Redken Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

4.4

water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco-betaine, glycol distearate, sodium chloride, dimethicone, fragrance, cocamide MIPA, sodium benzoate, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, carbomer, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, quaternium-33, benzyl benzoate, limonene, arginine, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, linalool, benzyl alcohol, methyl cocoate, sodium cocoate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, PG-propyl silanetriol, sodium hydroxide, citric acid (NEW FORMULE IPN)

on 5/4/2012 3:32:00 AM

My hair is fine textured, highlighted & shoulder length. It's in reasonable condition on the whole but with the highlights it does benefit from fortifying treatments. On my hair and in combination with the Extreme conditioner it makes a visible difference to the texture and strength of my hair. It is shinier and there are fewer lost hairs in the shower.

I agree with those who say use this system every 3rd wash and use a moisturising shampoo in-between as it does need it.

As a shampoo it cleanses my hair well and doesn't seem to leave any obvious residue (my highlights are still bright and not brassy).

My only quibbles are the plastic quality of the bottles on the 300ml. The plastic is so thin and flimsy feeling, yes you want something easy to squeeze but this is ridiculous. It gives way if you're not extremely careful when picking it up. I bought the pair from an authorised salon so they are genuine (always the first thought when packaging on an expensive product isn't quite up to par); and the high levels of protein seem to give me a small scalp reaction each time I use. Though the reaction is not bad enough to discourage me from using, I might try a different brand next time to see if it makes I difference.

on 4/3/2012 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The whole Extreme line from Redken is great, especially if you have damaged hair from overprocessing/heat styling. I used to get my hair highlighted every month and it really damaged my hair -- not to mention all the blowdrying and flat ironing pretty much made it snap right off. This line restores protein in your hair. It smells kind of like bananas to me. I have switched to Wen, but this is still a great shampoo if you need protein.

on 4/3/2012 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Hands down the Best Shampoo I have ever used. My hair has been through a lot. Multiple Bleachings, color removal to get rid of Black dye, red, blonde, Flat ironed within an inch of it's life. My hair is very fine, thinner in the front and was breaking off from a bleaching mishap. My new Hairdresser uses Redken products and all the Extreme Line is saving my hair. It's not a moisturizing shampoo is for those with Distressed chemically treated hair. Get yoour moisture from Leave in's if you need it. If you regularly abuse your hair with flat irons and bleach, I cannot recommend a better Shampoo for strengthening your hair. Strong hair means faster growth and less Hair going down the drain.

on 2/18/2012 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have long hair (split-ends,slightly damaged after dying) and have never felt any difference after just washing my hair with a shampoo, (only after using a mask), but this shampoo does make a difference, my hair stays fresh longer than after other shampoos for color-treated hair, it is shinier, softer, healthier. I buy the one litre bottle which is a very good deal, the last one I had lasted over a year! It's the best shampoo I have ever had.

on 1/14/2012 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Whoa. This is one good shampoo. I started using it about 2 months ago. I haven't gotten my hair cut in over a year, I think it's due to this stuff! People always comment on how pretty my hair it, but I think it's just because it's long. If they realized how gross the ends were, they would have second thoughts. This really seems to keep it long. The ends are disguised, so I can still receive those compliments! My hair survived a theater production where I had to completely tangle/tease it. Within a week, it was back to it's usual shininess, even if it was a little thinner than before. This line rules! Have I mentioned it smells delicious? Sweet and not overbearing. I'll probably be getting my hair cut soon, so hopefully the hairdresser won't know how long it's been. I'm a Redken believer!

on 1/13/2012 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I;ve been using this shampoo for about 2 years now, and it's never let me down. I was originally recommended this by my hairdresser as I had damaged hair. This shampoo smells lovely and when combined with the conditioner really doe's it's job to repair and to prevent breakage as well making your hair feel soft and clean.

I recommend this shampoo, and will forever keep buying it!

on 12/28/2011 4:10:00 AM

This shampoo always makes my hair feel soft & look healthy. It's really great for chemically damaged hair, too!

on 11/12/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use the shampoo and condin. and it is great for my hair i have thin curly dry on the ends and oily on top hair. Its really hard to find good shampoo and condin. i got the redken for curly hair fresh curls or something and it dried my hair out and smelled like after shave.

on 11/4/2011 3:17:00 PM

This is a great shampoo if you color your hair highlite or heat style. Please note that this also has a lot of protein so you need to use something like All soft in between.If your hair feels dry it could be due to protein sensitivity or maybe your hair has enough protein.Anyway, Please use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner in between with this. My hair gets the slip when I use this. I have medium to thick hair that is usually a tangled mess with other brands.Once or twice a week is probably enough on this Redken brand though. Proteins strengthen your hair and too much can make it hard or break.So you must balance it out. Watch about buying the suff at the local drugstore though. I did that a few months ago and it was NOT the same formula.When I repurchased at the salon I could tell I had the real thing again. No i do not work for Redken.lol Most reputable salons will refund your money if you do not like it anyway.Always ask before you purchase at the salon too. Like others who have bleached hair and use this ,it DOES work.Don't use the same thing all of teh time though. You should alternate with protein and moisture for balance.The anti-snap is good too if you have dyed "died" hair that breaks easily.

on 10/9/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This line of products has saved my hair many times over the years. My hair is fine as well as prone to breakage but after a week or two of washing with this, following up with the Rescue Recovery, then condition with All Soft, my hair is strong and feels great not to mention there's much less breakage and dryness.

This contains protein so this is not meant to moisturize your hair, it's just meant to clean and strengthen your hair if it is damaged so always use a moisturizing conditioner after this shampoo otherwise you'll end up with Strawhead Syndrome.

That said, I've been using Redken products for at least 6 years now and switch to others and clarify once in a while for maybe a month since my hair seems to 'get used' to anything I use over a long period of time but I always ALWAYS come back to the Extreme and All Soft lines of products.

Popular Shampoos