L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Gloss

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love these glosses. I currently only own 2, but I use them quite often. I have "Nude Illusion" and "Golden Splash". Nude Illusion is a very light, shimmery and glittery (but fine glitter, not big chunks) golden beige. Golden Splash, my favorite, is a bright peachy coral with gold shimmer. They both smell and taste of sweet vanilla, but it's not over-powering. Both are smooth and non sticky. They last for quite some time, I would say around 3-4 hours.

I love this lip gloss! Bought it in Naturally Nude, which is the clear one, because I wanted something to wear over lipsticks. This is the perfect pick! It is completely clear with no shimmer/glitter, lasts a long time, is not super sticky, and the best part is that it smells soooo good. It smells just like Aquolina Pink Sugar perfume. I also like the fact that it is in a squeeze tube because it makes it easier to apply. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I own this now in 3 colors. Pink Amethyst, Really Rose, and Raspberry splash. Really Rose is the one I got first, its probably like my lips but better, very classy and looks great for work, a rose/mauve color without sparkle. I absolutely love it. I just bought Pink Amethyst which looks so pretty in the tube and I was hoping it would look just as good on, and it does. Its brighter, but its a great color/pink that is nice if you want a subtle pop of color without being too over powering. Raspberry splash is like a darker bright berry which if applied sparingly looks nice. It's probably my least fav as I don't reach for it too often. Anyways, I am not a lipgloss person, in fact I hate the feeling of it on my lips but I don't mind these at all and I keep going back to them. I guess they are like a grown up version of lip gloss. They arent sticky at all which is what I like about it.

The packaging does suck though, I like the tube but all the writing scrapes off so fast so I forget the names of the colors!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

i was unimpressed with this gloss. for me it's too watery. i like thicker more moisturizing glosses, and i feel like i need to reapply this every 10 minutes. the packaging and taste of the gloss are very good, i bought watermelon crush and it's got a cotton candy type scent/flavor. will not repurchase

I had been thinking about getting this gloss ever since it first came out. Finally I decided to get it in two colors, Violet attitude and raspberry splash.

As another reviewer noted the gold writing on the packaging scratches off really fast which is disappointing because I don't like my makeup to look tatty especially after I've had it for less than a week. sigh.

Anyways the gloss itself is really great. I tried a few of the colors in the store and they range from almost totally clear (watermelon crush), to almost lipstick like, the two I got are really good medium transparency so you can do just a light application for a little bit of color or you can apply it more thickly for a more obvious glossy lip.

The gloss has kind of a vanilla/cake batter fragrance to it. It has a great creamy feel on your lips and is not sticky, it feels reasonably moisturizing compared to other lip glosses I have had.

Definitely recommend although its too bad about the packaging looking so old so fast.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been eyeing these glosses for a while, and decided to pick one up when my local walmart had them on sale. I got "Really Rose." I don't really gravitate towards sparkly glosses so this one was perfect. The smell is pleasant, and the packaging is quite nice. I always kind of see L'Oreal as the more high end looking of the DS brands. The color is nice, not too sheer not to opaque. Not sticky at all. I paid under 6$ for it also. A++

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think I have this in Really Rose. I can't tell because the writing gets rubbed off really easily.

However, I really love the color of this gloss -- I call it "my-lips-but-better". The color seems natural and goes well with my NC30 skintone. The smell/taste can only be described as marshmallows or chocolate. Yummy, but I can see some people being turned off by the sweet flavour.

It lasted me quite a while before it ran out. I want to say about 6 months? And I used this everyday, needing to reapply after everytime I ate. It's a bit sticky and didn't provide me the best moisturization, which is my biggest gripe about this gloss. Don't get me wrong, there are worse ones out there but if this gave me Vaseline-moisturization-levels this would be 5 lippies for sure. During the end of the lip glosses' life it did become quite difficult to squeeze it out when it is obvious there is so much left! But no big deal.

Overall, I pretty much love this gloss -- the shade is a definite HG which is what will bring me back to it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am actually really liking this lip gloss. I got it for free with my Ulta rewards and I am pleasantly surprised. I like it more than I thought I would. I bought it in peach fuzz, which in the tube looks like a scary coral-orange. But, I always expect lip gloss to wear much more sheer than they are in the tube. It wears to a nice coral color, though it's not too sheer. It lets your natural lip color peek through, and the gloss enhances it. It looks very nice, it has a nice shine and a nice constancy that actually adheres to the lips, it doesn't slide off like some do. Also, there is no describable taste or smell. I like the packaging too, for some reason I like lip gloss in a tube, it feels easier to me. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Despite the colors I have being somewhat deceiving (as in they go on the lips different from what they appear in the tube), these glosses are starting to grow on me. I chose the 2 darkest shades, Plum Rush & Mystic Mauve, as I like deep, sheer, berry-toned lipglosses. This is a nice gloss formula, moisturizing, non-sticky, with a pleasant vanilla-caramel scent & taste. I’d compare the formula to the HIP Jelly Balms (total HG lip product), only thinner & packaged in a squeeze tube. Lasting power is decent, about 1-2 hours. Its slightly glossy, not super shiny, and seems to sink into my lips so its not drying as it wears off. You also get a generous amount (.40 oz) for the price, and the tube is slim & attractive.

My only complaint, really, is the actual shades. Plum Rush appears to be a deep, warm-ish plum in the tube, but it goes on my lips a much cooler, brighter, hot pink. Its pretty, but not really what I was expecting, as I’d much prefer it to be deeper. Mystic Mauve is not mauve at all (neither in the tube nor on my lips). It appears to be a deep, creamy, brick-ish red. It goes on my lips a sheer, reddish-berry (similar to Clinique Black Honey in a gloss form). Its pretty & flattering, but I don’t get any mauve tones, at all.

Bottom line, I do like these & would repurchase again, should I ever have the need, even if the shades weren’t quite what I expected. I probably won’t try any other shades from this line, as the others seem to be lighter, shimmery shades which I’m not really into. I like the formula & packaging of these glosses (though I still prefer my beloved, but discontinued HIP Jelly Balms).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have two. One was ghalf off on a very (crucial important) sale in Walmart, so I got the colors in this exact lipgloss violet attitude, I put over my revlon liquid lipstick, and I baught the ravishing red, it comes out on your lips with great color. Your lips have a great high shine with this lipgloss. I am happy with these. And plus the tube lasts like forever and I'm happy with these lipglosses with that great deal. You really know that............

Recommended for Medium Skin