August 21, 2014 | 1141 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very, very sensitive eyes. I've recently had A LOT of bad reactions to various different types of mascaras. I've only tried this once, so this may be a bit premature, however, I haven't noticed any irritation. I received a sample size at sephora and was obviously very excited about it because everyone has been raving about it on social media. But, when I can home and applied it, it was a spectacularly average product. I'm not particularly fond of silicone/plastic brushes because on my lashes personally, they don't really add much volume at all. My lashes kind of all chunked up together, making it look like I just had 5 really thick lashes. Considering it had a silicone brush, I thought it would be better at separating my eyelashes, but it's not.

It does a decent job at lengthening, but it doesn't seem promising in the volume department. The formulation is a perfect medium between wet and dry--it doesn't take forever to dry which I like. It's very black, which I also like, but the brush is not ideal. I prefer big, fluffy, fibrous bristles because they add volume and length without being clumpy.

I won't complain about the price because like I said, I received a free sample. I would have been annoyed if I had actually purchased it because at the price it retails for, it better be beyond my expectations. I definitely will not buy be buying the full size tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Love this mascara just wish it was waterproof. It makes my lashes long and flirty looking. The price is a bit much for mascara so I only use this on special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Katee025

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! I have purchased about 8 of these since I've started using it, I refuse to try any other mascara cause I'm just so in love! It makes my lashes look super long and thick ahhhh I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by georgiagemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down the absolute best mascara I have ever used. It's very natural looking, separates my lashes beautifully, and still gives me volume and holds a curl. HG product right here, worth every penny! I already have another tube for backup :) Looooove!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by nezat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara I have ever tried! It's name doesn't lie as it truly makes my lashes unbelievably amazing. I have never received compliments about my eyes prior to using it, but this mascara opens them up a lot and therefore makes them pop. The effect isn't nearly as good if I don't use an eyelash curler before though. I wouldn't believe how amazing this product is if a sales assistant hadn't used it on me. Mascaras never did much for me as I have naturally dark and long lashes that just wouldn't curl upwards, but now I have found my miracle product.

Quite difficult to get off (nothing micellar water wouldn't handle, but regular drug store eye make up removers probably wouldn't) but that is understandable as it basically 'freezes' my eyelashes the way I curl them with an eyelash curler before application and also with my fingers while the mascara is still drying. It takes about a minute to fully dry so this gives enough time to shape and lift eyelashes in to the desired position/as high as possible.

Don't be scared off as it is a bit watery when you first open it (I find this lasts for about 2 weeks, by then it has dried up into a regular mascara consistency), just wait a bit after application (half a minute) and then start shaping and lifting the eyelashes and applying more mascara so they stay put in that position.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by ACA53Y

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora and LOVE it! I typically use the cover girl bombshell mascara and this one has very similar effects but with only 1 step. This makes my lashes super long, super voluminous, and super black all in one stroke. The formula oddly stays a bit on the tacky side, but it doesn't transfer to my eyelids like a lot of other mascaras will before they dry. It did take me a few try's to get the hang of the application as the first two times I used it it had the tendency to clump, but if you have a lash comb then this mascara might just be your best "falsie" faking friend! I have gotten numerous compliments on my "long and luscious" lashes every time I've worn it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by purpleheroine

I love this mascara. It both lengthens and adds volume to your lashes and its definitely a great everyday mascara. The only reason i feel i wouldn't repurchase it is because it looks really similar to my maybelline rocket mascara, and i would much rather pay the price of the maybelline rocket. Overall if you're willing to spulrge, i'd give it a try

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Dis8ged

Firstly, it doesn't seem to give you much length nor volume. Second, it's not easy to remove. I would use it because for the fact that I already bought it. But it's really just a below average mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not impressed with this mascara in the least. I applied three coats to my freshly curled lashes and initially things looked great; my lashes were much longer, thicker, separated and the curl held. The look wasn't overly dramatic nor natural yet still nice. Then no less then five minutes later I got a nasty surprise when checking my makeup one last time: my lashes had drooped and the mascara was flaking onto my cheeks and forming spidery clumps on my eyelashes. No lasting power whatsoever and not exactly the look I was hoping to achieve. And to make matters worse this mascara is also very difficult to remove! Be prepared to bust out your strongest remover possible MUA friends. This product doesn't live up to its claims and isn't worth its high price tag in my humble opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Callmesib

I got this in one of benefits christmas boxes, and was super excited. At first it was nice, seperated my lashes and definitely got the false lash look IMO. However only a 2/3 months later it had dried up considerably and not only that it was so clumpy on my lashes. I now find it hit and miss and only use it if I am doing a very dark smokey eye with lashes, really dont know whether or not I would buy this again! :(