Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

4.2

Taken from U.S. National Library of Medicine (dailymed.nlm.nih.gov) Active ingredients: Octinoxate 5% Titanium Dioxide 1.6% Inactive ingredients: aqua (water), cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, alcohol denat, nylon 6/12, glycerin, cyclohexsiloxane, zinc oxide, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium sulfate, PEG PPG 19/19 dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4- isostearate, propylene carbonate,lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate cross polymer, salicylic acid, aluminum hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, lens esculenta fruit extract, stearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, potassium hydroxide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl glucoside, tetrasodium edta, isopropyl palmitate, methylparaben, lecithin, ethylparaben, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, dimethoxyl chromanol, ethylhexylglycerin, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, BHT, tocopherol, may contain CI 77891 (titanium dioxide).

on 12/10/2013 4:39:00 PM

Been wearing this for over a year now absolutely loved it to start off with, great coverage and does last a long time especially with a primer beneath. However I've really started to go off it with it being the winter as I've noticed when the end of my nose gets dry it all slides off and you can see that I have a big red shiny nose! I've also noticed that this also can give my skin a bit of a glow which I like but I'm not sure if other people would since it's supposed to be a matte foundation

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This product is on it's way to being my HG foundation! I have used it for over a month and so far I am loving it! I am combo, leaning more on the oily side, and sensitive/acne-prone. This has not caused any breakouts and really keeps me matte a fewer hours longer than any other foundation that I have previously tried. I would say it's medium to full coverage and can become a bit cake-y if I use too much. (I get a beautiful satin/matte finish with my beauty blender or an even more natural finish with my real techniques stippling brush).
I initially bought the color Deeply Beige and it was a good color match at the time but then my tan went away and I now have to mix Cool Beige with Deeply Beige to get the perfect color. There are only about 6? colors in the line so that's kind of a bummer but for $14.99 it's not too bad compared to other High End foundations I've tried before that are upwards of $30 or more. I highly recommend this product especially if you are combo/oily!

on 11/19/2013 5:56:00 PM

I really liked the matte finish of this foundation, however the color selection is terrible and I would most likely have to buy two different shades to make it work (which would be about $30). It is difficult to apply and can cake if you use too much. I liked the full coverage and how light it felt on my face, if I could find a better color match for my skin I would probably repurchase. The one time I used it the color I had was way too dark (and the next one down was too light) so I ended up taking it off halfway through the day so I'm not sure how long it lasts with oil control.

on 11/17/2013 12:59:00 PM

I *love* the full, flawless, velvety coverage given by this foundation. However, I still find that I develop slight shine on my T-Zone within a few hours so it isn't perfect in that respect but still very good. Also, I was colour matched for the palest shade 'Calico' which made me look like a ghost. I therefore bought it in 'Beige' as well and mix the two on my hand and then apply. Gives me a much warmer, truer match I think.

on 11/13/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've read so many comments saying this product is 'okay'. Personally, I think it's amazing! I've tried so so so many different foundations, including MAC, Benefit, YSL and all of the drug store brands like Rimmel, Maybelline etc. However my friend told me to buy this a few months ago, and it's the best decision I've ever made. My skin is oily, spot prone and I have dozens of acne scars. People have been saying the liquid itself is too thick, well it's lovely, it feels like velvet, and the smell isn't off putting at all! It helps my oily skin and doesn't bring me out I'm spots, and best of all it hides most of my acne scars! It's definitely one foundation that I will carry on purchasing!

on 11/11/2013 6:51:00 AM

I bought this foundation last week as I was on the hunt for a good drugstore full coverage foundation . At first I was a bit skeptical as it is a matte foundation and I have a few dry patches but when the woman tried it in the shop it looked lovely on my skin which was surprising. The colour match is perfect which made me want it even more. I've been using it everyday now and I really am liking it. I use it with a beauty blender and it gives a lovely coverage and covers all of my redness, scarring and spots. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because it can be a little hard to blend and you have to do it pretty much straight away or it won't work out. Other than that great foundation !

on 11/5/2013 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I initially started to use this foundation as my skin became very 'acne-prone', something my skin has never experienced! So because of the salicylic acid I went for this foundation to try and tame the acne - The acne was only on my chin and so far (touch wood) this is has cleared with the help of tablets prescribed from the doctors (antibiotics tetracycline) and epiduo cream.

When I first started to use this foundation, I thought it worked wonders in covering and not aggravating my spots - my spots at one point became VERY sore and this foundation never once aggravated that.

However, the foundation is pretty thick/cakey and would enhance my fine lines i.e. my laugh lines and it also sunk into to the vey fine lines around my face, and lines I never even thought I had!!! - Bear in mind I'm only 21 and don't have 'deep' wrinkles.

I would recommend this to someone who is struggling with spots, and wants a foundation that will not aggravate them but just be cautious that this foundation will sink into your fines lines!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a very thick, heavy coverage foundation which is okay because I have acne scarring and need a lot of coverage, however it may be TOO thick. I found you have to use quit a bit of product to get enough for your whole face. It's consistency makes it difficult to blend, and if you don't blend right away then it dries almost like a clay and is impossible to blend afterword. It also tends to looks splotchy over dry areas but maybe if you have oily skin (I don't, mine is on the dry side) then it would work better for you. PROS: thick coverage, lasts all day, no need for setting powder, doesn't feel too heavy, hides redness CONS: too thick, blending is VERY difficult, time consuming application, sticks on dry spots, can give that "too much makeup" look. Overall this foundation is not bad and I will use it for nights out or special occasions but definitely not an everyday foundation. Best for oily/combination skin

on 10/19/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A nice foundation that definitely gives a matte finish, in fact it's almost like a powdery effect. I like this product however I feel as though it doesn't go very far in terms of application. I felt like in order to cover one cheek I had to use a fair amount unlike the brands Stay Perfect foundation.
I wouldn't use this product if you have dry skin but would be great for those who suffer from oily zones. I liked the idea tht the pump pushes up the bottle and you can see how much you have left. :)

on 10/13/2013 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Just came back from a European holiday and bought a few makeup items and this is one of them. I heard about them before but since Australia does not stock the brand I have never had a chance to try it, so when i went to London I made sure to visit a boots store (they are everywhere!) and the consultant match my skin with a little machine and since I was after a matte foundation, beautifully matte that is!
I cannot even start to say how much I love this foundation, granted this is matte, very matte, so dry skin ladies please go look for something else because you will hate it. I on the other have combination skin, my t zone can get very oily and my cheeks are dry. I still love bourjois' healthy mix foundation but usually it does melt off after long day at work. I do not need to powder with this boots foundation during the day and my face looks pretty much the same as I left the house in the morning.
But yes, this foundation hangs onto dry patches, so with my cheeks I just need to make sure I hydrate them very well the night before and then its fine when the foundation goes on.
It is a med-full coverage foundation but I do not find this buildable in the sense if you want this to be a full coverage. Once you start to pile this on, it cakes and doesnt look nice. I usually use one pump, spread it out using my fingers or beauty blender and if i really need to then maybe another half a pump on the area I want a little more coverage, but I think thats the limit to the foundation. I tried once to see what happen if I put another pump through, it starts to cake in patches and doesnt look nice anymore... so I wouldnt recommend that.
I also finish off using their translucent powder (which also love) and my face would stay like that the whole day. For the price I really cannot complain.
For your reference, I use warm ivory in this, 52 in healthy mix, and NC20 in pro long wear