September 24, 2014 | 1518 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lipstick in Hibiscus

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me just join the chorus! I used to be a girl who wore Vegas Volt, Sashimi Mimi, Dior Roulette Rouge et all with confidence and aplomb. Over the years, while my lippie collection has grown, I have mo had the confidence to wear bright colors on my lips and often skipped lipstick altogether. So why did I buy Hibiscus? Or Candy Yum Yum for that matter? Perhaps with the hope that simply buying these bold colors would push me to once again go big or go home. Hibiscus is def. an orangey-red on me, I don't see the coral at all. But I am a sucker for the cremesheen finish and this one doesn't disappoint.
I love it's bright, unapologetic color and subtle sheen. Well executed, MAC!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I don't know what possessed me to buy this, as I have an affinity for neutrals, pale pinks and the odd mauve shade for good measure. However, I was drawn to this as the gorgeous shade stood out against the white packaging.

It it smooth and creamy and applies as an opaque orange-based red on my lips. Even when it begins to fade (about 5 hours for me), the stain left behind is still gorgeous and I just top with a bit of lip moisturizer/non-waxy clear balm to freshen it up.

I am currently NC25, and it looks great (if I do say so myself) on my complexion and I can't wait to wear this all summer. I've paired this with a natural eye (shimmery ivory lids, matte taupe shade in the crease, tightline lashes, smudged brown liner on top lid and mascara) and got great responses in the these last few days. I'd recommend this to anyone who leans warm.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by glamarmywife

I am head over heels for Hibiscus (TODAY) lol. It is an orangey red that gives me the impact I have been looking for to get on the orange lip trend. It is kind of sheer on my pigmented lips but it still gives enough color impact without saying stop what you are doing and stare at my lips. I evewn got a wow you look sexy from hubby so this is gonna be my staple this summer. It has a place in my bag right next to vegas volt.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

Similar to one of the first reviews, I had been craving this lipstick since the moment I first saw swatches. I dont own many red lipstick colors, but this is the one I'd been looking for - a summery one instead of all the fall/winter typical reds. Unfortunately I dont consider this coral at all...my eyes see very little pink and not even that much orange - even though its more of a orange undertone red, its mostly just red. I didnt buy this to use full strength (I dont like bright lipstick on me), so I dab it on lightly and it just brightens my naturally deep red/mauve lips. I wish it had a bit more sheen/coral to it but its still very pretty and I love the way you can just throw it on and it defines my lips and brightens my whole face. Also love the surf packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bright orangey-red lipstick, very pigmented and moisturizing and makes my tan complexion pop. This is such a great summer color, minimal eye makeup and this lipstick for a pop of color. On me this lasted almost 3-4 hours and I paired it with Whirl lip liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by deborahlovesyou

I live in bumf*ck, South Carolina... so imagine my surprise when I stopped by the MAC counter at 7:30 to find that there were only two of these left. Apparently they're now sold out everywhere, including online! I should have bought both of them, but alas...

Anyways, this is beautiful! I'm NC40, and this looks so good with my skin! Perfect for summer. I really hope Mac either makes more or even makes this permanent.

The wear is pretty decent. I'd say maybe 3 hours on my lips. It feels sooo good on my lips, and this shade is PERFECT for summer :D Hope you guys got it before it was gone!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by TiffanyS21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay so I had no intention on buying this lipstick when I went to MAC today. I honestly just bought it to swap but then I came home and couldn't resist swatching it next to my other "similar" shades from MAC. Here's the thing: its more orange than cyndi, not as pink/coral as toxic tale nor as bright, and it is nowhere near close to red full stop. So now I must keep it for it is truly unique to my collection. I am happy with my purchase and am sure I will get lots of use out of it this summer!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick makes me so happy!! I consider myself a connoisseur of coral shades so I feel as though MAC hit the mark on this one. It's up there with Cockney, one of my all time favorite corals. Hibiscus has more pigment than Cockney and is filled with moisture--it pampers the lips. It is a powerful color but the cremesheen formula tempers its intensity. If you wanted to like Toxic Tale but was turned off by the Amplified formula, Hibiscus is worth a look. It is equal parts pink, red and orange with just a touch of subtle shimmer and is just right for you ladies that have some yellow in your skin. The tube is also really cute! I hope MAC makes this a permanent shade real soon! Buy this and you will wonder how you ever got along without it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by titina206

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Iíve been having this lipstick for 2 days, and Iím already loving it!
As the other reviews say, itís an orangy-red color, but you cannot consider it orange nor red.
The texture is soft and creamy and does not dry my lips.
Iím not a big fan of reddish lipsticks because they donít tend to look natural on me since my lips have a purplelly undertone that somehow just doesnít work with red, and here comes the good thing, I donít have this problem with this lipstick!!! (is the orange canceling the purple?? who knows).
I like that I can build the color up, apply it lightly for an everyday look, or build it up and make it more bold and dramatic for a night look.
Looks gorgeous paired with my Shiseido Lip Gloss in Ruby Lustre.
I really wish this was not a limited edition color and I really think MAC should make it part of their permanent line. Even though it will take me quite a long time to finish mine, I think itís going to be a sad day when I finish it.
Would buy again if it was permanent. Maybe I'll try to get me a backup (or two) for the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Once I saw the swatch for this on Temptalia's blog I knew I had to have it. I've been lemming this since rumors of this collection began a few months ago.

I love the finish of this lipstick. It falls in line with most MAC lipstick as far as quality and finish. The consistency was creamy and not to glossy and the finish was soft looking. The color was amazing! A very nice warm orange with just a hint of red. It looks amazing on my NC45/50 skin tone. I didn't need a liner but I could use one to enhance or alter th color slightly. A few that looked nice paired with this are BBQ, Cork, and Vino or Chesnut applied lightly.

I can't wait to wear this out! I tested at homes and paired with a neutral eye and warm blush. The lips were the focus. This is the perfect summer lippie. If you don't have it, you need it. I believe this would work on any skintone.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No