Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

4.2

Taken from U.S. National Library of Medicine (dailymed.nlm.nih.gov) Active ingredients: Octinoxate 5% Titanium Dioxide 1.6% Inactive ingredients: aqua (water), cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, alcohol denat, nylon 6/12, glycerin, cyclohexsiloxane, zinc oxide, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium sulfate, PEG PPG 19/19 dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4- isostearate, propylene carbonate,lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate cross polymer, salicylic acid, aluminum hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, lens esculenta fruit extract, stearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, potassium hydroxide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl glucoside, tetrasodium edta, isopropyl palmitate, methylparaben, lecithin, ethylparaben, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, dimethoxyl chromanol, ethylhexylglycerin, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, BHT, tocopherol, may contain CI 77891 (titanium dioxide).

I bought this foundation when I was in a need of new, good coverage foundation, that would stay on all day and not harm my very sensitive skin. And this foundation promises all day shine free look, soft even finish and 'cause it is hypo-allergenic, it should suit sensitive skin.

First of all, there where only four colors of this foundation, but I think that they didn't bring all the colors to Finland. So the color selection was little disappointing, 'cause I didn't found a shade that would match me perfectly. But luckily I got shade that was close enough.
Second, the price. I was very pleased with the price. I did pay 19.90 € for this, which isn't that bad for a foundation in Finland at least.
Third, the packaging. I like that this foundation has a pump, 'cause it makes everything easier and much more hygienic. And the pump is also easy to control, so you can get as much or as little product as you need and not waste foundation.

And then to a foundation itself. I would say that this foundation is medium coverage, but because it is buildable, you can easily get full coverage out of it. I usually apply two layers and it doesn't look too cakey or heavy after that.
This foundation is very easy to apply. It doesn't dry too fast, so you have time to work it in. It blends beautifully on to the skin with fingers, sponge or brush that I prefer to use. And most importantly it feels very smooth on your skin after application.
Finish of this foundation is very nice, not too matte, but not too shiny. It is very natural, makes your skin to look very healthy.
Staying power of this foundation is good. My skin is combination (it does get oily on the T-zone), so I do set this with powder and it does stay nice 8+ hours. Not maybe the 14 hours that it promises, but still very long time.
Also I was very happy to realize that this foundation doesn't break me out. My skin is very sensitive and most foundations sadly make my skin crazy, but this didn't do that.

So if you didn't realize, I do really love this foundation. I could really recommend this foundation to most of the people. This works with most skin types (maybe not with very very dry skin). Also if you are someone with very sensitive skin, you can rely on this foundation.

And then a little pros & cons to the end for a quick look, if you don't want to read the whole thing.

PROS
+ Good, buildable coverage
+ Smooth feeling on the skin
+ Easy to apply
+ Staying power is great
+ Good for sensitive, acne-prone skin. Doesn't break skin out.

CONS
- Color selection was little poor
- Packaging can be little difficult sometimes

on 12/10/2013 4:39:00 PM

Been wearing this for over a year now absolutely loved it to start off with, great coverage and does last a long time especially with a primer beneath. However I've really started to go off it with it being the winter as I've noticed when the end of my nose gets dry it all slides off and you can see that I have a big red shiny nose! I've also noticed that this also can give my skin a bit of a glow which I like but I'm not sure if other people would since it's supposed to be a matte foundation

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This product is on it's way to being my HG foundation! I have used it for over a month and so far I am loving it! I am combo, leaning more on the oily side, and sensitive/acne-prone. This has not caused any breakouts and really keeps me matte a fewer hours longer than any other foundation that I have previously tried. I would say it's medium to full coverage and can become a bit cake-y if I use too much. (I get a beautiful satin/matte finish with my beauty blender or an even more natural finish with my real techniques stippling brush).
I initially bought the color Deeply Beige and it was a good color match at the time but then my tan went away and I now have to mix Cool Beige with Deeply Beige to get the perfect color. There are only about 6? colors in the line so that's kind of a bummer but for $14.99 it's not too bad compared to other High End foundations I've tried before that are upwards of $30 or more. I highly recommend this product especially if you are combo/oily!

