July 30, 2014 | 2052 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by tatouchs

My HG sunscreen. Lightweight yet effective. I'll buy it forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

What a great sunscreen! Very fresh and light texture that sinks into the skin leaving it moisturized and fresh! no white cast, no nasty smell, no greasy finish. Really perfect for summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by shadesofyellow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, just wow. I wanted a sunscreen without the sunscreen smell, white cast, or greasy feeling...and here it is! Now given that alcohol is high on the list it could be slightly drying. I have an oily t-zone and normal cheek area and its okay for me but I could see where other reviewers are coming from. Since I'm in the US I've been ordering off eBay for about $18 but its well worth it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by JayBB

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this out for a couple months and have mixed reviews on it. It can be drying, but as the day goes on, it gets VERY oily. Weird. You can't put a lot on either, so it kind of defeats the purpose of protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by fvger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just a warning. Based on the ingredient list here, I bought this sunscreen thinking that it contains a mix of chemical and physical sunscreen. Imagine my disappointment when I received it and found out that it has only chemical sunscreens and provides no protection over 354nm. So, yes it protects from UVB and UVA2 but not from UVA1 rays which means it's good for winter, but useless for summer.

19 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by PWlondon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was first quite sceptical about this sunscreen but as it gets high rate review so I give it a try.

It was as many reviews described, light, non greasy, and melt into my skin with no breakout.

I had tried, Dior snow, Lancome, and many high end sunscreen and I must say this suncreen and beats them all.

ps: as it's alcohol base cream so not recommended for anyone who is sensitive to alcohol.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by karenpetrie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The perfect sunscreen as far as chemical vs physical s/s.
Canadian Ombrelle Face 45 a close 2nd.(I can"t wear it under makeup unfortunately.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a little bit of a sunscreen fanatic. And I have tried almost all the european s/s and a few Japanese s/s.

During my trip to Tokyo, I picked this up based on some recs. I love it. It's by far the nicest s/s I have ever used. It's truly weightless, feels like nothing on the skin, and doesn't interfere with anything else you put over it.

Will repurchase again, and again, and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: March 2014
This has been reformulated. The actives are: Octinoxate, Tinosorb, Uvinul A Plus & Uvinul T 150

Description still states is is not resistant to water, sweat, or sebum.

I am uploading a photo of updated packaging for reformulation. Look for the word "new" with a dark navy blue background, yellow lettering located in the upper right side of packaging. 2011 "new" was displayed more in the center, with magenta background, & white lettering.

Due to my skin becoming increasingly drier (not from sunscreen, just age ha ha) I am ordering a new sunscreen —Kanebo Allie extra UV gel — that is described as being heavier than the Biore Watery Essence, but having higher UVA protection. It is also sweat and water resistant. I will add a review comparing the two once I've received and have used the Kanebo brand for a bit.

Previous Update:

I am so amazed at how great this is! It deserves 10 stars. It is the only sunscreen I've EVER wanted to slather on with abandon. I kid you not. Its like using Chanel's Hydramax + Active Serum only lots better. If you have issues with Hyaluronic Acid then, this is not a good product for you, or, if you need physical rather than chemical sunblock, then again, try something else. Everyone else, I just can't imagine not loving this. The scent, although fleeting is awesome, it causes no problems with makeup, photographs great, leaves NO white cast, is hydrating without being oily.

I wish there was a lesser SPF version for others who want to be able to get some sun and tanning on their face. I don't, but I think I could even get my guy to use this (which is saying something) if it wasn't such a high SPF.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

For me, this has supplanted Sofina - (UV cut milk Extra Block) SPF 50 + PA +++ [DISCONTINUED] as my most absolute favorite sunscreen.

I have tried so many sunscreens, and while I may like certain facets of them, what I am really looking for is an invisible sunscreen that works. I'm not looking for glow, I have makeup that can supply that. I have primers that can help keep my makeup on longer, etc. AND, I want a sunscreen to not cause my mascara to transfer under my eyes as the day wears on. I hate that! (La Mer and Jan Marini I'm talking about you)

I did want to point out that even though this sunscreen is not categorized as waterproof, the third ingredient—Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate—according to Wikipedia, is insoluble in water:[QUOTE] Octyl methoxycinnamate (INCI) or octinoxate (USAN), trade names Eusolex 2292 and Uvinul MC80, is an organic compound that is an ingredient in some sunscreens and lip balms. It is an ester formed from methoxycinnamic acid and 2-ethylhexanol. It is a clear liquid that is insoluble in water.[END QUOTE] So, I don't think one would have to worry about it washing off of their face during just normal everyday perspiration and such.

Biore states that this can be smeared (don't know if I would have chosen that word, lol) over makeup during the day without leaving a sticky feel, or destroying your makeup.

It is not oily, but is hydrating, as it contains Hyaluronic Acid.

I purchase this on ebay through ezdealusa with free expedited shipping. Most recent purchase price was $17.99 for 50 ml. / 1.7 fl

Ingredients:
UV filters; zinc oxide, octinoxate, titanium dioxide

Actives; Chamomilla Recutita extract to suppress melanin production and prevent age spots due to sun exposure for fairer, radiant skin.

Other ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance (Parfum).

24 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh! I am in love. All my life I have been plagued by the oily, sticky, or tacky feelings of sunscreen. But, ever since my father had to have a small skin cancer removed, I felt the need to really pay more attention to my skin -- and my sun protection. I tried sunscreen after sunscreen and hated them all. Until! My old roommate in Taiwan sent to me this amazing one. It's smooth and light, goes on feeling like water and sinks in dry immediately. No sticky feeling, no oil, no tacky grossness. Perfect under makeup, perfect for every day. It is the only sunscreen I have ever wanted to just put on everywhere. It's honestly just so incredible I am shocked. I like this more than Anessa. High PPD rating but not waterproof, but that's fine for me -- I'm no swimmer. I love this. Once it runs out, I'll probably order more from online.