September 22, 2014 | 1867 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by poopinpants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really love this cream lip stain i got this in the darkest burgundy shade and it stays on all day for me but it is kind of too glittery but the color selection is amazing! its almost like nyx cream stain. the color is really pigmented and dries to a matte finish. would def buy again i recommend this to anyone who likes a lip stain that is smooth and is perfectly matte

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Vivalakellye

I love this lip stain. It's a beautiful red color, perfectly matte, and lasts me at least 12 hours. (One caveat: the red gets a bit splotchy after 10 hours of wear.) Definitely let this stain dry before eating or drinking anything, or it will wear off faster.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by chiccouture1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A while ago I was at Sephora and I saw a Sephora M.A. with this beautiful red color on her lips. I discovered she was wearing Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in Always Red. When I returned to Sephora again I of course tried on the color and immediately purchased it. I have been wearing this color all week. Always red is a color that definitely will get you notice and I like that it dries quickly and lasts all day. I have gotten so many compliments each time I wear this color. When I do finish this product i definitely will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by AlbinaB

Love, love, love these lipstains! I first picked up Always Red and once I found that it lasted a 14+ hour day, I had to get some more - just added Strawberry Kiss and Endless Pink to the collection.

Some might not like the felt tip, but I love it because it ensures an even, smooth swipe across your lips. There's no feathering or bleeding which is truly a lifesaver because who really has the time to check and adjust their lipstick during a busy workday? I don't find myself ever reapplying, I simply apply some lip balm and it completely revives the color - also a good idea because all lipstains a have a drying quality so then can actually "stain" your lips.

I swear by drugstore makeup and the ability to make them look as good as higher quality/priced makeup but this is definitely worth the price. Buy it, you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by cassafrass1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasn't expecting to love this lip stain so much. I stopped by Sephora looking for a new berry lipstick, and a makeup artist there recommended this. I love the feel (it's lightweight, not too drying,) the finish (it's a really rich matte) and its lasting power. This is going to be a go-to lip stain for me now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this little gem yet! This is exactly what it says it is - a matte cream stain. It is not moisturizing, glossy or translucent by any means. This is full-on, full-coverage color that doesn't budge once dry. It comes in a range of colors, mostly bold and a range of finishes. I like to dot just a few small drops on my lips and then blend and smudge it with my finger for sheerer, softer color. I especially love the dark purple and fuschia shades. They recently came out with a really nice burgundy as well. These are reasonably priced at $12 and even when used in the lightly applied manner they last hours and hours, though eating, drinking, etc. with no transfer. Although they are not moisturizing, I don't find them drying, either. No noticeable taste or smell. I started buying these when they came out and they are still a staple product - I use them several times weekly. Like a previous reviewer posted, I would give these 10 lippies if I could!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Jinstellakwon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought Always Red in December and I picked up Dark Berry yesterday. Hands down my newest favorite lip product, the formula is long-lasting and the colors are vibrant. Do wish that they put in a real lip brush instead of the felt tip. Gets a bit annoying whenever I have to reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by luckyduck63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I admit it, I'm a lipstick junkie. I have a drawer full of lipsticks, glosses, stains, and plumpers in every shade and formula imaginable. You can bet I'll buy more, too! : ) A Sephora store recently opened less than two miles from my home (proof that good karma comes home to roost) and I've been busy trying pretty much everything they offer. I've had lots of good results from a myriad of products, but this is one that had me going back for more. Let me preface this by saying that I was on a flight and noticed the flight attendant was sporting the most perfect, bold, matte red lips EVER. I had to ask her what she was wearing. When she told me that it was Sephora lip stain and just $12 I knew what my next purchase would be! I picked up a tube of Always Red and LOVE it. I get so many compliments when I wear it and it stays put all day. I love that with a quick swipe of the sponge applicator you get a wonderful, saturated color. After trying the red I knew that I needed more colors! I bought a tube of Classic Beige (don't let the name fool you, it's not a pale, barely there color) because I can always use a good neutral. Again, success! Absolutely love the color and staying power. I've seen some reviews that complain of this formula drying their lips. I didn't have that problem but I imagine that a good lip balm and/or a dab of gloss would be the answer. I also picked up a tube of this stain in Endless Purple, which is supposed to be a mauve plum but seems a little dark. I can slide a pink shimmer gloss over it and make it work though - it was my poor judgement in color choice, not the fault of the product. I'd encourage anyone who wants to put on lip color in the morning and forget about it for the rest of the day to try one of Sephora's lip stains. It's easy for me to give this product 5 lippies!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't rave enough about the color Endless Pink (09). I have been searching for a buildable, flattering bright raspberry pink matte lip color and this is it! For reference, I have light to fair yellow based Asian skin.
What's great about this product is that you can control the intensity of the color to a great degree. This makes it extremely versatile and easy to work with. For a natural, flushed look, I first apply a light layer of blotted lip balm. Then I use my fingers to apply a TINY amount (like a sesame seed sized amount) of the lip stain and spread it out evenly over my lips. With a bit more product you can create a very saturated, intense matte look.
This does stain my lips, but it also rubs off a bit which isn't a huge issue for me. There is fine shimmer in this particular color, however it just makes the finish appear more "dimensional" and not sparkly or too shimmery.
Highly recommended! I can't wait to try the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by youtriedjpg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. It is on the pricey side at $12 but you get what you pay for. I got it in the brightest red they had. It lasts all day but I preferred to touch it up a little about half way through the day. It stays on when you're eating and drinking which really pleased me. I love the applicator because it's just like a lip gloss which is easier for me than all the marker applicators. It did dry out my lips a little but not too bad. I'm definitely going to go get another color some time next week.