October 26, 2014 | 1551 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Gisellemarie

I have this lip stain in 01 and it is the PERFECT red shade ever! It's a little hard to apply, and dries quick. It's matte, which I love! I could eat a whole greasy meal, have a drink and it only fades near inside my lips.. It's a little pricey i'd say for a lip stain, but it's definitely worth it! I'll keep repurchasing as long as I live! (if Sephora hasn't closed down yet.) BUY IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by RutgersGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE these! I have 2 shades, 01 red and 03 strawberry. It comes with a doe foot applicator which is very easy to use. You may need to keep a tissue nearby to perfect the edges a bit. They go on creamy but dry down to a completely matte finish. The color payoff is truly amazing. I know some people think they are too drying, but for a matte l/s I don't think its too bad at all. The price really can't be beat, most of my other l/s are at least double the price and frankly not as nice! I really wish sephora came out with more shades, perhaps more ylbb shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a very opaque, dark, LASTING lip color for fall. I cannot wear regular lipsticks because I'm too messy, I'm always eating/drinking/talking and it becomes a mess.

I've been addicted to the revlon just bitten lip balm stains (longest product name ever...) because of how wonderfully they STAIN the skin on my lips and last forever, but I needed something darker and completely opaque.

I was advised by the Sephora's SA to try this "stain". This really isn't a STAIN as it does not DYE the skin on your lips. This is a creme lipstick that dries quickly and sticks to your lips like cement. After purchasing it (for $12, which is an average cost for a drugstore lip product) I put it on immedietly. It lasted for about 5 hours through shopping, talking, drinking, smoking.

My color is in 04 - Endless Purple which is a dark, muave/plum MATTE color.

This truly is a matte. It can be drying after a while, to avoid it I exfoliate and apply extra lip balm before bed if I know I will be wearing this throughout the next day.

The application was tricky at first to say the least. I couldn't get the lip line even as the color is pretty dark which makes it unforgiving to mess up. steady hand, deep breath and a little effort helps, and is totally worth the lasting power and beautiful finish.

For a less dramatic look, I like to pat on a tiny bit with my finger.
To remove, you'll need something oily to break down the formula (I use baby oil)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by poopinpants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really love this cream lip stain i got this in the darkest burgundy shade and it stays on all day for me but it is kind of too glittery but the color selection is amazing! its almost like nyx cream stain. the color is really pigmented and dries to a matte finish. would def buy again i recommend this to anyone who likes a lip stain that is smooth and is perfectly matte

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Vivalakellye

I love this lip stain. It's a beautiful red color, perfectly matte, and lasts me at least 12 hours. (One caveat: the red gets a bit splotchy after 10 hours of wear.) Definitely let this stain dry before eating or drinking anything, or it will wear off faster.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by chiccouture1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A while ago I was at Sephora and I saw a Sephora M.A. with this beautiful red color on her lips. I discovered she was wearing Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in Always Red. When I returned to Sephora again I of course tried on the color and immediately purchased it. I have been wearing this color all week. Always red is a color that definitely will get you notice and I like that it dries quickly and lasts all day. I have gotten so many compliments each time I wear this color. When I do finish this product i definitely will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by AlbinaB

Love, love, love these lipstains! I first picked up Always Red and once I found that it lasted a 14+ hour day, I had to get some more - just added Strawberry Kiss and Endless Pink to the collection.

Some might not like the felt tip, but I love it because it ensures an even, smooth swipe across your lips. There's no feathering or bleeding which is truly a lifesaver because who really has the time to check and adjust their lipstick during a busy workday? I don't find myself ever reapplying, I simply apply some lip balm and it completely revives the color - also a good idea because all lipstains a have a drying quality so then can actually "stain" your lips.

I swear by drugstore makeup and the ability to make them look as good as higher quality/priced makeup but this is definitely worth the price. Buy it, you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by cassafrass1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasn't expecting to love this lip stain so much. I stopped by Sephora looking for a new berry lipstick, and a makeup artist there recommended this. I love the feel (it's lightweight, not too drying,) the finish (it's a really rich matte) and its lasting power. This is going to be a go-to lip stain for me now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this little gem yet! This is exactly what it says it is - a matte cream stain. It is not moisturizing, glossy or translucent by any means. This is full-on, full-coverage color that doesn't budge once dry. It comes in a range of colors, mostly bold and a range of finishes. I like to dot just a few small drops on my lips and then blend and smudge it with my finger for sheerer, softer color. I especially love the dark purple and fuschia shades. They recently came out with a really nice burgundy as well. These are reasonably priced at $12 and even when used in the lightly applied manner they last hours and hours, though eating, drinking, etc. with no transfer. Although they are not moisturizing, I don't find them drying, either. No noticeable taste or smell. I started buying these when they came out and they are still a staple product - I use them several times weekly. Like a previous reviewer posted, I would give these 10 lippies if I could!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Jinstellakwon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought Always Red in December and I picked up Dark Berry yesterday. Hands down my newest favorite lip product, the formula is long-lasting and the colors are vibrant. Do wish that they put in a real lip brush instead of the felt tip. Gets a bit annoying whenever I have to reapply.