October 26, 2014 | 1187 users online

Foundations - Boots - No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by beiler24

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am always on the hunt for a foundation that will stay put on my oily skin in the summer. I purchased this foundation at Target for $13. Upon application (I use a foundation brush) this foundation gives a lightweight, matte finish and covers small blemishes well. The only area I have to apply concealer to is the sunspot on the bridge of my nose, but even then I only need a small additional amount of coverage for that area. I love the finish this foundation gives...matte without looking dry or emphasizing my fine lines. Throughout the day (as I am in and out of the humidity and heat we have here) I find that my oil does break through, but I don't "shine" and my foundation does not slide off my face. There is not a single foundation to date that I have found that truly controls my oil; it always breaks through, but I can blot this foundation with oil absorbent papers and my face still looks nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation looks great when it's first applied but after maybe 3 hours, if that, my face is so shiney! It should be called beautifully dewy. It's certainly not matte, at least not for long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

In the UK this foundation is available in at least 20 shades and not just 6. I wasn't sure about my colour match originally as I was matched to Deeply Beige when I had a tan and was looking for a summer shade and it seemed far too light for my complexion then. However, it matches my non-summer NC25-30 complexion perfectly. The texture, ease of application (for a foundation aimed at oily skin), beautiful slightly satin finish as opposed to flat matte, medium to full coverage, lack of chemical-y fragrance and longevity make it a definite re-purchase for me. It's in the mid-to-upper price range at around 15 UK quid unless it's on offer and it's worth every penny as the finish is definitely high end. My other favourite is Revlon Colorstay (liquid and Whipped formulas) which I use more often, partly because it's cheaper. I apply the No7 with a brush and don't have to work fast to blend, unlike with the 'old' Colorstay formulation. It doesn't go shiny although I do have to use finishing powder and touch up once or twice during the day, which is standard for me. Due to my experience, I am not convinced the matching gadget is infallible; you still need to check the samples.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

Honest Review/Opinion Here

PROS:

-medium/full coverage
-doesn't have a strong scent
-pump bottle is awesome

CONS:

-doesn't last all day on my oily skin
-can be pore clogging
-not a lot of shades to choose from

Who might like it:

people with dry/normal skin

I've had this for 1 month and it's ok. It got me through the month and I still have half a bottle left. It looks good the first 3 hours then it starts to break down.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by vickymo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

quite disappointed...
i purchased it because of the good things I read about it here... Put it on and even for the first hour I was impressed, after that first hour was nothing like I thought it would be. my face started to "shine like a diamond" again, so I had to use powder in an hour time. i also bought from no 7 their "Beautifully matte make up base", which is nothing but beautifully..useless

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by 1stgirl2013

Super disappointed with this! After hearing such good things about it I went out and bought it. Put it on and it is nothing like I thought it would be. Has full coverage for about an hour then starts to rub away. Kinda has that dewy feel and by end of day was like I never put foundation on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by cmartin02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a full coverage foundation that could actually last the whole day. I used bare minerals for years but once moving to a drier climate I was forced to switch to a liquid foundation to avoid looking dry and cakey. I saw this had some great reviews on MUA and it isn't crazy expensive so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I chose the cool beige color though come winter I'd probably go to a lighter shade. I was surprised how well the color matched my skin tone and it truly gives FULL coverage. I usually put my foundation on around 7am and even at 10pm at night, it still looks great.

At first I thought that $14 for such a small bottle was too much but after my first day using it I realized a little goes a long way. I don't even use a full pump and have plenty to give me the coverage I want.

It really does give a great matte finish which was what I wanted as well. I was worried it would look cakey with my dry skin but it never does. Couldn't be happier to have found this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by clashern23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first review ever. I love this Foundation. I have such an oily face with acné and scars pores the whole enchilada. I have to blot my face within 30 mins no matter what I am wearing. But this Foundation stays on my face. And it looks good when the oil comes through. The real test will be this week. It will be in the 90's here and pretty soon it will be in the 100's. The summer is always a good test. I think I found me a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by samthemoose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this foundation! It goes on so silky smooth and is great with covering my acne scars. The first time I wore this I went out and came back with a very sweaty face and after blotting my make up was still perfectly intact! I have extremely oily skin and acne prone skin do I just want a foundation that covers well and lasts long.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ibeforee

I love this foundation. I am quite oily and acne prone and EVERY foundation just slides off my face in a matter of a few short hours and breaks me out. This foundation is great because the coverage is a high medium with first layer and can easily be made full. Controls shine wonderfully for me and seems to look better as time goes on. Also has not broken me out once. I love this stuff !