November 28, 2014 | 1066 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Cannonball

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alright, I've found it. My HG mascara, for realz. Like many of the other ladies on here, I too have the stick-straight Asian lashes curse. Fortunately they aren't really short, just extremely straight. I hate spending a ton of money on mascara, because unlike shadows, lipsticks, and basically any other cosmetic, it really does need to be replaced pretty often in order for it to keep performing. But after hearing frmheadtotoe (Jen) on Youtube rave about it for months, I finally gave it a shot.

This is an incredibly waterproof mascara, and unless there is soap involved, it will not budge; not even my extremely oily eyelids were a match for this stuff. That being said, it WILL smudge and it WILL stay put without the use of make-up remover, so do be mindful of that.

The magic of this stuff is the curl-holding power, combined with the ability to both volumize and lengthen. Just one coat gives me the perfect natural, flirty lashes. The brush is nice and precise, and while I've generally preferred silicone brushes in the past, the traditional wand works well here.

If I had to say one bad thing about this mascara, it would be the price. I've only repurchased once so far and both times I cringed as it rang through. I don't know what that other reviewer is talking about, $24 is plenty to spend on a mascara and it better freakin' work. And work, it does. If you are plagued with perpetually straight lashes, give this a try - you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Everyone with short, thin, and downward pointing lashes, please throw all of your drugstore AND high end mascaras into the "do not use" bin/trash can. set them on fire, and go buy this IMMEDIATELY.

I am a drugstore mascara junkie. I'm talking 6 mascaras on rotation in my stash at all times. I've tried all of the hyped mascaras on YT. The closest mascara that comes to HG for me is Lancome Definicils in Waterproof. This mascara is so magical that I seriously cried after I tried it.

After some playing around, I've found the best way to rock it: Curl your lashes, or at least attempt to before applying mascara. Then apply several generous coats with no waiting for any to dry. Then, wait for it to dry just a little and curl again (this is where the magic starts to happen). Then, apply a tubing/lengthening mascara such as L'oreal telescopic (preferably also in wp) and watch your lashes touch your lids and flare out like magic.

I am in heaven. On its own, I would rate this 4.5 if I could because it does smear slightly onto my lids (nothing a Q-tip can't fix, but still annoying consider how small and nimble the wand is). The real magic is how waterproof this is that it holds a curl no matter how heavy of a mascara you consequently put on. I can use any kind of mascara after this and it will still maintain that curl, making my lashes look much more abundant than they really are. Once it sets, you can only pray to the cleansing oil gods to take it off for you. This baby will last through tears (of happiness, obviously) and sweat.

They flare out so cutely that I don't mind the extra time applying this rather than relying on falsies that always look a little forced on my Asian eyes. Oh, and I asked my husband about it, and he said that they look like falsies and he was seriously surprised when I said they were my natural lashes. Squee!

I am too lazy to go re-rate my old mascara reviews into nothingness, but this definitely is the best of the best. Sure, it's expensive. But would you rather spend money continuously buying mascaras trying to find something that works or buy this every 3 months and have it work out every single day for you?

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After buying so many mascaras lately, I have really liked a couple of them, but I have been trying so hard to find something decent that is waterproof for an upcoming trip south! An SA at Sephora recommended that I try Cannonball awhile ago, and for some reason I ignored her recommendation because it was a bit cheaper than I am used to and the packaging looked like drugstore packaging so I really wasn't sure I should trust it.
The next time I went into Sephora another SA talked me into trying DiorShow Blackout Waterproof Mascara and it was absolutely terrible, and same with Lancôme Hypnose Drama Waterproof. After those and also quite a few more, I started getting really discouraged.

I finally went out and spent even more money and bought Cannonball and it is just amazing. Why didn't I listen to the first person who recommended this, and all the great reviews?!
With 2 coats it gives me super dark long lashes (I even had to comb through some of them because I thought I overdid it for a random day's makeup!) and I got that slightly hardened feel of waterproof mascara without flaking or feeling crusty. If this stuff is at least water resistant, sweatproof, and looks the way it does right now then I will be very happy to have it on vacation!

