November 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Brush Collection - Eyes Starter Set

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the brush is as good as everybody said.first come to me,the fur a bit too hard for me,but this negative feeling gone immediately after my first trying!the base brush already make the look so natural,powder separated all in right places with misty edge!i use all of them everyday now,will definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Madiann

I have the starter set those are perfect. I told myself I would hold off till I saw them on sale but alas, I couldn't I broke down and grabbed them.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my step up from ELF studio eye brushes, which are not bad for the money.
From this set, I use 2 of the brushes regularly- the base shadow and crease brushes. I actually like to use the base shadow brush to blend and the other to pat shadow on. I wish I could buy these individually as I really like how they perform. I also like the accent brush as well. It's great for getting just a touch of color exactly where you want it.
The brow brush works well. I have not really used the liner brush, but it seems of fine quality. I believe this set is a good value.

I'm not keen on the case as it is not a fully covered case. To me, as a casual makeup user, it is more of a hassle to use and carry around. I'll just put the brushes in my makeup case.

I've had this set for about 5 months and I wash them weekly, if not more. They have held up perfectly. I would definitely buy duplicates of some of the shadow brushes-just wish I could purchase them individually.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:
- the packaging is awesome (there's a little back you can carry your brushes in)
- the quality of the brushes

cons:
- none

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Deluxe Crease Brush is one of my favourite in the set because I don't even have to think how to blend eye shadows, as the brush does the contouring by itself. I find it perfect for a quick every day make up as it requires minimum efforts and time. Besides it is very soft and pleasant to the skin.
Accent brush- my 2nd favourite in the set, it is very dense with a perfect shape. It helps to be very precise when darkening outer corner of the eye. I find it also good for smudging an eye pencil.
Base Shadow Brush- a good quality brush, it does what it has to do, the application is very smooth. Probably it might be also good as a concealer brush.
Eyeliner Brush- in spite of its name, I never apply eyeliner with it, as I prefer a thinner eyeliner brush for a fine application BUT it is perfect for applying black eye shadows instead of the eyeliner, the make up looks softer, perfect for every day wear.
Brow Brush- it is good that nowadays the thick eyebrows are in fashion :) Inspite I have a thinner eyebrow brush, mostly I still use Real Techniques one as it helps to define eyebrows quicker and it gives a good definition.
Brush Case- a good idea about the stand but what I don't like is that the brushes are not covered from all the sides, I hate the idea that they may go in contact with dust when they are supposed to be protected in the case. The size of it is good only for eye make up brushes and too small for foundation brush, blush brush, etc. If it was a bit bigger it would be better.
Good quality. Worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING BRUSHES! enough said

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by malleat1

I really Love these, they feel so soft and amazing... LOOOVE the base shadow brush, I use it for concealer and for blending, and because I have deep socket eye, it fits in there very well...

The crease brush is not useful for its purpose, but I use it for other things like buffing foundation into tight places... The detailer I use to buff liner into my lash line and as lip brush... very nice and perfect size...

The eyeliner brush is too big, not useful for anything that I can think of.... the eyebrow one is too big too, but I have thick eye brows so it is still useable...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by carleyangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love all real technique brushes to death! I have the core collection, the duo fiber, and starter set! I use the deluxe crease brush for concealer under the eyes and around the nose and it blends flawlessly! I use the base eyeshadow brush for crease and blending. The brow and eyeliner brushes I use to do a quick smudge of color under my eyes and on my lower lash line when I'm rushing to class, and the detailed brush I use for the outer v of my eye! So great! But wish that they brow and eyeliner brushes were a but slimmer :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love these brushes! I picked these up after reading rave reviews on beauty blogs and so when I saw these in Ulta and I had a 20% store coupon, I was excited to give these brushes a try. I was already familiar with Samantha as she and her sister are professional make up artists and post tutorials on YouTube. I brought these home and went online to see some tutorials from RealTechniques and then put the brushes away. My first thoughts were that the brushes were too big and too fluffy and there was no way I was going to be able to get the crease shadow in the crease only or do a small outer v and was hesitant to try them right away. The next morning before work, I pulled these out to do my daily makeup routine and grabbed my Naked Basics palette as I thought it safest to stick with a basic natural tried and true eye, but then in using these brushes I discovered they worked much better than what I had been using. The shadow picked up better and applied easier and blending was effortless. In fact, blending wasn't really necessary the way the shadows applied. I have been using this set for two weeks now and I am really impressed. It came packaged in a cute carrying case/stand, but I took them out of that and store them in my makeup drawer with the other brushes, so I can't say how the case or stand feature performs These are bargain priced at less than $20 a set. Good quality professional brushes, bargain price. Win. Win.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

I'm not sure I will use the eyeliner brush. Other than that...wow. These brushes are great. And I'm a brush snob. I probably cut my eye makeup application time by a third. That's how nicely these brushes apply and blend color. I chose this set because I wanted a brow brush and a brush in the style of the accent brush. I ended up really liking the rest, save the eyeliner brush which I haven't tried yet. I gave only 4 lippies because I would prefer a longer handle. The case also has a spot for a face brush. These brushes are totally worth the money. Do a better job than many of the higher-end brushes I own.