Essie Muchi Muchi

2.6

on 5/14/2012 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I was surprised how bad the reviews were for this polish! :( I bought this along with A Crewed Interest and they're my first two Essie polishes. Now, let me tell you how and why this may have worked for me!
I got this at target, perhaps they have a fresher stock than drugstores? Everytime I go into CVS the polishes look separated and untouched for years. Ew! Not sure if it makes a difference. Was $7.50 ish.
I can't paint my nails to save my life. And my natural nails arent cute. So, I have short acrylics. I went to my salon and had them do my nails and paint them with this. Took two coats, and it didn't seem goopy at all to me, she didn't have any issues? I think it applies better to the acrylic than to natural nails maybe?
She put on a topcoat, dried in a while and I've been adoring my nails ever since. They're beautiful! I love the soft lilac essence in the pink. No streaks, looks perfect.
So! Maybe apply a ridge filler before using this?
I wish everyone else got to love this the way I do. What a shame! But if you're liking the color and have acrylic nails like me, I'd say get it.
I love it!

on 5/9/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It is an ok color, definitely not the pink I was expecting. It is very streaky, and takes about 3-4 coats to get the color pay off. It takes a long time to dry, even when you think it's dry, if you scratch your head or something it will smudge. I swear it took two days for this to completely dry. However, it does give your nails a nice classic finish, and with a pink glitter accent nail it looks really good. I will not buy this again.

on 2/21/2012 2:35:00 PM

I really liked the pastel pink color in the bottle, but at full opacity on your nails it has a purple undertone that isn't evident at all from looking at the bottle. The first coat is incredibly streaky. :P By the second and third coat it evened out. The formula isn't unworkable but there certainly is a lot of room for improvement. Still, I love the color and it would probably look great on tanned skinned girls. In the end, though, I'd probably pass it up for a similar pink that isn't so problematic to apply.

on 2/6/2012 8:57:00 AM

1-word: Garbage

on 11/26/2011 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is basically another ballet slippers.. pretty colour, horrible application.

sucks.
i thought this was the new gucci muchi puchi when i bought it-it is not.
streaky, uneven, not the same beautiful shell-pink...save your money.

on 11/16/2011 12:03:00 AM

This nail polish was $12.00!! ARGHH!!! I could not believe how streaky this turned out and I know how to apply polish. There has to be something wrong with the formulation on this one. It's unworkable. Looks like a great shade in the bottle, just not on your nails. Do not purchase !!!

on 10/18/2011 7:16:00 PM

It's a pretty color. The formula is just very inconsistent. Sometimes it comes out goopy, and sometimes it's so opaque. It varied with each nail how many coats I used.
Pretty disappointed in all honesty, I usually love Essie.

on 10/2/2011 2:36:00 PM

TERRIBLE! I have Sally Girl polishes that are better quality than this polish. Color is pretty, but the polish is so goopy and streaky that there is no way to justify using it. This is my first Essie polish and I am very disappointed.

on 8/21/2011 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Its a beautiful jelly-like light pink polish...in the bottle. Its soo streaky and goopy that it takes forever to apply it nicely on your nails. Its not worth the hassle to me.

Popular Polishes