August 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Lipstick - E.L.F. - Classy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great lipstick for a dollar. I find myself reaching for it just about everyday. It's not extremely pigmented but that's fine with me because I prefer a more sheer lipstick for casual everyday looks. I've heard that this is a dupe for MAC Angel but I don't own Angel so I can't say for sure. I think the packaging is kind of cheap and tacky looking but the product itself is pretty good and it's definitely worth a dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahreviews

Ok so, being my usual ditsy self, i bought this product by sheer accident; my intent to the colour seductive. So naturally, when the lipstick arrived i was shocked by the berry-like colour. I assumed it was a mistake and so checked the website to realise that i'd pressed 'add to cart' on the wrong colour! A lesson to be learnt here- CHECK YOUR CART!
However, i LOVE this colour! I usually go for pale pinks, as i'm shy to lip colour (not eyes, i put all sorts on those!) but i'm so glad i didn't choose the right colour. It's amazing- the colour radiant, yet not overly prominent. For the price, in a nutshell, it's super. It tend to come off around the centre of the lips during eating, but i didnt expect a 12hour or whatnot staying power, especially due to the price. A simple re-application later and voelia! PERFECTION!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by owleyeglasses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I wore this for the first time in awhile today and forgot how much I like it. It has a nice pale pink with a bit of blue in it. It's almost a MLBB...but more blue. It has a satin finish, but the color doesn't have the greatest pay off and it doesn't go on completely smooth. Sometimes there are chunks that have to be smoothed out, but otherwise the application is pretty good and I like semi-opaque pay off usually.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works for me as a natural matte lipstick. The color is actually pretty close to my natural lip, so I can use this when not going for an overly made up look. I will say that it has staying power...I did a skin swatch and after soap/water and then a diaper wipe, I still had residue on my hand. Not sure if this is some sort of allergic reaction. But on the lips, it goes on creamy (if a bit thick) and has the slightest tingly feel.

The packaging is something I don't like. I would've preferred the color at the end of the stick and not just a tiny strip of color in the middle.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best points for this; color and packaging. The color looked so beautiful in the tube. On me it is not opaque and rather sheer. It's very creamy and moisturizing...bordering on greasy. It does not last even up to 1 hour on me. On the first application, the entire stick broke off and fell. The packaging is sleek and pretty. The other downside is the strong fruity smell that I couldn't get past. e.l.f. has many amazing and worthwhile products, but this is one to pass on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by lychee28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick!! Personally, I'm not one to wear out there colors (The bright pink or SUPER red...not my thing) and this one suits me perfectly for my everyday lip color wear.

The lipstick glides on smooth and the color isn't overbearing, don't even have to put chapstick underneath. When putting the lipstick on it even smells wonderful (as most E.L.F. products do!).
It seems like the lipstick stays on very well and evenly (I started eating ice cream and didn't have to reapply!). The tube doesn't look fancy, so if you're the type who likes to pull out your lipstick tube to "reapply," even though truthfully it's really just to show off the brand, this is not for you. If you ARE one who appreciates fantastic value and puts quality over quantity, this lipstick is totally it!
How can you beat $1? Here's the thing...you CAN'T! E.L.F. is AMAZING! I wish I had known about this brand when I was 13-years-old!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I have a few of these $1.00 lipsticks and Classy seems to be a different formula than the rest. It's so smooth & creamy and doesn't settle into my liplines. It's very moisturizing too, which is hard to find in even HE lipsticks.

This color is a perfect go-to pink for me (NC25/30 with dark hair/eyes). I find that it accentuates my natural lip color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by annac42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Although the packaging is a bit 'plastic-y', this is a really nice product for just 1.50/1.
I glides on smoothly and actually stays on for quite a long time.
The colour Classy is like a pale, nude-ish pink and really suits my skintone (fair). I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I purchased Classy due to emilynoel83 discussing this color as a dupe for MAC Angel. I don't own Angel so I take her word for it. First of all, the color on me looks nothing like it does on her. I'm tanned and have dark features with pigmented cool toned lips and if this shade was a hair lighter, I could pass for a jersey guidette....not the look I'm going for. I do rate this a 4 because for a $1, it does perform quite nicely and it is a very pigmented creamy l/s with decent staying power. The pic I posted for this color is not my lips but it resembles what Classy looks like on emilynoel83. On me, it's lighter for some reason.