October 25, 2014 | 1690 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer Collection (Sheer, Pearl, Champagne).

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

Love this I find it to be the same quality if not better then UDPP. It's $1 so you can't even complain even if it was a bad product. It definitely last all day. I love the packaging it's so sleek. It's a must have

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I have used UDPP for the past couple of years and I loved it, but we are having an ugly breakup of the "you cost too much and your packaging dries out your wonderful product" variety. I've had both the wand and the pro tube packaging, only to lose over half of the product to the packaging. So - I had a cheap tawdry affair with this little $1 E.L.F. product from Target. And you know what? I'm in love again! This primer definitely is thinner and has more slip than UDPP, so it takes a minute or so to dry, but once it has set, it works great - colors pop and don't crease all day. And did I mention that this product is one dollar? Honestly, if part of the tube dries up, I can go buy 17 more of them before I reach the cost of one wand of UDPP. Sometimes you've gotta love the one you're with, and with my current economic situation, I'm going with my cheap fling primer and dropping the pricey product. If you have a spare four quarters, give this a try.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jenanasaurusrex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product! I just have it in my skin tone and I find that it has the exact same effect and consistency as the Urban Decay Primer Potion, only sooo much cheaper! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say I am completely impressed with this primer! It does just what it promises. Got this at Target and was amazed at how well it held up during the day. Nude is the color that works best on me, the Pearl and Champagne colors have too much glitter in it for every day but it's perfect for evening. It lasted a good solid 6 hours on me and was very easy to apply and blend. The only thing preventing it from getting 5 lippies is that it dries a little bit chalky and you have to make sure you blend well, let it absorb and dry a few minutes before applying your shadows. Other than that it's perfect and for $3? You won't find a better quality product for your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by glowgirl123

