July 30, 2014 | 984 users online

Foundations - Boots - No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

Honest Review/Opinion Here

PROS:

-medium/full coverage
-doesn't have a strong scent
-pump bottle is awesome

CONS:

-doesn't last all day on my oily skin
-can be pore clogging
-not a lot of shades to choose from

Who might like it:

people with dry/normal skin

I've had this for 1 month and it's ok. It got me through the month and I still have half a bottle left. It looks good the first 3 hours then it starts to break down.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by vickymo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

quite disappointed...
i purchased it because of the good things I read about it here... Put it on and even for the first hour I was impressed, after that first hour was nothing like I thought it would be. my face started to "shine like a diamond" again, so I had to use powder in an hour time. i also bought from no 7 their "Beautifully matte make up base", which is nothing but beautifully..useless

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by 1stgirl2013

Super disappointed with this! After hearing such good things about it I went out and bought it. Put it on and it is nothing like I thought it would be. Has full coverage for about an hour then starts to rub away. Kinda has that dewy feel and by end of day was like I never put foundation on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by cmartin02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a full coverage foundation that could actually last the whole day. I used bare minerals for years but once moving to a drier climate I was forced to switch to a liquid foundation to avoid looking dry and cakey. I saw this had some great reviews on MUA and it isn't crazy expensive so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I chose the cool beige color though come winter I'd probably go to a lighter shade. I was surprised how well the color matched my skin tone and it truly gives FULL coverage. I usually put my foundation on around 7am and even at 10pm at night, it still looks great.

At first I thought that $14 for such a small bottle was too much but after my first day using it I realized a little goes a long way. I don't even use a full pump and have plenty to give me the coverage I want.

It really does give a great matte finish which was what I wanted as well. I was worried it would look cakey with my dry skin but it never does. Couldn't be happier to have found this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by clashern23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first review ever. I love this Foundation. I have such an oily face with acné and scars pores the whole enchilada. I have to blot my face within 30 mins no matter what I am wearing. But this Foundation stays on my face. And it looks good when the oil comes through. The real test will be this week. It will be in the 90's here and pretty soon it will be in the 100's. The summer is always a good test. I think I found me a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by samthemoose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this foundation! It goes on so silky smooth and is great with covering my acne scars. The first time I wore this I went out and came back with a very sweaty face and after blotting my make up was still perfectly intact! I have extremely oily skin and acne prone skin do I just want a foundation that covers well and lasts long.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ibeforee

I love this foundation. I am quite oily and acne prone and EVERY foundation just slides off my face in a matter of a few short hours and breaks me out. This foundation is great because the coverage is a high medium with first layer and can easily be made full. Controls shine wonderfully for me and seems to look better as time goes on. Also has not broken me out once. I love this stuff !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Mommyledesma

I absolutely love this foundation! I have always passed by there booths and never really payed attention to them, until today! I have tried literally all the drugstore foundations and I was looking for a new foundation and just happened to give this one a try.. It literally feels like its my holy grail foundation. It leaves your face matte and looking airbrushed ALL DAY! I am absolutely in love with this stuff and keep repurchasing. It controls the oil, and leaves your skin looking natural and perfect all day. I just can't get enough. 100% thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by zoeblink182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried every foundation by every brand. Rimmel to Estée Lauder and back again. I tried this around a year ago and really liked it but for some reason ditched it in search of something even better. Well, a year has passed and I'm back again. It makes you look flawless, without caking, dewy without looking oily and it has a good colour range too. I am very very pale so the lightest shade (Calico) is slightly darker than my skin tone but it's the lightest foundation I've tried so far. My skin is combination, a few spots and a few bits of dryness but overall no huge problems. However, even when my skin is drier/spottier than normal, this foundation always succeeds. And just when you think it can't get any better, it's costs £12.95, a bargain for me who has previously spent over £30 on one make up! If you're looking for your holy grail, get to a No 7 counter asap, you will not be disappointed with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc 25-30, warm yellow undertones, combo/oily skin

Picked this up from target for around $13. What caught my attention was that there were testers and this foundation said "matte", which I'm a sucker for because of my oily skin. Crappy thing is that there are limited shades, around 5? I purchased the 2nd darkest shade "deeply beige", which is perfect for my skintone!! It's yellow with no pink undertones. I love the packaging; narrow bottle with a pump! No nasty scent. I apply this with my damp beauty blender and set my tzone with maybelline dream matte powder. You hAve to blend quick because this product sets fast to a powdered finish. Stayed put without oxidizing. This is the type of foundation that looks better throughout the day. It's as if the formula melts in your skin. Def would repurchase, just wished that there were more shades incase I get lighter/darker.

Edit: (3/24/13)
On days where my skin is actually normal/combo, I like to mix my garnier oil free bb cream with this foundation for a semi matte finish. I got so many compliments while wearing this combo!! This foundation truly does have oil control properties. Def would repurchase.

Edit (7/19/13):
Had to change "yes" to "'no" if I were to repurchase. This foundation looks gorgeous on my skin but I think it maybe the culprit for my breakout :(