September 1, 2014 | 2094 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Amused

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to be honest, this blush scares the crap out of me in the pan. I'm not one to wear bright pink blushes, I lean towards peachy or mauve colors. This, however, is gorgeous. I'm NW20 and it being a blue-based pink I find that it's a pink I can actually wear! It looks very fresh and pretty. It's SO pigmented that a little goes a long way but it's very blendable. It's matte which I like because I am just not a big fan of shimmery blushes. These last a good 7+ hours on my oily skin, which is pretty amazing. I have 4 of these in (Blissful, Exposed, Amused, Peaceful) and can't wait to get more. LOVE these.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by DustBunnyLife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this blush in a special "trial" package from Tarte that was available to Sephora beauty insiders. It's not a color I would have picked for myself because it looks SO candy pink in the pan. First time I put it on I looked like a clown. This is VERY pigmented. Light hand, light brush! Once you get that down pat? This may be HG! When applied lightly this color is lovely. The amount you get will last a really really long time. Gives a nice flush to my skin without any glitter, which is very important to me. I find that so many otherwise nice blushes are ruined by glitter! This is blendable and smooth and lasts ALL DAY! (And doesn't oxidize!) This is the best blush I've ever used and I've tried 'em all! Even for this not being my perfect color I still adore it! Can't wait to get every other shade. This blush is the best thing since...well, anything! Must must must try! If you don't believe me, go to Sephora and give it a go. You will love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I'm surprised not to see any reviews for Amused yet. These Tarte blushes are nothing short of an industry superstar at this point, and Amused is one of the prettiest and most wearable colors.

The shade is a vivid candy pink that is bright without being vulgar or loud. It's not coral, red, or peach in any way. It's very girlie and looks almost too barbie doll-ish in the pan. But it goes on as a very tasteful, feminine flush of pink, blends right in and gives you a pretty color on your cheeks for hours. It's a bit like Exposed in that it really needs to be tried on to understand the full benefit. It looks especially killer with bronzer. I bought Dollface too, which is a paler and softer pink, but I will save that for winter most likely. Amused is prettier on my NC27 complexion and I appreciate that even on a hot AZ day when my makeup has evaporated, this still leaves some healthy color to perk up my sallow face.

I'm guessing this would work with many complexions.