Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

on 3/24/2014 2:53:00 PM

This is a great medium between a BB cream and a foundation; it's not too heavy but not too sheer. Although when first applied, I found it was a little too dark, it blended nicely with my skin tone within a few hours. This never once broke me out, but I would definitely say that it's more suited for dryer to combination skin as I found the finish slightly dewy/shiny. I definitely needed a matte powder for this one. As far as packaging I looved how sturdy it was, great for traveling!

on 1/20/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought 2 Dr. Jart BB creams - the Black Label and Premium. I ended up using the Black Label first and falling in love with it. I wish I had used Premium first - because while I like it just fine, I definitely prefer the Black Label.

How do they differ? The Premium reminds me more of North American BB's, it has sheer-light coverage and isn't very buildable (gets too shiny if layered), and a more oily-feeling moisturising base - the slickness is unappealing to me. If you don't use powder it tends to feel a tiny bit sticky on your face. I like dewy but this was a bit much on my skin. It feels like applying lotion, that hasn't quite sunk in - whereas the Black Label was a bit more matte, but very natural and non-greasy. Also, when I did a side-by-side comparison on my hand, I could tell the Premium was a bit more pinkish which is more noticeable on my yellow-toned skin in sunlight, while the Black Label has a more beige tone. Both are very light, and will probably work for those with fair to the lightest of medium skin tones (about NC20-25 max in my opinion, otherwise it can look grey). I was unable to wear this in the summer and hated both of them initially as my skin was darker, about NC25-30ish. When I did use it, I had to mix them with darker foundation - which is an option if it's a bit light for you.

The Premium can be good for casual make-up days. It is also fragrance-free. The coverage is enough to even out skin tone but not cover blemishes or dark circles or anything along those lines. But in the end - I prefer the Black Label, it blended perfectly into my skin and can be sheered out or built up to medium coverage, and I felt it "meshed" better with skin. I would not repurchase the Premium.

on 12/31/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have found my HG of TM/BB creams. This stuff is amazing. Great coverage, blends into my (NW 20) skin shade perfectly. I look absolutely flawless without looking like I'm wearing makeup at all. Very moisturizing without being greasy and absorbs well. When it comes out of the bottle it looks neutral almost gray, but when I blend it matches me perfectly. Only two downsides are the bottle, I can't tell when I'm running low until I've completely run out. The bottle, although it has a nice pump, it a hard case that you can't see through. Also the price. At $39 my wallet won't allow me to buy this as often as I would like/need to.

on 11/13/2013 7:56:00 PM

This stuff is great! I've been wearing it for the past year or so. Although this product is on the expensive side, I don't need to use moisturizer, primer, or powder with it. When I get home, I don't feel like I immediately need to wash it off, like I usually do with foundation. I bought the Dr. Jart BB cream sampler set from Sephora. I didn't like the Renewalist or the Black Label varieties (too greasy and wrong color), but I ended up buying full-sizes of the Water Fuse and Premium. I do wonder how it would work on someone with a different skin tone. (I'm somewhere around NC/NW 20). I would say that the Premium is slightly darker than the Water Fuse.

I was never really a fan of BB creams only b/c I felt I always needed heavy coverage. However, Sephora had a promotion & I got a small pack of 5 different BB creams. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It provided okay coverage. Definitely evened my skin tone but did not cover dark blemishes. A bit of concealer did the trick though. ;) I did not set my face w/ powder afterwards. I only wore it for about 5 hrs & I didn't need the slightest bit of touching up. It looked wonderful & make my skin appeared super smooth. It minimized the appearance of my pores fairly well. I probably wouldn't go out in the bright sun w/ this simply b/c I want a little more coverage but when I'm in indoors this will definitely be my go-to. So simple. Saves me the hassle of moisturizing, priming, applying foundation, & then a powder & then a setting spray (although you can). Love it! Might even repurchase a full size when I run out of BB creams!

on 10/20/2013 5:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

No coverage what so ever. I will never purchase this. I received a decent size sample of this & tried it over a few days. Didn't help w/my oily ness and I need some sort of coverage but this didn't offer that.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a hard time trusting one-color-fits-all BB products, because first of all, that's impossible for a BB cream to do unless it's completely colorless. Second, the color usually adds a cast to my face, be it white, grey, orange, peach...this one tends to lighten my skin tone and make me look paler than I am. But it does smooth imperfections and even things out, so it makes a great base under my foundation. No breakouts either. For a one-color-fits-all BB, this one is pretty good. Darker skin tones may not be able to work with it though.

I love that it has a high SPF instead of the SPF 15 (or less!) that a lot of products trot out...though that high SPF may be why the cream throws a pale cast on me.

on 10/5/2013 6:47:00 AM

Turns orange and melts off.

on 9/27/2013 1:39:00 PM

Good coverage, texture but color can be a bit ashy if you have a certain type of skin tone. I don't really get a dewey finish from this but my skin tends to be dryish. I like this BB, overall, it's one of the pretty good ones!

on 9/23/2013 6:14:00 PM