I love the e.l.f eyeshadow primers, i think they are great quality, just as good as any high end primer, the prices are amazing, i use these primers, day to day.
definitely worth trying .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ended up swapping the champagne and pearl primer but kept the original one and it does an pretty decent job. It didn't do what UDPP did but it worked great for the price. I notice if I moisturize my eye area this still doesn't keep my shadow from creasing but if I don't moisturize I'd say it holds up for about 5 hours on me. UDPP never creased...but it's pricey so I'd say I didn't lose anything with buying this pack because it does it's job for the most part.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm giving this four lippies because the primers work really well. Today I used the ''pearl'' one under e.l.f.'s cream eyeshadow which usually creases in 20 minutes on its own and here I am eight hours later and the make-up looks fresh with absolutely no creasing.
But...I don't find the three colors to be that different, once they are blended they all look the same (which is almost transparent). I wanted to use them on their own but I guess that won't be possible. And I don't really like the texture, they are not creamy and thick but powdery (well, they turn to powder two seconds after they touch the skin). I also don't like the container, it's hard to get enough product on the applicator but I guess it's a common problem with this packaging - the same kind of tube is also used for e.l.f.'s lip glosses from the mineral line and there I also had the same problem (= having to dip in the wand four times to get a decent amount of product out). But still, for the value this product is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by graceannabelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG. I bought this recently just to tip my online shopping cart total over 30 (for the free shipping). I read a few of these reviews online and was wary nonetheless because e.l.f. tends to be hit and miss for me. But after a few uses it is my HG primer - a rare saying from my mouth as I have high standards when it comes to makeup!
I have tried and tested it with pretty much every eyeshadow I own and it has not failed me. It really pops the colour and even after my foundation, powder and concealer have faded it leaves my eyes going strong. I own a few eyeshadows that are gorgeous colours but that I don't wear because they crease after a few hours or fade but now I can wear them all with this primer.
I've bought UDPP in the past and would never buy it again because this is just as good (if not better) for a fraction of the price. Even better, you get three, for just 3.50! I'm very pale so I was hesitant to try the darker colour (nude) as I thought it may look silly under my brows but they're all perfectly wearable. I can even use the white primer as a highlighter!
Repurchase? DEFINITELY. For all you budget girls out there like me (I'm a student) this is a must have!! Even if you are willing to spend on expensive primers like Smashbox, UD and MAC I'd still recommend this one. I'm gonna buy 3 more!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by nsm10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this primer. It is liquid enough to spread all over eyelid and dries very quickly. Comes in three shades and with tan skin I use them according to eyeshadow shades. I can blend colors well. No creasing or fading even in Fl humidity! I also finish my look with elf mist and set. Make sure you are set on your colors... only con, if you decide to change your colors you will have to use remover and start from scratch. Have tried urban decay works well too and dries faster but is 5x the price. ELF definately worth the switch for $.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMFG!!! thank u elf thank u thank u thank u!! ur so good to me!! ive been elfs biggest fan & i kept tellin people their only getting better!! i ordered this online & now i want a thousand more!! ive been using the $1 eyelid primer & love it! i wanted to give these a few goes before i got on here to give a thorough review like all my reviews tend to be long but i try to cover all areas. This Primer collection comes with 3 different toned Eyelid Primers- so ill break down my review in different sections..
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- this is available in the new Beauty School section recently released from Elf which is a great collection i must say but wish they would sell this pack all the time, ive checked & sadly cant find it in there but dont fret- they have added all new shades to the essential line! WOOOOHOOO! & this was def a must try for me! so in the Primer collection, for 3 different primers, its $3 US$ which means you are paying $1 a primer!! if you cant buy the collection- you can also buy these seperately in the regular Elf Essential line in the Eye section under primers. bc thats how i bought my backups since i was afraid this collection set would sell out fast which it does.
PACKAGING- this comes in a hard plastic see through tube with a screw on top with doe foot applicator connected. its like a lipgloss container. if you have tried their regular sheer eyelid primer- same packaging. its slim, compact sleek yet simple. its not the prettiest but i like it bc i store my primers on a toothbrush hanger so theyre accessible & these slip right into there! i like the doe foot applicator & it dont have a slim top to it like UDPP which you have to cut to get alot of the product inside but once i cant get no more out (yeah ive gone through 2 of the reg primers, i then pull out the stopper so that my wand can get the rest out. im frugal so i want all i can get)
SHADE SELECTION- this comes with 3 gorgeous colors
Nude- this is your basic color where it is sheer & wont be seen on most skin types. its a nude color that disappears onto my eyelid area & covers any discoloration or veining. & can be used with any eyeshadow
Champagne- my favorite!! its a slight shimmery champagne taupe color. i love this color so pretty on my lid even on its own. provides a sheer wash of the champagne taupe color so its great for most if not all shadows bc theyll show up on top- this is seriously one of my favorite primers ever!! i use it so much even alone but looks great with any shadows esp browns, grays and purples! holy crap! go get this now!
Pearl-this may be my least favorite only because it contains some glitter in it. this is a pearl white shade w/ opalescent glitters all through it. the glitters def show up on your lids and dont blend away but ive found that they end up on ur cheek area which is why i dont like it too much. ive found it looks great in the inner corner & highlights that area well. the glitters do tend to wear away as the time goes by but ive tried it under shimmery shadows & it looks pretty good. i like matte shadows on top but some of the glitter shows through bc they are bigger chunks. i wouldnt mind it so much if it was more of a shimmer bc it be great but its more like glitter so im not sure i def need to play around with this primer a bit more to see how i like it or can make it work bc i dont give up on things easily- i like to make them work somehow

Ok.. so primers are meant for a few things-
to help prevent creasing of your shadows- which these def help with that. they dry to more of a powder finish so they make a barrier against the oils on your lid to ur powders. so they work to prevent creasing
they are also meant to help with longevity- which these do help make my cheaper shadows stay put all day (my makeup day means 8 or so hours bc i dont want my makeup on all day i start to feel gross) so until i take my makeup off, these primers help my shadows stay put
a primer also helps with vibrancy- which these also help shadows that arent so pigmented look alot better. the diff shades also allows for many different looks with the same shadow as well as the finish to say a matte or shimmer shadow. they all do something different but all work to do just these jobs. The formula is the same as their regular eyelid primer but for those who havent tried the $1 eyelid primer- the formula is not too runny, thicker but not too thick that its clumpy or wont blend out. you got a few moments to get it properly blended all over. will dry within a minute at most to provide a sheer layer for it to start doing its job. i personally love the formula on these. better than some thats more thicker & creamy that provide a thicker layer but also not too thin like a watery lotion. its the perfect consistency that i look for. prob a bit more thicker than say UDPP- almost a whipped mousse if i could describe it closer- its hard. just try it :)

So all in all, im so stinking glad Elf came out with 3 new shades in their $1 eyelid primer collection. now we have an opportunity to play around w/ different eye primer finishes. they have made me not want the UD eden or the sin bc these are along the same lines. and for $1!!! wow! im so glad they came out with these bc they are fun and practical and i love em sooo much! ill def update once ive ran some quality test as well as playing around with them under my shadows!
*update- this trio set may not be available but i will review each one individually since im totally head over heels in love with these primers. HG primer! never want to be without!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No