Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Brush Collection - Eyes Starter Set

4.3

Synthetic Taklon

on 6/10/2014 3:19:00 PM

Excellent brush collection!! The quality is so nice, and because the hair is synthetic, they won't fall of. I prefer these brushes over any, firstly because of the price...compared to other brushes - OMG. Second of all they blend beautifully, and you can use them for other purposes, such as concealer and maybe even cream highlighter. I use all of them nearly everyday, and could not be without. Lovely quality brushes:)

on 5/20/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Now let me start by saying I said no to buy it again because it you buy this set, you won't need to buy the same set again! I do really love the brushes BUT I think the set could be improved upon. The quality of these brushes is AMAZINGGG, and the price is even better! Under 20$ for 5 eye brushes of great quality is unbelievable! But I don’t think the ‘FINE LINER BRUSH’ is good for eyeliner, the name doesn’t suit the brush at all as it isn’t fine, and it is WAY too think. Real techniques does have a thinner/finer liner brush that should have been in the collection instead. So it’s pretty much useless. The brow brush I like for gel brows, however it is not precise at all, I’m sure if you use more of a mousse/cream brow product it will be more dramatic. I think they should have made it a bit smaller and thicker. The accent brush… I guess you can use it to smudge, but it is just TOO TINY! You can smudge with it, but you can’t go super smokey or anything like that. I find it too small to highlight brow-bone/inner corner of your eye. They should have made it bigger. The other 2 brushes I have nothing bad to say about they are great! Base shadow brush applies any powder shadow amazingly, super soft! Whether you want to pack something on for a bold look, or lightly swipe on some shadow. Deluxe crease I like for under-eye concealer, cream shadow, blender out foundation in smaller areas like around the nose. All in all I gave it a 4/5 for the overall quality. However some of the brushes I barely ever use. Those should probably be replace. But for a bigger I really recommend this and their face set!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love these brushes, they are so soft and affordable. When they first came out i received this set as a christmas gift, and it really was my starter kit. A few years later i have many more brushes from several brands and these are still brushes i come back to, i especially love the brow brush and I've never felt a need to purchase another! Also the smaller detail brush is wonderful for putting shadow on my lower lash line or inner corner. The only brush I'm not really a fan off is the liner brush, which is thicker than the line's individually sold liner brush and WAY too thick. A nice winged liner is a go to for me and I'll sometimes go for a thick and pronounced line on my eye but even this liner brush is difficult to manage for the precision i want. Despite that, i still love these brushes and i would still recommend them! They're incredibly soft, and I've never had any issues with shedding. Plus they're an amazing price!

on 5/6/2014 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Out of the 5 brushes issued in this set, I use three - the accent brush, deluxe crease brush, and the base shadow brush. The other brushes serve little purpose for me. Occassionally I have used the angled eye brow brush but I find it too large and dense for my sparse, thin brows. All in all, not exactly cost effective. I don't wear eye shadow everyday so I suppose they are sufficient enough but nothing I'd write home about.

I can't get enough of these brushes I LOVE THEM!!

on 5/2/2014 6:06:00 PM

The packaging is cute especially the little stand for the brushes! The brushes are really soft~

on 4/29/2014 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Awesome!
After reading and hearing a lot about those real techniques brushes i decided to give it a try, once i only had 2 MAC holiday brush sets (the stroke of midnight ones) and one flat foundation brush.
I must say it positively surprised me, the brushes are so soft, very easy to clean (i use MAC brush cleanser).
I cant tell if they shed with time or not because i only have them for like... a month, but the quality is very good, and the price is very very very good.
The only thing that i didnt like in this set was the brow brush.
Is too thick and the bristles too hard for a brow brush, the result on the brow is not so natural with them, i feel like as the brush is thicker, the product that you use (like powder shadow for the brows) doesnt penetrate in the brow the way they should.
So i much prefere the MAC one that i have. Softer and slim.
I didnt tested it for gel eyeliner, but i have the impression that its not good for it too, too thick.
Even with this con, i would buy this again.

on 4/22/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was never really picky about brushes; I just used the ones that come with palettes (Urban Decay Naked 2&3) or in kits (Bare Minerals) except for a small brush set I bought when I sold Mary Kay that was actually pretty decent. I bought the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply liquid foundation and LOVED IT so I decided to upgrade my eye shadow brush collection as well.

This is a marvelous basic collection, in varying sizes that will help you accomplish all but the most complicated of eye looks. The quality is excellent and the brushes are soft and apply smoothly. I've washed mine a few times with no shedding or breakage.

Be careful, these brushes are a gateway drug! Because of my new found appreciation for high quality brushes I've now purchased a set of Coastal Scents, Sigma, and even a few Mac brushes!

The only thing I didn't care for was the little holder it comes in; not sure why that was added unless that's a thing for some people. I could use it for travel but I think I'd buy a holder specifically made for a larger collection instead. Doesn't take away from the quality of the brushes, I think it was just unnecessary. Would definitely recommend.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Excellent and very affordable brushes. These brushes make my eye makeup flawless. They're incredibly easy to clean. All you have to do is use Johnson's baby shampoo. I've had my set for 2 years and they're still like brand new. They NEVER shed. The set even comes with a little case that can turn into a stand.

on 4/13/2014 1:39:00 AM