July 29, 2014 | 1032 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WHOA. What's with the hate on this product?

This is by far my HG 'high end' mascara, one of the most amazing beauty products I have ever purchased and I'm not even a fan of BeneFit? There are no complaints except it's so expensive for a fresh out of college girl like me. $25? Beauty comes with a price, ladies.

This stuff is unbelievable. I received a mini sample in my bday package last October and haven't looked back. I've purchased 2 tubes so far (so 1 lasts about half a year which is pretty good considering I go through mascara by the month). Makes my lashes thick. Doll like.

I usually like this mascara over CG's Voluminous mascara. I like to use a less expensive one first to separate out my lashes and then go in for the full effect with this one.

Listen to this. I have received constant, NEVER ending compliments from friends of mine who have amazing natural lashes. Literally, the 4 people in my life with THE most amazing, thick, luscious lashes who wear little to no makeup have gawked at my lashes, stared, even showed pangs of jealousy. To the point where they were prodding me about what I was using.

Hah. Some girls weren't blessed with things naturally. And this, my friends, is the silicone implant version for lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by grimauxiliatrix

My mother received this as a sample years ago and decided to give it to me. I'm so glad that she did because They're Real is one of my favourite mascaras! They give good volume and length and separation to my not so great lashes (they're kind of thick, short, don't have a natural curl) I love how the wand is shaped and how it's made of rubber. This mascara doesn't clump for me nor does it get flaky. Hooray for no spider lashes! As much as I love this, I do have one slightly major problem. It can be a real pain the butt to remove so be sure to have a good eye makeup remover handy. My sample ran out a while ago, so I bought the larger size one. It's pretty much the same as the sample formula to me. But I'm so glad to have the perfect mascara that works best for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by annisas99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm just at awe at the amount of hype this product gets. I got this as a gift and was initially very excited because of all the great reviews it had gotten. All I can say is meh. Doesn't do a great job. My lashes are average; not very thick and not long at all. I can get a better result from a cheap Maybelline mascara. It also clumps a lot. My tube of this stuff also dried up super quickly and I was left with even more dry clumpy lashes. It definitely isn't worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample from Sephora. My lashes curled nicely with one coat but clumped together with a second coat. Seemed to lose the curl within a few hours and looked even more clumped. Not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara because i heard it was the best mascara in the store. I was disappointed because it didn't hold the curl on my eyelashes. They became straight and it seemed like i had no mascara on. I probably didn't know how to use the brush. It was not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by zetsuboukatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't have many eyelashes, but Benefit succeed in creating such a hype around their products that my Mum bought one, a woman who would usually spend no more than 5 on mascara. She said she thought it was really good, but then said it was no better than any other mascaras she'd used. I got a mini of it in a set and everytime I try it, the formula is so wet that I get black smudges on my upper lids, and it will always clump on either the first coat or the second. Very overhyped...
If you usually use bristle brush or volumising mascaras, I would definitely recommend trying a plastic wand mascara from Maybelline first! I'm going to try the rocket to see if I get on any better with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by jess2133

I got a sample size of this mascara and I've used it a few times, but I won't be buying the full size. I have sparse straight asian lashes and I just find that this mascara clumps them up after like 3 swipes. I've tried wiping off the product, using a different wand etc but it still has the same affect. I also need to curl after application since it makes my lashes flop back down after I put it on. It would probably work better on someone with stronger lashes. The only good thing I can say about it is that it actually lasts better on my oily eyelids than some of my waterproof mascaras like maybelline falsies.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Josefinegr

This was a mascara i was so exited to buy because many people said it was the best mascara they ever bought and it's the most sold product on sephora. So I bought it at sephora for a very high price and I was so happy. I tried it and I got so mad because it was like any other mascara in the drugstore! I wanted to love this mascara but I couldn't. It was doing the job a mascara should do but it was nothing special about it. I like that the end of the brush cause it makes you get the lashes in the inner part of the eye. But I would not buy this again. I would rather stick to my maybelline New York the rocket mascara instead or my lumene blueberry curl insted. I don't think this product should be so hyped its like any other mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by piggygirl6487

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed the volumizing and lengthening aspect this mascara had to offer. When I have a party or a family dinner I will always use this, but day to day no. It's rough on my lashes and is a mother to remove at night, I always lose at least 2 lashes. The price for it is understandable since it's benefit. I will definitely use this wand for another tube of mascara once this one runs out (the mascara wand is the best part).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by KiddieLitre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara, personally.
It IS a little bit on the dry and flaky side, but I have oily lids so that's actually alright for me. It's definitely long wear! This stuff will NOT come off, unless you take it off!

Some people (like me) have the bad habit of rolling their mascara off their lashes. DON'T do that with this one. You'll lose all your lashes that way. LOL (I learned the hard way)

Using an oil-based remover it comes off just fine though. I use LUSH's Ultrabland, but Lumene works as well, it's $6 from Ulta if you don't want a LUSH price tag. : p

Don't sleep with this stuff on, either. It'll dry your eyes out and make them itch, especially if you have allergies like me!

All in all, maybe it's not an HG mascara, but definitely the best one I've tried so far! :) Looks Great! Lots of drama and flare. Definitely lengthens, volumizes, darkens, does everything it says.

5/5 Lippies! : )