April 24, 2014 | 899 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Alterna Bamboo Smooth - Kendi Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample from Sephora. The website says it's suitable for thick or coarse hair. My hair is neither, but it is color treated, and as I'm trying to grow it long, the ends have become a little problematic. I use this on damp hair after a shower, smoothing a dime size amount through hair from about the ear-level down. I then blow-dry. I was scared using oil might make my hair greasy, but not at all! This makes my hair incredibly soft; it feels strong and healthy. It has no appreciable smell. I haven't used it as a leave-in treatment, since my hair doesn't need that level of assistance. I would definitely buy this again, it's priced quite reasonably for the size - I imagine it would last a year or more since you need very little.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by envirogeeky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This Bamboo smooth oil is a wonderful product. I particularly like to use a few drops on very humid days to smooth out any frizzies. It is lightweight and won't weigh down fine hair. I use a dropperfull on the lengths of my hair for a pre-shampoo conditioning treatment and it makes my hair soft and smooth. The oil has a nice pleasant fragrance...kind of green and yet sweet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by kisforkristina

Finally, an oil that is a legitimate competitor for MoroccanOil. While there are dozens of argan oil products currently on the market, this is one oil that isn't enriched with argan oil that performs even better. It is a pale yellow colour as opposed to amber, and has a fresh scent to it. After application (dime-size for short hair, quarter-size for longer hair), there's much less greasy residue than MoroccanOil or CHI Silk Infusion. Makes hair super smooth and shiny after blow drying or air drying and absorbs into the hair very well without making it feel waxy or heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by MizSweetness

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product.I think it smells really good, but its light and it does not linger in my hair. I use it on my hair as soon as I get out of the shower and then leave it to airdry. It does not weigh down my fine hair or make it look dirty. It just makes it really soft. We were gone over night and I forgot my make up remover and face cream so I decided to use this to remove my eye makeup and it worked great. I also used it on my face after I washed it and it sank in and left my skin very hydrated. It was not oily at all just baby soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I used a sample of this from Sephora and thought it was pretty fabulous. It works great on dry hair to tame frizz without making it greasy. It's super expensive though, so I don't know when or if I will buy a full bottle (plus I have some other stuff I'd like to use up first), but I definitely liked it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Skinaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product! In the summer I have no time for heat styling and I like to pretty much wash n go. I needed something I could put in wet hair that would tame frizz, add shine, and not make hair greasy. This hair serum is prefect! After shampoo and conditioning I comb my hair then apply about a dime-size amount to towel dried hair, then let my hair air dry. The result is smooth, shiny hair. This product isn't heavy or greasy and also smells great! Yes, it has silicones but I use a clarifying shampoo once a week to remove buildup. My only complaint is that the packaging is awful, the dropper + small opening + thick serum = potential mess. But I'm still giving it 5 stars!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome product horrible packaging. I got a sample of this and LOVED it so I rushed out to buy the full size product when I ran out. The price point is "ok" $24.usd for 1.7fl oz. The product itself is fantastic...though it does have cones in it. Ah well, I have decided I need cones. I tried going cone free for a while, and it just made my hair frizzy and blah looking. I never really experienced a ton of build up using cones so I'm ok with that. It's lightly scented with a clean fresh kinda scent. It's not overly floral or fruity. Just clean. The product is a thick serum, not quite "oil" so the dropper is just plain useless!!! Too much product "clings" to the dropper bit so you need to let it drain back into the bottle a little before attempting to put any on your hand. A pump applicator or the normal click type lid would have been better. Getting the product out without making a mess using the dropper is a PITA due to the texture. If you're not careful you'll drip everywhere. But once you get the product out, it is pretty nice. It smooths my medium thickness hair w/o weighing it down or making me look like a total grease ball. It makes my hair so shiny, silky and pretty! Overall I'm very pleased, but please Alterna CHANGE THE PACKAGING!!! (though I guess it would be easy for me to just change the lid myself)