January 25, 2015 | 1842 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by medailonka

Doll Eyes is my first Lancome mascara. I spent in the shop nearly 2 hours trying lots of different masacaras such as Diorshow, Dior New Look, Iconic (I don't like the brushes, too big or too small for me), YSL Faux Cills (I don't understand why so many people love it, doesn't work on me), Chanel Inimitable (good, but nothing extra superb for that price) and others. But Lancome fits me, especially Doll Eyes. I have dark, quite thick lashes, so all I want is curling and adding some more definition and lenght and Doll Eyes does all of that. I love the brush, which is very handy and useful. Colour is good, the packaging is sooo beautiful and I don't smell anything when using it. It is a great masacara for everyday use. I bought it half a year ago and it's still OK, but I think it's going to be empty soon. I want to try something else, but I will definitely repurchase once again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

Couple of weeks ago there was a %20 off in all mascaras and I wanted to try a Lancome mascara, so I chose this one. At first it was very very liquid and not buildable mascara and I was so dissapointed. After 1-1.5 months, it became more thick and buildable, so I could get a "doll eye" effect. Another thing I realized is that it has a strong odor and after applying you can smell it, which is disturbing me time to time as the odor is a bit funky. I think all L'Oreal group brand's mascaras are in good quality so instead of paying that much money on this producti I would like to buy Maybelline which is also a good quality mascara with reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this. I have not used Lancome mascara in quite a while, but I have kept up with seeing the new products. I did not think I would like this. I figured this would give a Twiggy look which I am not fond of. This surprised me. The brush is odd shaped, like a cone. I found it seemed a little odd using a brush this funny shaped, but I got the hang of it. It took me two uses of this mascara before I finally liked it. I loved how full and long my lashes looked. My only complaint is that once it dried out pretty quickly and at that point even wiping down the wand with a tissue did not help me avoid clumps. I would give this a higher rating if it did not dry out so quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok first of all the only reason I bought this was for the Elbez Collection design. But let me just say this stuff, even though expensive, is WONDERFUL! It was not the waterproof version and yet I have had it on 12+ hours and it has not smudged!!! My lashes are long and full and not clumpy... I only used two coats.

I wish it was not so expensive or this would be my HG mascara. All my drugstore ones smudge with my watery eyes and oily skin.... Even waterproof ones!

I did not find the cone shaped brush a problem. It reminded me of the Maybelline Lots Of Lashes mascara brush(do they still make it?) but the formula is drier on Lancome's. For the $27 I think I paid I love it!

Overall I find this to be well worth the price... even though it was impulse due to the absolte cuteness of the tube!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tiffany86

I'm obsessed with the basic hypnose mascara so I thought this would be great. I was not impressed. I'd still pick it over most other brands, but it didn't make my lashes near as full as the basic hypnose. It also seemed to get a lot more clumpy.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by weirdhologurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very dry formula, and not a true intense black. Gave great volume, but even after 3 coats my lashes were barley any longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by pensativa

Worst mascara ever! I received this as a deluxe sample through Sephora, and boy, am I ever glad I did not pay full price for this!

CONS: Runny, streaks easily, causes one to lose one's curl, clumpy, smells funny, horrible wand, the list goes on and on. Oh, did I mention it's $29 for a tube? Totally not worth it.

PROS: It does lengthen lashes quite a bit, but with all the smudging and clumping, it ruins the look otherwise.

Ophthalmologists say that one should swap out for a new mascara every 3 months. At this rate, you're much better off buying a superior, cheaper drugstore mascara that you won't feel guilty about using and discarding in three months. Don't waste your money, this addition to the Hypnose line falls flat on it's face. I'm not even keeping the sample, I think it's that bad!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by xkudax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the wand of this mascara. It makes it very easy to reach all the lashes. The colour I got i was told by the MUA that it was a limited edition...forgive me if I'm wrong, 11. It wears well, doesn't run, doesn't give me panda eyes. I would buy it again but I will go for the darker shade so that my eyes will pop a little bit more.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Maceydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a Lancome user and cant express how much I love Lancome hypnose star mascara but this stuff SUCKS!! I was soo excited to try it and I was so dissapointed, its so dry and it does close to nothing for my eyelashes, sucks but now I know!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Oui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

About Me:
-Wide Asian Eyes
-Average Thin Straight Lashes
-Normal Occasionally Dry Lids
The Product
Pros:
-Curls My Asian Lashes For Half A Day (to be fair, I don't use a lash curler)
-Doesn't Smudge (unless you squeeze your eyes really tightly)
-The Only Mascara That Looks Good On My Type Of Lashes
-No Clumping (I go up to 4 coats during the day)
-No Flakes
-No Raccoon Eyes Ever After 5 Hours of Intense Workouts
Cons:
-Doesn't Come In WaterProof (I really would like to swim in this)
Verdict:
Will be my third bottle. :)