Right now my only complaint is the packaging! It doesn't catch your attention as waterproof, and it resembles a drugstore product. When you're in Sephora or another store specially for cosmetics, you're looking for higher end products and something like that just was not catching my eye compared to everything else! I would never have even found it because of where it was if it wasn't for the one SA! Would be much nicer if they made it brighter and bolder like everything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by BernieBrasco

I've bought this product two days ago because of the great reviews.Absolute waste of money.I have long eyelashes and I love curly mascaras which gibes them volume.Cannonball do nothing but at all.Very difficult to apply because the mascara is very runny and smells horrible.Thankfully I've find some Lancome Hypnose at home,so I applied it on the top of UD.Its ok,not great but not the worst either.I don't like Hypnose but now I clearly see the quality difference between these two.Extremly disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Dreyt29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must have tried a million mascaras by now and they've always disappointed. I have long-ish Asian lashes but they are as straight as a needle and no mascara I've ever tried has held a curl, until now. Cannonball is an absolutely amazing mascara. It really does lengthen your lashes significantly and hold a curl, and it's waterproof to boot. It is a little stubborn when it comes to removal. But I find that my lancome eye makeup remover takes it off without too much effort. Lovely product. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by angelstern

First off, let me describe what kind of lash look I personally like to go for with mascara. I have stick straight asian eye lashes that aren't the shortest, longer than average in the asian lash spectrum but still short compared to caucasian gals. I like them to look as natural, long and wispy as possible. I absolutely detest clumpy lashes and mascara that don't hold curl. Prior to Cannonball, I was a faithful fan of Dior Show Iconic Waterproof, but that was still a tad too clumpy for me and the curl hold wasn't that amazing. So, I decided to give Cannonball a try after hearing fellow asian ladies rave about them. I have to say, best $30 spent on a mascara. It gave me incredibly wispy, long (even longer than Dior Show gave me!), natural and held my curl. Now I can fake having "caucasian lashes"! It is also completely waterproof, I have taken showers with it and no panda eyes.

Only negative to this product is the removal process. It takes longer than usual to completely remove all traces of this. I use baby oil and Q tips & really work it into my lash line and takes about 5 - 10 solid minutes, which sucks because I don't want to be spending so much time removing my mascara. But this product gives me such a desirable lash look, I'll be using this for a very very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by fychen

I was one of those girls who only bought drug store brand mascaras. I was always told it was just as good as high-end ones. My favorite drug store mascara is Maybelline's The Falsies. Cannonball was the first "expensive" mascara I bought. It is very waterproof and holds up the curls in my short and straight lashes all day really well. I put several coats on and it does not make my lashes look clumpy. I didn't see any fall outs either throughout the day. This mascara definitely elongates my lashes. I wish it gave me more volume though. As far as taking off this mascara at night. It is just as hard to take off as other waterproof mascaras. I use a Japanese oil make up remover. I take my time and gently rub my lashes. After a regular facial cleanser, all the mascaras should all come off. This is definitely a great mascara. I love its small brushes which is very easy to work with.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Highskies

This mascara has a lot of pros, but the con I found would make me not purchase it again, out of personal preference. I purchased it because it is well rated on MUA and a few beauty gurus I watch highly recommend it. For £15 (GBP) it is good. The good points are that it most definitely extends my lash length. I have short lashes and the difference is very noticeable. Secondly, it also doesn't clump too much so I don't find myself spending that much time tidying up my lashes after using it. Thirdly, it is very much smudge resistant, which is great because after changing to this mascara I find I don't have mascara around my eyes. However, it doesn't seem to hold curled lashes for me. I curl my lashes using a Shiseido eyelash curler thoroughly and then apply the mascara but it doesn't hold the curl. I find that quite a disappointment considering I heard that it is perfect for stopping lashes from drooping over the course of the day. I just find my lashes to be poker straight after a few hours. It does however, hold the curl better if there is something to stick to, like false lashes.

Overall, a decent mascara, much better than what I've ever used before but I'll continue my hunt for one which holds my curled lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Nedzglf

This is my first review and I felt compelled to write because this product is so amazing! I have super oily eyelids and have tried every so called waterproof mascara that there is (Chanel, diorshow, Mac, benefit, Stila, tarte etc.) Nothing has worked except for Bobbi brown no smudge mascara but its so expensive and it stayed but didn't really do anything for my lashes. That is until I found this mascara. It stayed all day in humid 100 degree weather didn't fall to under my eye and generally made my lashes look nicer. Highly recommend especially for those of us that have super oily eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by elenaaax

I recieved this mascara as a gift on my birthday, and to be honest, I probably would not have bought this mascara myself, just because I tend to typically go for drugstore mascaras, since the price of them are much cheaper, and a lot of the formulas are good. However, I never found a good, waterproof mascara that actually did not smudge when in the pool. This mascara stayed on and didn't smudge of come off on my face at all. I don't have the longest eyelashes, and they don't go straight or down, they slightly curl up. The formula of this mascara helped my lashes have more volume and length. I love the wand, but the first few times I applied this mascara, it made my eyelashes quite clumpy. After about 4-5 uses the mascara stopped clumping as much, which I was very happy about. I love this mascara and would definitely recommend it.