Redken Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

4.2

water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco-betaine, glycol distearate, sodium chloride, dimethicone, fragrance, cocamide MIPA, sodium benzoate, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, carbomer, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, quaternium-33, benzyl benzoate, limonene, arginine, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, linalool, benzyl alcohol, methyl cocoate, sodium cocoate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, PG-propyl silanetriol, sodium hydroxide, citric acid (NEW FORMULE IPN)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Due to endocrine imbalances, my hair is dry, brittle, and frizzy. Let me tell you, it's really attractive when all the short broken hairs frizz out! I have been suckered into so many expensive hair products and was expecting another disappointment, but this is the first hair product that did not disappoint me! I used to shed a fistfull of hair in the shower, now I only shed about 1/3 of that. Breakage and frizz are markedly decreased. My hair feels fuller, thicker, and stronger. It still feels and looks dry, however, so I use moisturizing masks. Doesn't really have a smell to me, which is actually kinda nice. Price is reasonable; Ulta regularly has the liter bottles on sale for $15 each, with free pumps. This is my HG shampoo and conditioner, thank you Redken!

Edited: Over 2 years later and it is still my HG. I have no interest in even trying anything else.

Love this product, i've been bleaching my hair for about a year now. My hair was so damaged and dry, it was snapping off and became very thin. This product, along with the condtioner has saved my hair. Noticable results after one use. AMAZING!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nice protein shampoo. It washes hair well and smells great!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This shampoo is great at removing build up of product, smells nice and lathers well. will definitely buy again, but when I'm in the states next time as it's quite expensive to buy here in NZ.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This shampoo cleaned well. Other than that, I saw nothing particularly "extreme" or special about this product. Very average for the price.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok wee bit of back ground! my hair is dyed blonde and i had a very very bad hair disaster when a hairdresser bleached my hair and caused it to burn my scalp and my hair broke off my at the back! nightmare I got a new hair dresser who recommended matrix strong which i was using then i read the reviews on this and though mmm ill give it a shot. OMG this changed my hair its very strong formula and it worked miracles on my hair! I really noticed a difference from the 1st shampoo and condition! I would really recommend this if you hair is damaged but stop using it once it repairs as i kept using it and it would leave my hair greasy after a day which was no use at all!

it smells really nice and clean love love this

AMAZING!! My hair has been processed 3 times within 1 week because I went blonde and the first two times was a mess!! Well, not of course my hair is SUPER damaged and when I would brush my hair it would snap sometimes and a lot would fall out....THIS SHAMPOO HELPED WITH THAT SO MUCH!! SERIOUSLY!! IF you have damaged hair like mine, YOU NEED this shampoo! After ONE use I am so impressed! JUST ONE USE! WOW! I noticed it felt so soft on my hair in the shower and it like untangled my hair while I was putting it on! The conditioner was like absorbed into my hair almost as if my hair needed the nutrients in it ! Also, after the shower my hair was SUPER easy to brush and my blonde highlights actually look more shiny!! LOVE IT and will definitely keep buying!

My hair is fine textured, highlighted & shoulder length. It's in reasonable condition on the whole but with the highlights it does benefit from fortifying treatments. On my hair and in combination with the Extreme conditioner it makes a visible difference to the texture and strength of my hair. It is shinier and there are fewer lost hairs in the shower.

I agree with those who say use this system every 3rd wash and use a moisturising shampoo in-between as it does need it.

As a shampoo it cleanses my hair well and doesn't seem to leave any obvious residue (my highlights are still bright and not brassy).

My only quibbles are the plastic quality of the bottles on the 300ml. The plastic is so thin and flimsy feeling, yes you want something easy to squeeze but this is ridiculous. It gives way if you're not extremely careful when picking it up. I bought the pair from an authorised salon so they are genuine (always the first thought when packaging on an expensive product isn't quite up to par); and the high levels of protein seem to give me a small scalp reaction each time I use. Though the reaction is not bad enough to discourage me from using, I might try a different brand next time to see if it makes I difference.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The whole Extreme line from Redken is great, especially if you have damaged hair from overprocessing/heat styling. I used to get my hair highlighted every month and it really damaged my hair -- not to mention all the blowdrying and flat ironing pretty much made it snap right off. This line restores protein in your hair. It smells kind of like bananas to me. I have switched to Wen, but this is still a great shampoo if you need protein.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Hands down the Best Shampoo I have ever used. My hair has been through a lot. Multiple Bleachings, color removal to get rid of Black dye, red, blonde, Flat ironed within an inch of it's life. My hair is very fine, thinner in the front and was breaking off from a bleaching mishap. My new Hairdresser uses Redken products and all the Extreme Line is saving my hair. It's not a moisturizing shampoo is for those with Distressed chemically treated hair. Get yoour moisture from Leave in's if you need it. If you regularly abuse your hair with flat irons and bleach, I cannot recommend a better Shampoo for strengthening your hair. Strong hair means faster growth and less Hair going down the drain.