November 27, 2014 | 1514 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I like the product and it makes my skin look a lot younger and healthier but the color is gray and ashy looking on my skin. This is surprising since I am fair and neutral. I was told that it was a one color fits all and that it self adjusts to match your skin color perfectly. It goes on gray and stays grayish. I can work some color into it with my bronzer and blush but without anything but the BB cream, my face is quite unbecoming and washed out looking. I am on the fence about whether or not I would repurchase, I mean I like the way it makes my skin look health wise but the color it horrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by chantililly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on sale for half price at Boots. Of course Boots doesn't have any testers of this product since it's in their "skincare" aisle, which is a pretty darn silly marketing choice if you ask me, so it was a completely blind buy.

The skin test on the back of my hand was quite promising-- I have very sensitive skin which can't cope with most foundations, and I didn't have any kind of reaction to it. However, I did notice that it was quite dark against my skin. Once blended in it became much more translucent and was barely visible, however, and as my hands are at least a shade or two paler than my face (I wear summer gloves in the sun because my family seems to be quite prone to sunspots, but I admit to being a bit incautious about using, or not using, sunscreen on my face-- it makes me break out) I thought that it would maybe be OK.

It turns out, predictably, it's too dark for my Illamasqua 115-120 skin. However, it's only a bit too dark, and in fact once it has settled in it isn't noticeable at all. It doesn't look too hot by itself, being too yellow for my skin tone, but with a top coat of Bare Minerals powder foundation it looks near perfect though I'd still prefer it paler. (Funnily enough I see lots of women here complaining about the "greyish" finish of many BB creams, and how nobody really has that skin colour; well, I do, and I wish this product had more of it!)

The thing I am impressed by is how well it copes with problem areas that foundations can't deal with. Because of my oily T-bar and huge pores, I have a big problem with foundation caking up in the corners of my nose, which is mostly unavoidable as my nostrils are very red and I can't avoid using concealer there. This doesn't hide either the darkness around my eyes (it isn't due to tiredness; I think it's just because I'm so white that the veins show through) nor does it hide the redness, but it evens them out and doesn't cake. It does highlight my pores a bit and it has a bit of a greasy finish on its own in some lights, but it's nothing powder can't handle and it looks beautiful under my Bare Minerals foundation-- exactly like my skin but fresh, glowing, and better.

Would I buy this product again? No. It does make my skin look nice, and I will probably use it on occasion, but I think I'll try some other Asian BB creams first. I could cope with the strange finish seeing as it does look quite nice if not examined up close, but it simply doesn't match my skin tone (for reference, I'm Illamasqua RF115-120) and I don't think that will get any easier seeing as here in the UK summer is already drawing to a close.

FINAL EDIT. While this looked super nice under my Bare Minerals foundation and I adore the dewy finish, after about five days of wearing it I broke out horribly-- whiteheads all over my nose and chin, big pimples on my cheeks where I haven't had any for years, and even a couple on my forehead where I never get acne. While it's calmed down a lot since then, my poor skin is still looking sad a week or so after I went foundation-free to let it breathe. As my skin was pretty much perfect before using it and this is the only new product I've tried, I know what caused that. If it was a bit lighter and didn't turn me into my sixteen-year-old nightmare it'd be a HG product for the gorgeous finish, so I hate to do it, but I have knocked off another lippie for just how terrible it's made my skin look. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who breaks out easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by frasianM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The lady at Sephora really sold this one to me. i have highly sensitive, combination skin. Texture was ok. It didn't irritate me, but I didn't have it on for long. The color is just so unflattering and unnatural. It is very ashy, chalky and greyish-pink. I don't think I have ever met a human being with this skintone. Thank goodness for Sephora's return policy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by arielkay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product. It has pretty good coverage for a bb cream and as a redhead, I love that it has a high SPF! My one complaint and the reason that I would not repurchase it; I feel like it get's really shiny. I have dry skin and halfway through the day I feel super shiny and have to re-powder. Good- not great.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of the Sephora 2012 Sun Safety Kit. I like that this had a high SPF and I didn't seem to notice any breakouts. The coverage is decent and not too think so it would be ideal to wear underneath foundation for sun protection. Although, I would not wear this by itself on a regular basis since it is very matte on me. The color also didn't match my skin tone very well. Almost every brand now has BB Creams out so I would look forward to trying more. This one seems to be nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by betwylok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This BB Cream really works well for me. I have tried a couple others. This one dries normally (not tacky or dewy) but I can still use it as a primer and it blends well with my skin. It really evens out my skin and I feel really good about wearing it out in the sun because of the high SPF. Terrific.

I did hope that they could make a more flexible tube or have a smaller size available for travel purposes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference: I'm Asian and NC35. I know many people said that this is geared towards pale and pinky undertones. I still went ahead and tried it. The verdict? Well, I admit it's a bit too white for my complexion, but when it sets after a few minutes, it kind of melds into my skin. I don't really see a ghostly or ashy face. My skin is normally combo oily and this does make me a little oily after 4-5 hours. I'm not crazy about that but I have to say the coverage is nice. It covers most if my past acne scars and a few sun spots. I like the creamy texture. This formula is very much like a foundation. I typically use a sponge to blend. I absolutely love the SPF 45. My skin is very finicky. I am breakout prone and I have acne scars on my cheeks. Im the type that will check ingredients before buying products. I noticed that this BB cream contained stearic acid and soybean oil so I was a little worried but you know what? My skin did not get irritated nor did it cause a bad breakout. I'm impressed with the BB cream, considering it's my first too. I have already bought another bottle for backup. Like I said, it's a great product except it can make my face oily after a few hours and also the hard case is hard to determine how much product is left. But I love the pump. Overall, I like this product. Great for outdoor events and just a natural, glowy complexion. If you are fair and pinky undertones, is definitely try this. You won't be disappointed. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

All I can say is TOO PINK AND CHALKY, yuck..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by SmellsLikeChanel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only foundation/BB Cream/Whatever that I have ever used consistently without getting sick of it or just "over it" and moving on. That's rare for me. I've tried other BB Creams and haven't been super impressed. I tried this on the back of my hand at Sephora and it looked SO smooth and silky and hydrating (I have dry skin) and even had a sort-of "sheen" to it... I had to buy it. I'm so glad I did. I love everything about it. It has a nice SPF (45) and it does NOT reek of SPF! I am sensitive to that smell-- I hate it. It gives smooth, even coverage but is sheer enough to see skin underneath... it glides over and hides imperfections but still looks like skin... It might be a bit too dark for anyone darker than NC20... If I have a tan, this might have a bit of a whitish cast... I'm NC15-20 (depending on the sun I get). It's silky and makes my dry skin look almost dewy... The bottle has a neat dispenser that clicks closed when turned. Very easy, no dealing with lids that can be lost... I love this stuff. It's worth the $. The only other foundation I'd use again is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Fndtn. I'd say these are somewhat comparable (for someone with dry skin, at least)...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a little conflicted about this product. On the plus side, it has surprisingly awesome coverage, staying power, ingredients, and packaging. Not so in love with the colors (looked a little pinky/chalky on my NC20 skin) or the price. The deal breaker though were the small, persistent breakouts I got while using this.

I'd tell someone to try it out, but it's not my fav.