April 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by vale6295

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my search for a cheap mascara in target i found this one which was 1.79. What i really like about this mascara is that it really lengthens the eyelashes, separates them, and makes them noticeably darker. to put the mascara i put the brush in the root of my eyelash and wiggle the brush all throughout my eyelashes. this helps to separate the lashes. i definitely noticed that my lashes were longer and other people noticed to and its also really easy to take off. will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well that saying is true. You really do get what you pay for. This didn't do nothing for my lashes. I mean it made my bottom lashes look very well defined but it did nothing to boost the length of my upper lashes. I should've bought Rimmel's Sexy Curves instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by gigglymonkiez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe made my lashes blacker...but every mascara does that. This mascara reminds me of the Maybelline Great Lash mascara from decades ago (which I hate mainly because it did nothing for me despite the hype). I would not buy this product ever again, even though this has got to be the cheapest mascara in the store. Yet, I can think of many other ways to spend the $2. I think the Rimmel Extra Super Lash is around the same price but SOOO much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just didn't do anything for my lashes, had to keep combing through get any length and then it wasnt much. Zero volume which I really didnt expect much volume since this is just a lengthing formula but something would have been nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

didnt do anything for my short, sparse asian lashes...looks as if it just gave it a tint....didnt hold a curl....thank goodness it was dirt cheap

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by InfinityGuitars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sky Rise is excellent. I get compliments whenever I wear it because it makes my eyelashes look long & false (in a good way)! I was not expecting this mascara to be as nice as it is; however, if you apply more than a coat or two or if you use it with another mascara, it'll get clumpy. The black & pinky-gold packaging is cute & sleek-looking. The wand & brush are pretty slim & they worried at first, but they work well. The only complaint or con I have with it is that because the formula is thin, it does get a little messy & I have to wipe off excess each time I put the wand back in. In any case, for the little money you'll spend you'll get an awesome mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by fihe

pretty good mascara! I thought I'd try the cheapest mascara at CVS at only $1.99 (though I got it for 99 after the BOGO) to see if was any good, and sure enough, it is! it doesn't really give much volume, but since it's marketed as just a lengthening mascara, I can't complain. and it sure lengthens! NYC Sky Rise mascara gives me long Kim Kardashian lashes (I'm not a fan of her but she has great eyelashes, lol). the only reason I took off a lippie is because the mascara tends to gather at the top of the tube and needs to be wiped off each time I use it before putting the wand back in, or else it'll spill out and make a mess. but for the low price and good performance, I hardly mind.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when looking for Instant lash by NYC and it was out of stock. I thought, hey, same company! The formula can't be all THAT different, right? Wrong. This stuff flakes off everywhere on me, and I get raccoon eyes by lunch time. I'm in the medical field, I'm running around all day, and I'm expected to look like I've got everything under control. This mascara doesn't do that for me. While it does look very natural, and the price is certainly right, I won't be repurchasing. I'll wait until Instant Lash is back in stock.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

i got this mascara a couple of days ago on a whim because it doesnt hurt to have a couple of opened mascaras at the same time. this mascara is extremely natural, its lengthening and it could get a little clumpy when you put on a couple more coats of it. it doesnt give my lashes the spidery look, gives them a little bit of volume but i would say after two coats of it, it gives quite a bit of length! i wouldnt repurchase it because its not outstanding but i do recommend it if you want to try it! it barely flakes or smudges. and its usually on sale at walmart for 5 dollars with city curls mascara, great if you just want a natural look but nothing dramatic!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This is such an upgrade from NYC's former lengthening mascara in the little grey tube. The old formula smudged and flaked, but this one doesn't. While this isn't 'Sky Rise', it still defines my lashes and darken them. I really like the brush. Its a good size to apply mascara. However it really isn't a lengthening mascara, despite the claims. It just does a very basic cheap mascara would do. My lashes aren't the shortest of short, but they only appear 3/4 of their actual length because I have single eyelids, and my lashes rolls in a bit. This mascara helps to bring them back out, with minimal clumping. This mascara would also be perfect for those who already have nice lashes, and just want to enhance them without looking dramatic or too long. However, I still find this to smudge a bit, or else I would have gave this mascara a 3. The price is amazing though!:). So overall, not bad.