April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Cha Cha Tint

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by dumplingrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this blush. It gives me the most gorgeous glow and looks very natural if applied with a light hand. I found that the best way to apply this is to use the brush to dab a small amount of product on my index finger and use that to rub it on to my cheek. This means the product doesn't have time to sit on my face and stain it before I rub it in, hence, no weird patches. Also, I apply it right after my BB cream and before my powder. It gives me a subtle natural color and lasts all day. You only need a tiny bit of the product to give you a nice color. This product can be layered for a stronger pop of color but I always like a more natural look. It will probably be a year before I need to buy this again but when it runs out I am definitely re-buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by eyelinerjunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to spot a sample of this I'm a magazine a few months ago and after a while of wanting to try I snatched one up. I wish I had gotten 3! This stain is so easy and convenient, the only thing I use if I'm running late. I can even put it in my pocket to do when I get where I'm going. I call it tropical blush as it give my NC45-50 skin a flushed peachy orange colour (slightly contrary to the colour on the brush). When opened Cha Cha Tint can seem quite daunting and acid however a streak or two across one cheek at a time and blending with a finger gives a beautiful radiant glow that lasts. I know that my half-size sample will last forever but on the sad day that it runs dry I will not hesitate to buy the full size despite 24.50 price tag and my student status!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just recently got this after wanting it for a while and I wasn't disappointed. It's not the easiest to apply though. I put 2 or 3 small dots on my cheek and blend very quickly with a 188. I work with one cheeck at a time because I'm afraid to get streaks.

I have to say it's a great natural color for me, and looks natural instead of sitting on top of the skin. . And it really lasts all day which is a big thing for my oily skin. I have Posey Tint too which I like equally.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a free sample in a magazine. I use it on my lips as its to orange/red to use on my cheeks as they are too red anyway. Its quite nice on the lips as a change from pinky colours, although it doesn't last very long. Nice colour. Good brush applicator.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by KMT06055

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a great product for people with neutral-warm tones. I imagine it would not look as well on cool-toned people, but I could be wrong. This product is very natural looking when applied correctly- it looks like the color is coming from within your skin rather than sitting on top of it. My only issues with the product are a)the price b) you have to work as fast as lightning or you will end up with dark orange spots on your face and c) it seems to setting into and darken pimples. I recommend apply over a lotion, as this helps it blend smoothly. It is also very pretty as a lip stain.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 More reviews by Zoorkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For my skin tone the colour is fantastic, but its one of the hardest stains to apply. Even working fast it doesn't blend well at the edges (see Lisa Eldridge video on liquid blush) you do get a few 'darker' spots...and I am working as fast as a ninja that much I guarantee.
Tips:
Apply over moisturiser to make it more blendable
Smudge colour on your finger first and then apply that on cheeks
Even then.....it's just doesn't seem to melt around the edge. I still find the edge on my cheek bone too defined.

Packaging: maybe a smaller twist tube packaging like Girl Meets Pearl, would help so you can minimize the 'smudge wand on finger' step. You can directly dab and apply.
CHANGE your Packaging Benefit to a tube or twist tube so its 'applicator friendly'

In HongKong you don't enjoy a return policy, so I am persevering. Everything is fab just the insane 'quick' formulation.

Would I buy it ? Yes. I researched BB pot rouge and found they are not long lasting and Cha Cha tints Mango-Orange-Coral looks good on my NC42-43 skin tone. I also have pigmented lips (purple) and the tint looks awesome !

Update: I have changed to NO for repurchase. this is just too hard to apply. Benetint was easy peasy to apply. but this one is just bloody blotchy. However you apply it. I end up scraping my face because psychologically I want it to blend more and more....and more

Changed Packaging to WORST = 1.

Overall Rating to - 2.

Awesome colour but its hardwork and the whole world can see where you made a mistake or the hard edges.

appeal to Benefit - please make this a tint. I am sure it will be easier to apply. Also please change this nail polish dispenser Packaging. a tube would be better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by frankmancini

I like this product as a lip stain. A $29 lip stain? No.

Anyway, the product is pretty buildable but ultimately looks best when applied in 1 or two layers, both as a stain and as a blush.

