October 23, 2014 | 1889 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by whitesoxrock

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Whoa. This is one good shampoo. I started using it about 2 months ago. I haven't gotten my hair cut in over a year, I think it's due to this stuff! People always comment on how pretty my hair it, but I think it's just because it's long. If they realized how gross the ends were, they would have second thoughts. This really seems to keep it long. The ends are disguised, so I can still receive those compliments! My hair survived a theater production where I had to completely tangle/tease it. Within a week, it was back to it's usual shininess, even if it was a little thinner than before. This line rules! Have I mentioned it smells delicious? Sweet and not overbearing. I'll probably be getting my hair cut soon, so hopefully the hairdresser won't know how long it's been. I'm a Redken believer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I;ve been using this shampoo for about 2 years now, and it's never let me down. I was originally recommended this by my hairdresser as I had damaged hair. This shampoo smells lovely and when combined with the conditioner really doe's it's job to repair and to prevent breakage as well making your hair feel soft and clean.

I recommend this shampoo, and will forever keep buying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by MissMarothy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo always makes my hair feel soft & look healthy. It's really great for chemically damaged hair, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by luvbeauty27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use the shampoo and condin. and it is great for my hair i have thin curly dry on the ends and oily on top hair. Its really hard to find good shampoo and condin. i got the redken for curly hair fresh curls or something and it dried my hair out and smelled like after shave.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Darlene1203

This is a great shampoo if you color your hair highlite or heat style. Please note that this also has a lot of protein so you need to use something like All soft in between.If your hair feels dry it could be due to protein sensitivity or maybe your hair has enough protein.Anyway, Please use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner in between with this. My hair gets the slip when I use this. I have medium to thick hair that is usually a tangled mess with other brands.Once or twice a week is probably enough on this Redken brand though. Proteins strengthen your hair and too much can make it hard or break.So you must balance it out. Watch about buying the suff at the local drugstore though. I did that a few months ago and it was NOT the same formula.When I repurchased at the salon I could tell I had the real thing again. No i do not work for Redken.lol Most reputable salons will refund your money if you do not like it anyway.Always ask before you purchase at the salon too. Like others who have bleached hair and use this ,it DOES work.Don't use the same thing all of teh time though. You should alternate with protein and moisture for balance.The anti-snap is good too if you have dyed "died" hair that breaks easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This line of products has saved my hair many times over the years. My hair is fine as well as prone to breakage but after a week or two of washing with this, following up with the Rescue Recovery, then condition with All Soft, my hair is strong and feels great not to mention there's much less breakage and dryness.

This contains protein so this is not meant to moisturize your hair, it's just meant to clean and strengthen your hair if it is damaged so always use a moisturizing conditioner after this shampoo otherwise you'll end up with Strawhead Syndrome.

That said, I've been using Redken products for at least 6 years now and switch to others and clarify once in a while for maybe a month since my hair seems to 'get used' to anything I use over a long period of time but I always ALWAYS come back to the Extreme and All Soft lines of products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this shampoo and the Kerastase equivalent and I definitely prefer the Kerastase version. The Extreme shampoo is probably a great product but the proteins made my scalp itch intensely and the scent is very strong, almost cloying. I would not repurchase because of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by xVegasx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this range so much my hair was breaking off due to a very bad bleaching accident i had in mid January and only just recently purchased this about two months ago and my hair is now looking better than my hair did before the bleach accident,no more breaking off,i use this with the anti-anap leave in and the conditioner,my hair is getting really long beacause it is not snapping anymore.just wish i found this earlier.This will defanitely be a permanent shampoo on my bathroom shelf.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Sammie1120

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this about two or three times a week. I have fine hair, but alot of it and it has been coloured many times. I love this shampoo. It smells AMAZING! And it makes my hair managaable and shiny. It doesnt add any buildup, but it has dried my hair out when i used it two days in a row. That is my only complaint!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I do like this shampoo. A little goes a long way, it foams up so well. The smell is nice and is not over powering. Sadly I can;t use this every wash otherwise my hair gets so dry and brittle. So i prefer to use it as a 'treatment' shampoo instead. I have seen some improvement in my hair strength.