September 21, 2014 | 2040 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - New Instant Age Rewind Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by bpatsches

Thought it was going to do wonders, but was thin and creased easily under my eye. Yuck! Yuck!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard some good things about the concealer, so I decided to give it a shot, despite my reservations about the packaging... I have deep, dark circles. Not only is my undereye area somewhat sunken in, I look like I have 2 black eyes at all times. Sleep, diet and products don't help whatsoever. I have pictures of myself as a toddler with these circles; it's always been a problem. So basically, I don't expect any product to completely cover them. This product does do a decent job reflecting light away from my eyes, though it doesn't mask the bluish color of my circles. I have to layer this over heavier, more camouflaging concealers to get the effect I need.

It's not really moisturizing, but it's not drying either. It sinks in quickly and doesn't smudge my mascara when I blink, so that's another plus. As for the color, I bought it in Fair, which is a bit too light for me, but still wearable (I'm about NC20 now). Like most people, I'd rather have a concealer be a shade too light than too dark.

The only con, and it is a HUGE con, is the packaging. You turn the bottle to click and it dispenses some product into the round sponge tip. Makeup sponges are notoriously dirty and germy. I've used this about 10 times and tube is still totally full of product... but the sponge is already DISGUSTING. Also, the sponge is glued into the applicator, but it started tearing off. So I will be applying this and the sponge pops off and I scratch my eye with the plastic underneath. Maybelline really needs to put this in squeeze tube, or at least a regular tube with a doe-foot applicator. The product is decent, but the packaging is so gross. I probably will not rebuy for that reason.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I don't really need anymore concealer, but considering all of the amazing things I have heard about this product, I had to go out buy it and try it. Wowow I'm
Glad I did. I bought the brightener and used it as a concealer as I have very light pink skin, the fair looked too tan for me. The color, perfect, it's the only concealer that is actually 1-2 shades lighter than my NW20 skin, which is hard to find. The consistency, O-M-G, it's so smooth, it glides along my skin so easily, and its silky, so it doesn't leave that cakey look, nor does it settle into fine lines and creases. I first used this without a setting powder to test the longevity and creasing of the product. It didn't crease, it lasted, and it didn't ruin my mascara, which most concealers do without setting powder. It left me looking wide awake, it was thin n creamy, n lasted the whole day without setting. I def give this a big thumbs up. I don't really love the sponge applicator, but it's worth the crappy packaging for an amazing product. I love love love this. It's light enough for young skin, and light enough for older skin so it doesn't settle into creases. I highly recommend to everyone

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i use the Brightener which is a pink-toned concealer/brightener. it works great on my undereye circles and i blend it out over my cheeks to give my face a nice glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by geraldin13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this cover all the blemishes and dark circle that i have and last all day without re-touch. The sponge is very soft. i love that it can use as a highlighter to diferent parts of your face like nose, under eyes and my cheeks.its a little bit expensive for a drugstore concealer like $7.99

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this concealer. I have the neutralizer and the brightener shades. Neutralizer is best for concealing redness around my nose (rosacea). It can pull a bit too yellow if I use a lot on my dark circles. Brightener is great all over eyelids when really sleep deprived, and dark circles when I am super pale in winter, but it is really light and really pink, so sparing application is best. Used together, they are perfect for dark circles. Next time they have B1G1 somewhere I am going to try an another shade, since using 2 concealers is time intensive for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Neutralizer and Highlighter shades of this product. I was a bit skeptical as drugstore items do not have testers. But I figured for $6 each, was worth a try. I wanted an under eye product to deal with just some light circles and odd shadowing. I absolutely love these! The Maybelline Neutralizer worked amazingly well. I then used a $5 Rimmel concealer (love that-see my review on that product) and then the Maybelline Highlighter. Perfect under eye! I will say however I wish they had just done a squeeze tube-the spongey applicator is just weird. I spread the products with a small concealer brush. I am impressed! For reference I am NW25. What folks need to realize is a skin tone concealer alone will not eliminate darkness. You need to correct the coloring first (with the peachy-ish Neutralizer), then bring it back to skin tone with concealer. Finally, the Highlighter (pinkish shade) "lightens" the area to minimize dark shadows. The Highlighter can also be used elsewhere on the face (ie cupid's bow). Just be careful with the Highlighter-a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by hustlababy09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer. In my opinion it's one of the best drug store concealers available. It doesn't clump up, it's easy to blend, and SO easy to apply. I do one swipe under each eye and then dot my problem areas (if I have a pimple), blend it gently, and it's completely covered. It is a full coverage concealer without looking too heavy, and it's buildable. It will last me all day without having to reapply, which is another reason I love it. I really like the twist applicator, it makes it very easy to apply and less messy. This is one of my favorite drug store products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For ref I'm NC42 and I have 3 shades of this, Neutralizer, Medium, and Honey--Neutralizer is very yellow but way too light, Honey is darker than medium but way too pink for my warm tone, Medium is pretty light but I love the brightening effect it us ( it's good if you're trying to achieve that KK concealer look). I love the packaging, it's so soft and doesn't tug on my already wrinkling skin there. It seems that it's very thin but it actually medium to heavy coverage, but the light consistency is good for the under eye. This is my everyday concealer, it's not HG only because it cakes without powder on top. I use my Ben Nye translucent powder on top and it literally last almost 24hrs!!! my HG is still my MAC pro longwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Hwa

This is a great concealer. I am NC25 and use the shade Neutralizer. The key to apply this is using the finger instead of a brush. Natural smooth coverage that lasts all day. I am glad I didn't spend $30 for a Shiseido concealer.