December 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Zoorkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Things I have learnt. Makeup is about perception. If you think it works it works..if not it doesnt. Also dark circles, uneven skin tone etc etc...usually clears up when your insides are clean (if not genetic) and lifestyle.
HOWEVER makeup does lift - our faces and our spirits.

anyway back to the review. Glad to say I bought a small sample size same price as a packet of biscuits. In HK they dont give you anything free, rather "sell" the samples. No biggie.

I like the "illumination" .I can see where the shimmer ? sparkles ? shiny bits ? hits the light and bounces off my face. Gold-y colour for my NC42-43 skin tone.

Not sure about "even-ing" out the skin tone. I cant make out unless I take my mirror out in the park under normal daylight.
I cant. I live in a concrete jungle ! I have a darker forehead and chin-lip area...and...no difference...I think !

I cant tell if my tone has been evened out. What is supposed to happen ?

I try my baclony. And under every different light (even day-natural light) and a magnified mirror my face looks different depending on clouds and angles !

Would I buy it again, probably not because I prefer the subtler -dwewy finish of Benefit Girls Meets Pearl. Iridescent rather than gold.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for a year now and I have to say, I can't live without it! My skin is dry/dehydrated, and the older I get, the more acne prone it gets. When I use this product daily, I get almost no pimples (still 1 or 2 around my time of the month), and the pimples that I do get are much smaller, and go away quickly. When I don't use the product, I consistently have pimples.
I bought some of the Idealist pore minimizing serum when I ran out of my first bottle of the even skintone illuminator, and it didn't work for my skin at all. My cheeks felt perpetually tight/dry, and it didn't keep the breakouts at bay nearly as well. As soon as I went back to the even skin tone illuminator, I had my pretty skin back.
This product is an absolute must for me! I love how smooth it makes my skin feel (I know it's the cones), love the results and consider it a staple in my routine! I have already repurchased and will continue to do so!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really didn't do anything for me. I got a 15ml sample of the Even Skintone Illuminator in a gift set and used it for four weeks continuously although I didn't think I really needed it - I have been using Advance Night Repair at night and Idealist Pore Minimizer by day for about 20 months and the two together have improved the clarity and tone of my skin - but it was a generously sized sample and being an EL fan I thought it would make some improvement to my skin.
My skin didn't feel as smooth as it did with the original Idealist (or using no serum at all), and my pores started to look larger. The gold shimmer is pointless and although it's largely invisible I found it really annoying when I did catch sight of it.
I did read somewhere that these EL products are described as repair serums but they don't work to improve the skin in the long term - the benefits only last for as long as you're using the product. (Not true of the ANR though, which is just fantastic!)
I've stopped using the Illuminator now and have gone back to the original Idealist, with which I noticed a difference after a couple of days. Reading other reviews it seems that one or other of these products works for most people, not both, and that's certainly true for me.
I have two of these 15ml sample bottles and am reluctant to throw them away so may try them when my skin is less dry in the summer, or layer it with one of the other EL serums. I'm glad I didn't spend money on this. I'd recommend anyone to get a sample from an EL counter before buying, as it's quite expensive to purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by loverofgrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, the packaging is an A+ in my book since it has a pump you can control and it's gold which is always pretty.
Pros: smells nice, illuminates skin when putting it on before moisturizer and after.
Cons: when I use cream or gel moisturizers after putting the skin tone illuminator on, it forms like some weird eraser poop like consistency on my face and starts coming off. I've encountered this with some other Estee Lauder products.
When I put my foundation or even a light BB Cream, the subtle shine it gives disappears under the foundation or BB Cream.
It doesn't really improve the skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by JenniAdventure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A friend gave me a bunch of samples of the Even Skintone Illuminator to help me with my uneven skin tone and dark red acne scars on my chin. I've been using it for about 2 weeks in the morning before I put on my makeup.

CON:
I normally have pretty dry skin, especially around my nose, cheeks and chin. Since using the serum I haven't had any dryness issues...I've actually been dealing with oiliness towards the end of the day. I don't know if this is just what "normal" skin is like but I'm not sure if I like it just yet. This could also be due to the foundation that I use, though. (MAC Studio Sculpt)

PROS:
It does have "shimmer" but it's not cheap looking shimmer. It gives my skin a nice dewy look that I really like. Also, I do like that it has smoothed out the appearance of my skin after only 2 weeks of use.

I know I haven't really used it long enough yet to notice any changes with my acne scars, which is the main reason why I'm using it. Although I have been dealing with oily appearance by the end of the day, I'll keep using it to see if it helps with the scarring.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Marivale

Este serum deja la piel muy suave porque esta lleno de siliconas.
Aparte de eso: colaboró muy poco a unificar el tono de mi piel (que es lo que promete). Me salió bastante dinero (USD 120 x 30 ml) y resultó mucho menos efectivo que la constancia de usar retinol+vita C en Invierno. Ilumina el rostro, pero tiene mas bien un efecto cosmético que de tratamiento, no vi resultados con su uso continuado.
No lo volvería a comprar.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a kit with day moisterizer and Idealist was in the kit. It is a small bottle . 5 oz, but I Ve been using it over a month. II use it as a primer, because I don't know how else I could use it. The bottle is over- I haven't noticed any results. May be the bottle is too small, but I didn't notice smooth feeling too. The texture seems pleasant , but when I smooth onto my face it doesn't feel good. It has some shimmer in it, which seems to illuminate the skin, but it also seems to fade away too quickly. Happy I didn't buy a full size, would be waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

So, my friend was raving about this and she doesn't rave, so I bought some. A bottle later I was irritated and felt like I'd been duped. And then... I realized I hadn't been. I hate to say it, but I really like this stuff. I have very red, ruddy skin. My Clairisonic + Vitamin E Oil at night (which I sometimes swap out for other products) has helped my skin come a long way, but using this really has smoothed out the rough edges. It has just a touch of tint to help even things out, and when I stopped using it I did notice a difference. So as much as I hate to say it, because it's expensive and it gets some build up on the nose, I'll keep on buying it because I don't have bright red clown face.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by kateric

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product did nothing to help my skin discoloration. I love Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair but this was very disappointing. It also has kind of a "plastic" or silicone-type feeling which I didn't like.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Utter rubbish. The texture is silky and gorgeous and initially made my skin look matte and more even. After two weeks, I developed milia all over my face. The big wakeup call happened when I started developing cystic zits on my cheeks. It was so awful that one of them left a deep pitted scar on my right cheek which still looks pretty ugly to me. I'll never, ever buy this again. I don't care how much you pay me. In my opinion, this can never beat Estee Lauder Synchronised Advanced Night Repair Complex Serum which is their best treatment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No