Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Arbutin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Alcohol, Lecithin, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, PVP, Platinum powder, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide.

on 11/13/2013 7:56:00 PM

This stuff is great! I've been wearing it for the past year or so. Although this product is on the expensive side, I don't need to use moisturizer, primer, or powder with it. When I get home, I don't feel like I immediately need to wash it off, like I usually do with foundation. I bought the Dr. Jart BB cream sampler set from Sephora. I didn't like the Renewalist or the Black Label varieties (too greasy and wrong color), but I ended up buying full-sizes of the Water Fuse and Premium. I do wonder how it would work on someone with a different skin tone. (I'm somewhere around NC/NW 20). I would say that the Premium is slightly darker than the Water Fuse.

I was never really a fan of BB creams only b/c I felt I always needed heavy coverage. However, Sephora had a promotion & I got a small pack of 5 different BB creams. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It provided okay coverage. Definitely evened my skin tone but did not cover dark blemishes. A bit of concealer did the trick though. ;) I did not set my face w/ powder afterwards. I only wore it for about 5 hrs & I didn't need the slightest bit of touching up. It looked wonderful & make my skin appeared super smooth. It minimized the appearance of my pores fairly well. I probably wouldn't go out in the bright sun w/ this simply b/c I want a little more coverage but when I'm in indoors this will definitely be my go-to. So simple. Saves me the hassle of moisturizing, priming, applying foundation, & then a powder & then a setting spray (although you can). Love it! Might even repurchase a full size when I run out of BB creams!

on 10/20/2013 5:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

No coverage what so ever. I will never purchase this. I received a decent size sample of this & tried it over a few days. Didn't help w/my oily ness and I need some sort of coverage but this didn't offer that.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a hard time trusting one-color-fits-all BB products, because first of all, that's impossible for a BB cream to do unless it's completely colorless. Second, the color usually adds a cast to my face, be it white, grey, orange, peach...this one tends to lighten my skin tone and make me look paler than I am. But it does smooth imperfections and even things out, so it makes a great base under my foundation. No breakouts either. For a one-color-fits-all BB, this one is pretty good. Darker skin tones may not be able to work with it though.

I love that it has a high SPF instead of the SPF 15 (or less!) that a lot of products trot out...though that high SPF may be why the cream throws a pale cast on me.

on 10/5/2013 6:47:00 AM

Turns orange and melts off.

on 9/27/2013 1:39:00 PM

Good coverage, texture but color can be a bit ashy if you have a certain type of skin tone. I don't really get a dewey finish from this but my skin tends to be dryish. I like this BB, overall, it's one of the pretty good ones!

on 9/23/2013 6:14:00 PM

Excellent

on 8/15/2013 9:21:00 PM

I like the idea of a BB because I hate the feeling of heavy foundation on my skin and would rather wear no makeup than a mask everyday. I switched to this after my Dior Hydralife ran it's course. The Dior was just too orangey for me and I tend to have oily skin so it made me an oily mess during the day although the coverage and packaging was fabulous. The price was also almost $60 which was laughable although it lasted me a good 8 mos with some left and almost daily usage. I care more about skin care benefits than having a 100% flawless mask face. There were two options and because of the skin care the lady at Sephora suggested I try this brand.

The color matches almost perfectly my light sandy colored skin. I would say if you are medium+ and warm undertones, this will not work for you because it's very light and has a cooler base. I am impressed that it doesn't make me incredibly oily after 10 hrs of work although it's not matte by any means. Just a heads up the first time I used it it hardly did anything because it was so light and watery and I thought uhhhh no way my Neutrogena HSE is better than this for 1/3 the price. I had to shake it up and then it was closer to a consistency of a foundation although much more lighter going on.

I'll update if I have any skin improvements or reactions, but I'd consider this sheer-light+ coverage. It will help to even skin tone or blur imperfections, but will not cover them. I have light freckles and it does not really cover them like a foundation does. Love the SPF and the pump is nice although unlike the Hydralife it's in a hard "tube" that you can't get the last drop out very easily. MUCH more affordable than the Hydralife although not drugstore prices.

on 8/2/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. It is a little light in color, so I mix it with Boscia's BB and the color is perfect. I use this as my foundation.

This BB has nice coverage. The color seems to darken as you wear it. So beware buffing a touch of bronzer on! My biggest complaint with this product is Blackheads. I see nothing that states it's non- cominagentic (which I've likely spelled wrong).