on 11/19/2013 5:56:00 PM

I really liked the matte finish of this foundation, however the color selection is terrible and I would most likely have to buy two different shades to make it work (which would be about $30). It is difficult to apply and can cake if you use too much. I liked the full coverage and how light it felt on my face, if I could find a better color match for my skin I would probably repurchase. The one time I used it the color I had was way too dark (and the next one down was too light) so I ended up taking it off halfway through the day so I'm not sure how long it lasts with oil control.

on 11/17/2013 12:59:00 PM

I *love* the full, flawless, velvety coverage given by this foundation. However, I still find that I develop slight shine on my T-Zone within a few hours so it isn't perfect in that respect but still very good. Also, I was colour matched for the palest shade 'Calico' which made me look like a ghost. I therefore bought it in 'Beige' as well and mix the two on my hand and then apply. Gives me a much warmer, truer match I think.

on 11/13/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've read so many comments saying this product is 'okay'. Personally, I think it's amazing! I've tried so so so many different foundations, including MAC, Benefit, YSL and all of the drug store brands like Rimmel, Maybelline etc. However my friend told me to buy this a few months ago, and it's the best decision I've ever made. My skin is oily, spot prone and I have dozens of acne scars. People have been saying the liquid itself is too thick, well it's lovely, it feels like velvet, and the smell isn't off putting at all! It helps my oily skin and doesn't bring me out I'm spots, and best of all it hides most of my acne scars! It's definitely one foundation that I will carry on purchasing!

on 11/11/2013 6:51:00 AM

I bought this foundation last week as I was on the hunt for a good drugstore full coverage foundation . At first I was a bit skeptical as it is a matte foundation and I have a few dry patches but when the woman tried it in the shop it looked lovely on my skin which was surprising. The colour match is perfect which made me want it even more. I've been using it everyday now and I really am liking it. I use it with a beauty blender and it gives a lovely coverage and covers all of my redness, scarring and spots. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because it can be a little hard to blend and you have to do it pretty much straight away or it won't work out. Other than that great foundation !

on 11/5/2013 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I initially started to use this foundation as my skin became very 'acne-prone', something my skin has never experienced! So because of the salicylic acid I went for this foundation to try and tame the acne - The acne was only on my chin and so far (touch wood) this is has cleared with the help of tablets prescribed from the doctors (antibiotics tetracycline) and epiduo cream.

When I first started to use this foundation, I thought it worked wonders in covering and not aggravating my spots - my spots at one point became VERY sore and this foundation never once aggravated that.

However, the foundation is pretty thick/cakey and would enhance my fine lines i.e. my laugh lines and it also sunk into to the vey fine lines around my face, and lines I never even thought I had!!! - Bear in mind I'm only 21 and don't have 'deep' wrinkles.

I would recommend this to someone who is struggling with spots, and wants a foundation that will not aggravate them but just be cautious that this foundation will sink into your fines lines!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a very thick, heavy coverage foundation which is okay because I have acne scarring and need a lot of coverage, however it may be TOO thick. I found you have to use quit a bit of product to get enough for your whole face. It's consistency makes it difficult to blend, and if you don't blend right away then it dries almost like a clay and is impossible to blend afterword. It also tends to looks splotchy over dry areas but maybe if you have oily skin (I don't, mine is on the dry side) then it would work better for you. PROS: thick coverage, lasts all day, no need for setting powder, doesn't feel too heavy, hides redness CONS: too thick, blending is VERY difficult, time consuming application, sticks on dry spots, can give that "too much makeup" look. Overall this foundation is not bad and I will use it for nights out or special occasions but definitely not an everyday foundation. Best for oily/combination skin

on 10/19/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A nice foundation that definitely gives a matte finish, in fact it's almost like a powdery effect. I like this product however I feel as though it doesn't go very far in terms of application. I felt like in order to cover one cheek I had to use a fair amount unlike the brands Stay Perfect foundation.
I wouldn't use this product if you have dry skin but would be great for those who suffer from oily zones. I liked the idea tht the pump pushes up the bottle and you can see how much you have left. :)