm going to get other shades - probably the darker brown and possibly Plum, but the Khaki is going to be worn and worn and worn. Love it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are probably the best Laura Mercier products I've ever tried.... Really amazing. I have the caviar stick in "Amethyst," which is a beautiful lavender-taupe shade, on the warm side. Lasting power is amazing; they don't smudge. If you try it on the back of your hand, it is very difficult to get off with makeup remover, which says a lot for it's lasting power! I've also tried the Cocoa brown shade and the Khaki shade, both very pretty and wearable. I've used the Amethyst color on 2 brides for their weddings and it's simply beautiful. No need for eyeliner or a million other eye shadow colors - this is it. Perfect on it's own. I imagine this would look great on just about anyone. They have both a sheer quality and an opaque quality to them; I'm so impressed....

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sdg13

Just bought this in khaki...more of a brownish color than green. Really really pretty for my blue/green eyes. Very creamy to spread and then it sets and seems to have great staying power. I would compare this to the by Terry Ombre Blackstar shadows in texture but the colors in the LM's are softer and less sparkly. You probably need to keep this tube clicked shut so the product doesn't dry out. Not sure if I would buy any more colors as khaki seems perfect. Highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by abbe4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the amethyst, and this is a Great product. It is the best thing to come along in ages. I would love to buy "a few more", but this isn't going to happen, just too expensive - but I am delighted with the amethyst, a very natural looking shade on me (dk blue eyes: fair) and it is terrific as an undereye liner. so lovely. I have reverted back to the creamy e/s from LM that come in the tube: so I first use the lightest one, all over, then this eye stick on the lid. I am "off" the few Bobbi Brown long-wear e/s I possess as I my eye lids have been getting itchy and painful: sure enough - now gone with their removal. also the LM creamy e/s are softer looking on me.....an old dame. *sigh*

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this. Waterproof cream shadow/pencil, reminds me of a more refined version of those MAC greasepaint sticks. I bought this in Smoke, because it was the most neutral and deepest. Not much of a fan of color on my eyes, so I hesitated getting this, bought it unseen and didn't expect much. Most soft blacks with shimmer just pull far too much silver to be flattering, so I stick with black (or BB's caviar). This is a beautiful shade of softened black. Against my hand it pulled blue (kind of like the Guerlain loose kohl manages to be a black with silvery-blue shimmer against my skin) but against my eyes the shimmer was much more neutral, almost golden. I have to give this longer to set than most w/p products, but the beauty is that is gives more opportunity to smoke out. This doesn't wear in the heavy manner that most w/p pencil formulas can. This is more neutral and shimmery than the MUFE metallic w/p back (1L?) and more neutral with a finer shimmer particle than I found with MAC's Black Russian. Leave it to LM to create a sophisticated, flattering black shimmer. Went back and bought a few more in this shade as I am now completely obsessed. Wore a good 14 hr work day over my BB cream shadow (ballet pink). Goes on thin, not goopy, and isn't hard either. Feels like butter going on. I love LM.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by PJBX

I bought the amethyst and khaki colors . I love them. The formula goes on smoothly with no dragging on the delicate skin on your eyelids.. It blends easily, but then "sets" and becomes quite budgeproof. The packaging is convenient to slip in your makeup pouch, although you probably will not need to touch up. Its not messy as with powders or creams, and blends with a brush or fingers. The color palette seems to be geared to create a smoky eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

ME: NW20, brunette, light green eyes, contact lens wearer. I actually really like this product. I bought 3 colors, but this review is for PLUM. I would say this is a very neutral color. I think most plums tend to lean on the cool side. I worry about colors like this making my eyes look bloodshot. (which make me look tired or like I've been crying) I tested this product on one eye (lower waterline only) and I used Chanel cassis stylo yeux waterproof on the other eye. The LM lasted MUCH longer. I usually have to clean up *small* smears under my eye as the day progresses. But this one is still going strong & no smears! (I have tried MANY H20proof eye products - MUFE, UD, Chanel) It's hard to keep anything on my waterline. I may have to swap away my Chanel eyeliners and go back for ALL of these puppies! I'm excited to try the other 2 colors I bought (smoke & amethyst)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No