July 23, 2014 | 1460 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by betwylok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This BB Cream really works well for me. I have tried a couple others. This one dries normally (not tacky or dewy) but I can still use it as a primer and it blends well with my skin. It really evens out my skin and I feel really good about wearing it out in the sun because of the high SPF. Terrific.

I did hope that they could make a more flexible tube or have a smaller size available for travel purposes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference: I'm Asian and NC35. I know many people said that this is geared towards pale and pinky undertones. I still went ahead and tried it. The verdict? Well, I admit it's a bit too white for my complexion, but when it sets after a few minutes, it kind of melds into my skin. I don't really see a ghostly or ashy face. My skin is normally combo oily and this does make me a little oily after 4-5 hours. I'm not crazy about that but I have to say the coverage is nice. It covers most if my past acne scars and a few sun spots. I like the creamy texture. This formula is very much like a foundation. I typically use a sponge to blend. I absolutely love the SPF 45. My skin is very finicky. I am breakout prone and I have acne scars on my cheeks. Im the type that will check ingredients before buying products. I noticed that this BB cream contained stearic acid and soybean oil so I was a little worried but you know what? My skin did not get irritated nor did it cause a bad breakout. I'm impressed with the BB cream, considering it's my first too. I have already bought another bottle for backup. Like I said, it's a great product except it can make my face oily after a few hours and also the hard case is hard to determine how much product is left. But I love the pump. Overall, I like this product. Great for outdoor events and just a natural, glowy complexion. If you are fair and pinky undertones, is definitely try this. You won't be disappointed. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

All I can say is TOO PINK AND CHALKY, yuck..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by SmellsLikeChanel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only foundation/BB Cream/Whatever that I have ever used consistently without getting sick of it or just "over it" and moving on. That's rare for me. I've tried other BB Creams and haven't been super impressed. I tried this on the back of my hand at Sephora and it looked SO smooth and silky and hydrating (I have dry skin) and even had a sort-of "sheen" to it... I had to buy it. I'm so glad I did. I love everything about it. It has a nice SPF (45) and it does NOT reek of SPF! I am sensitive to that smell-- I hate it. It gives smooth, even coverage but is sheer enough to see skin underneath... it glides over and hides imperfections but still looks like skin... It might be a bit too dark for anyone darker than NC20... If I have a tan, this might have a bit of a whitish cast... I'm NC15-20 (depending on the sun I get). It's silky and makes my dry skin look almost dewy... The bottle has a neat dispenser that clicks closed when turned. Very easy, no dealing with lids that can be lost... I love this stuff. It's worth the $. The only other foundation I'd use again is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Fndtn. I'd say these are somewhat comparable (for someone with dry skin, at least)...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a little conflicted about this product. On the plus side, it has surprisingly awesome coverage, staying power, ingredients, and packaging. Not so in love with the colors (looked a little pinky/chalky on my NC20 skin) or the price. The deal breaker though were the small, persistent breakouts I got while using this.

I'd tell someone to try it out, but it's not my fav.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by khokhmah

THIS!! This is a great BB cream. First off the packaging is great because it has a little pump so the remained of the product can't oxidize in the tube. High SPF, PA++ rating. I'm NC15 and this looks really nice on my skin too, not too dark or orange or grey or pink. Just right. Goes on smoothly and with great coverage but it doesn't look "makeuppy" at all. No smell to stink up my face all day (I'm looking at you Skin79.) Just perfect. So much love for this product. This is my new HG cosmetic.

I knocked it one star for being on the high end in terms of price. But so worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

So I was a little nervous trying this one out and even after application I almost took it off but I am glad I just gave it a little more time. I have very pale cool toned-neutral skin and when I put it on at first my face looked a little pinkish and slightly too dark. I will say after about 20 minutes the color seemed to adjust to my skin and then looked perfectly natural. The finish was a demi matte at first but then got a lil more dewy looking after a few hours. I did have to blot my tzone after around 5 hours BUT my tzone can be pretty oily some days and the product didnt slide or disappear it just let a lil oil through lol. Nothing that isn't fixable happened.

I got the set of 4 dr jart bb creams honestly I have tried 3 of them (black label detox, premium, water fuse) and I love them all equally. They give light-medium coverage. I find them a little moisturizing but even with my combo/oily skin I always use a moisturizer/primer first so if you have dry skin you may still want to use a good moisturizer as I just don't feel this one does as good of a job at that.

Hands down this is better than ALL the drugstore BB creams I have tried and I would say does pretty close to the 2 asian bb creams I have so it is a pretty good product. Sometimes you get what you pay for. The cheap ones just aren't worth anything more than a tinted moisturizer...at least this one will cover my dark circles and most blemishes or redness in one application and doesn't break me out. My skin seems to like it just fine :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by parkway

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have fair skin and this shade is just perfect for me. I was reluctant to use it first because I found some of the ingredients would irritate my acne-prone skin. When I was shopping at Sephora, I decided to buy one for my mother who also has very fair skin to try out. (eh... I am making her sound like a laboratory mice) She used it for at least 2 months before I finally decided to give a try. I questioned the coverage bb creams give and if the sunscreen ingredients are sufficient. With all those put into consideration, I thought: GAHH I am breaking up from the foundation anyways, why don't I just give it a shot and see how it goes. Ever since I made that decision, I have not regretted even once for trying. Dr Jart is a really famous brand throughout Asia. However, the price is not as cute as other competing brands, such as Missia or Skin79. I do not like shopping online because I am not able to verify the expiration date and full list of ingredients. Missia and Skin79 can only be purchased online if you are in the States, so I never considered buying them (I do not know their policies but most stores require you to pay for own return shipping).
This BB cream never broke me out and it provides really great coverage. It even covers my under-eye circles nicely; I was able to save a lot of money on foundation and concealer. The consistency is a little thick, so I do not know if this would be a good option in the summer for some people. I would definitely add oil absorbing powder to set the bb cream in the summer to prevent it slipping off from sweat. I heard people using foundation primer prior to applying bb cream. I personally think this is an unnecessary step because all bb creams are built with primer/ serum/ foundation/ sunscreen, like all-in-one. You want to keep your makeups as light and simple as it could be, so your skin can "breath".
I am a LAZYYY person. In the morning, I'd just have to wash my face and put this on directly (I even skipped toner and moisturizer because I broke out terribly whenever I added those extra steps).
To see if this is the right product for your skin type, I'd suggest you to get some samples from Sephora. Try for at least 4 to 5 days straight (do not change your regular cleanser/ night serum/ or whatsoever. If you DO break out during those 5 days, you can find out who the culprit is easily) before buying the actual product.
I gave it a 4 star. I looove this product, but I still need to take 1 lippie off for its price :( It's 39 USD for 1.4 oz tube (well, I only need 1 to 1.5 pumps for the whole face... the tube lasts for a long time. I am just comparing it to the other over-the-counter bb creams)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This makeup looks incredibly metallic on me. If I didn't have freckles, it probably would not look so bad -- but I do. It does have a pink cast that can make you look ashy too, so I only use this when I am kayaking, running.,,, It doesn't clog my pores or cause me to break out, so I reach for this when I am going to be in the sun for any extended amount of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by MksPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall I really like this BB cream. it is really light, so you dont feel like you have anything on. However, it is too light to blend in with darker skin tones.