One of my main gripes with this product is that it really does start staining and drying instantly.. I always put some on my finger an then blend on my cheeks rather than dot on cheeks, or I will get lines/dots.

It's a pretty product but ultimately overpriced. I'd repurchase it again if it were priced around $10-15.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by thrrrrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanted to love this but it just made me look like I was dead, or like I had liver disease. So sad as I love collecting the polishy bottles from Benefit.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I do not like the nail polish brush for application, I just use my fingers, I do love this blush. I feel it provides a very natural look not all cakey like powders. It has a lit from within look. It does take some practice to learn how to apply as it is fast drying and a stain. I feel like some of the negative reviews while valid, did not give it enough time to get used to applying blush in a different way. Sure, you have to work fast, but once you get the hang of it, you will have a vibrant natural look that doesn"t fade all day long. I love this peachy color the best but sometimes wear the original as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Cha Cha Tint is a "mango tinted stain that beautifully blushes lips and cheeks with a tropical coral hue. Smooch proof and smudge proof, our sheer stain has a natural finish that will leave you looking deliciously vibrant for hours." I got a little 2.5ml (.08fl oz) sample in Benefit's Sexy Little Stowaways value kit, which sold for $34. The full size 12.5ml (.48fl oz) bottle of Cha Cha Tint retails for $29. giving my itty bitty sample a value of almost $6. This lip and cheek stain was made in France. Benefit does not test on animals, and offers a good amount of info of their testing policy for those that are interested. Benefit products can be bought on the brand's website, at Benefit boutiques and counters, and at specialty cosmetic stores like Ulta and Sephora.
This stain sample's packaging is pretty cute, it's so tiny. The sample's bottle is fairly similar to the full size's. Cha Cha Tint comes in a recyclable orange tube similar in color to the actual product. The name of the stain is written on the front of the tube in white lettering. A small amount of product info can be found on the back. Removing the black twist off cap reveals a small, stiff brush applicator. This brush isn't great for applying this product. I use it to pain Cha Cha Tint on my lips, or to do the product on my cheeks, but in both cases, I need to use my fingers to blend the product in. I don't recommend trying to use this brush for blending purposes. Brush applicators aren't really that sanitary for multi use products like lip and cheek tints.
I love using Benefit's Cha Cha Tint on my lips! The application isn't the best, a little messy and definitely not convenient when you're out and about. Cha Cha Tint is a gel like liquid that sets quickly, so it can be hard to get an even coating, but the slight unevenness isn't visible from more than a few inches away. Cha Cha Tint is definitely buildable product, it goes on sheerly at first, but a second or third coat can really bring some intensity! Despite appearing as a neon orange on the brush, Cha Cha Tint dries down to a strong reddish coral. Despite being a lip stain with a matte finish, this product is surprisingly comfortable, not at all drying. However, I do like to layer lip glosses and lip sticks over Cha Cha Tint, because its a great base for similar colors. Cha Cha Tint is definitely a new favorite lip color for me, I can't wait to wear this stuff in Summer! The best part about this lip and cheek tint is that it wears for ages on the lips, I get about five hours!
I'm not quite as crazy about Cha Cha Tint on the cheeks. I already have fairly pink cheeks and pale, cool toned skin. Cha Cha Tint goes on sheerly, just like Posie Tint I can barely see it. I find that it's barely there corally red color is unflattering, it makes me look a little sick and feverish, all while making any acne and discoloration I have much more apparent. Not a cute look. This look would probably be a better cheek tint of those with warmer, deeper skin tones. Funny how something so flattering on the lips looks awful on my cheeks. Its not all bad though, Cha Cha Tint lasts all day on the cheek, applies and blends evenly, and isn't drying.
Benefit's Cha Cha Tint has it's pros and cons. Just like Sun Beam, I feel like this is one of Benefit's more underrated products. Maybe a lot of people are intimidated by it's very misleading neon orange color? I was intimidated at first, honestly. I don't know why it appears so bright at first, but it oxidizes into a lovely red coral that can suit a huge range of skin colors. For me, Cha Cha Tint is going to be used strictly as a lip stain, but it has the potential to be a great multi-use product for most. I would love to grab another mini size of Cha Cha Tint in a value kit, this is a product I definitely recommend to anyone willing to splurge.