July 29, 2014 | 1835 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by mka87

My first encounter with RT brushes was the large powder brush and the blush brush. I hated both, and was recluctant to try anymore, particularly a set of brushes from the same brand. I was intrigued to try the buffing brush (partly due to the hype online, and I don't usually buy into various 'hypes') so bought the set when I spied it on offer in Boots. What can I say? I have taken one lippie off because you can't buy the buffing brush seperately but overall I love this set. Some of the brushes I doubt I'll get much use for truth be told but the buffing brush is superb. Absolutely superb. Doesn't drink up the liquid foundation I use it with and feels very luxurious on the skin. The contour brush is also a winner and excellent for blusher on cheeks and a bronze contour. I don't use the other brushes much but generally speaking I enjoy this set a LOT more than the brushes which are sold seperately. I deliberated with buying this set/buffing brush or the Sigma F80 and came to the conclusion that for the same price I would pay for the F80, I could get a whole set of RT brushes. Definitely worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by slm1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally wouldn't buy a set I usually just buy singles but I love this set but I must admit I have no use for the foundation brush due to it being so tiny but I do love & use all the others & it was such a good price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I love these brushes. I bought these after reading a lot on them and am happy I did. I almost got the Ecotools. These are so soft and such an affordable price for the set at $17.99. I used a coupon from Ulta for $5 off and got them for $12.99! WOW such a great deal for such great brushes! The quality is insanely good.

The little detailer brush is my favorite for applying lipstick, its is SO precise. I have never had such a great lip brush before. The buffing brush is great for really buffing in mineral foundation and blush. The bronzer brush is just great. All of them are so great, I couldn't be happier and will be getting more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing brushes!! This beats any drug store or even MAC brush ive ever used. The best brush of this pack being the buffing brush that i use with my mac studio fix powder. It now replaces my $70 mac brush 129! I also love the contour brush for my bronzer. These brushes are versatile and can be used with many products in many ways. The only brushes i now need is real techniques!! Its just a pity how high the mark up is in australia compared to the us

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

I heard a lot of rave reviews about real technique so when I saw them on sale @ Harmon's I said why not. These brushes are awesome! They bristles feel dense & strong and they do not shed!! I hate when brushed shed. These are great brushes.I also bought the eye collection set which I haven't used yet. Def. worth it & you won't be breaking the bank buying these.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by bluestarjcf

An amazing set of brushes that I would recommend to anyone. The brushes are amazing and do what they say. I would recommend this to anyone if they were interested in buying makeup brushes. The concealer brush is the perfect size for spot concealing and the buffing brush is amazing to put on foundation or blending things in.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can i say......i,m a huge Real Techniques fan and love all brushes because the do what they promisse and alway's.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Mak3upObsessed

These are amazing!! 2nd best to IT COSMETICS brushes but are heaps cheaper and and do everything I want them to! These do not shed all over your face!! I have tried many brands, mac, Estée Lauder, napoleon perdis heaps of high end and low end that just shed all over your face! Annoying!! But finally have found 2 brands I would recommend and that is all the Real techniques brushes and it cosmetics brushes, trust me I've tried them all! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

I love these brushes!

Buffing brush: Used to apply my bb cream/foundation OR with my setting powder

Detailer brush: Used to put concealer around my eyebrows to shape them

Contour brush: Used to contour

Foundation brush: At first I disliked this brush BUT if you have any liquid foundation w/o a pump, just pour some onto this brush and use it to apply it to your face! Then use a different brush to blend it all in! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These brushes are really lovely - for the price range.
I got mine online and they cost about 23 Euros, for 4 brushes that's pretty cheap!
They seem well-made, are all very soft and light, and easy to hold.
It might be geeky but I love that they have their functions written on the brushes. The black fold-up case is great for travelling, so your brushes don't get squashed in an overstuffed washbag. It's also open on three sides, which means that even if you packed them up, the brushes would still have a chance to dry after you've washed them.

The buffing brush is my absolute favourite, like most reviewers. It's incredibly soft yet sturdy and with its big flat surface, makes light work of blending careful contouring and base to look really gorgeous & natural. I think this brush is worth the price of admission by itself :-)

The smaller (detailer) brush is also very useful, I have a few pigmentation spots and use it with concealer after foundation, before powder or highlighter. Some concealer brushes are so tiny, you need to go over & over the spot, but this one is perfect for a "wash" over a small surface.

The contouring brush is good, but fluffier than I have been using.
I think it depends on the product you use with it (I use the Sleek Contouring Set in Light which is very blendable) but it's still a dependable and precise brush for the job, as long as you have a really good buffing brush - see above.

The pointed foundation brush is my least favourite. I have a great old one (got it in Japan, sadly can't remember the brand) which is larger, rounded and flat with silkier and longer bristles: I find this a much better base brush, as the RT one seems to leave a few "tracks" behind.

Since I only got them recently, it's too soon to say how the RT brushes will last. I wash my brushes often so they may start to show a bit of wear.
Overall, I think they're good, solid brushes and a bargain.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No