Got2B POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

3.8

Aqua , Silica Silylate , Sodium Benzoate , Citric Acid , Octylacrylamide , Acrylates , Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer

on 8/16/2012 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is not what I was expecting - it's way better. I thought this would be like baby powder or some other typical powder. It feels coarse and gritty and almost wet to the touch. I also don't follow the instructions - I put it directly on my hair at the roots and fluff it up. It adds texture and volume and actually sort of does what it says it will. It does kill the shine a bit but it's an ok tradeoff for the volume you get. Its easy to use and has no scent. I will be stocking up on this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I saw MissChevious on Youtube use this is her "second day hair video" and I thought I would give it a shot, for 6 dollars at Ulta, I can't loose much right?

MY HAIR: Straight, but slightly wavy at the end and the underside. VERY thin and VERY fine. Also quite stubborn. My hair doesn't like to hold curls, volume, etc. within a few hours it just flops

INITIAL IMPRESSION: ( will come back soon with an update)
So I decided to ignore the instructions and just sprinkle it into my hair, starting near my crown and working my way forward, constantly fluffing with my hands to create volume.

It worked...sorta... but maybe I had gotten my hopes up to much.

That is why it is three lippies at the moment, I was expecting more OOMPH! But with my hair that is nearly impossible without teasing to the point of being a lion. It did, however, create a really messy texture that I rather enjoy. So that is a plus!

I will keep my receipt, and try it a few more times. If I end up changing one way or another I will come back with an update! But at this point it gets a "meh" rating from me with three lippies.

on 7/28/2012 5:23:00 PM

I have very fine hair. This stuff basically takes the place of back-combing. It allows me to achieve the same exact results without creating clumps of rats nests. I don't like how quickly it pours out, and because it's lightweight powder, it's really difficult to determine how much product is remaining in the opaque container.

That said, the product itself is far and away the most innovative one I've ever used. It soaks up oil and provides grit to my flat, oily roots - gives volume by itself and makes it easier if I want to create even more volume with back-combing. Also makes my roots appear fuller because there's no liquid or alcohol to pull strands together giving that hard look that exposes scalp - yeah, there's none of that here. Just really gritty, textured hair. Does NOT leave any residual powder, and doesn't make hair look dirty in the slightest.

For anyone with fine hair, limp hair, or if you just want some more grit, volume, and texture for pliability, this is the HG. I WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT THIS PRODUCT AGAIN!

on 7/14/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hoard this stuff; when it's on sale I buy 2-3 at a time and throw one in my purse, one stays at work and one at home.
I am not a fan of having to wash my hair daily-it's hard on it so I used to use dry shampoo between hair washes. Dry shampoo hasn't been my favourite, it's dulling and hard to get the white residue out no matter how much I try and brush it out. Using this kind of does the double duty of volumizing AND making it look less oily.
As for volume, that it adds. I do find it makes hair a bit sticky and hard to run your fingers through BUT the style holds all day. If hair falls a bit flat, i just dampen my hands and fix it up. Awesome.
Love, love, love this stuff! I've tried the salon stuff and it's not even close to being better. This stuff's cheap and works.

on 7/9/2012 1:27:00 AM

Just bought this a couple of days ago and I love it. My hair is fine and really soft so it tends to go flat and doesn't hold a lot of styling or body. Rub some powder in my hands and rub it in my scalp for some instant volume and texture. Hair is still really touchable and not stiff which I like.

Heck yes I would buy again!!!

on 6/11/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I used to use the other one in the red container by the same company but I like this more and here's why - you can find it easily at most CVS stores, and the powder is somewhat finer so your hair/roots don't feel quite as sticky. Easy to use and really works!

on 5/26/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I recently finished chemo, lost a lot of hair. It is thinning, baby fine, limp and lies flat on my head
I have been trying to find anything that would give me some volume to hide my scalp.
I just used this and it worked great! I am very happy with it and will experiment with the use. I put in my hands rubbed together and then rubbed my scalp however I see here that some people sprinkle on the scalp and then rub. I will try that.
While I have baby hair all over it is very short so my scalp shows through. With this product I feel better about the way my hair looks. It was also a good price.

on 5/18/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this stuff! I Couldn't live without it. Ive tried more expensive ones from the salon that were triple the price of this & they don't compare. I'm typically a product snob, but have been branching out lately & purchasing more from the DrugStore. I really think that some of the DrugStore beauty brands are really stepping up their game! Helps me out in this horrid economy.

on 5/11/2012 2:35:00 PM

I originally picked this up when Superdrug (UK) had a 2 for 5 promotion running. I usually use their collagen hairspray for volume, so figured getting both was a bargain.

The product itself is in a short tube container which resembles a salt or pepper shaker. Sooo easy to use. Sprinkling a small amount onto the hands and rubbing together, you then apply to the roots. Then all you have to do is fluff up the hair and turn the volume up as high as you want.

I gave this product a five, because it does what I want it to. I use it for volumous hold that gives me time to use hairspray. I find it just does not stay put on its own for very long, but who doesnt set their haor with a little hairspray, right?

Good product. :D

on 5/5/2012 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have medium thick strands but my hair isn't in the thick zone- it gives my hair, body that its not flat looking anymore. I had tried the first time on not freshly washed hair (quite eager to see if it works any good) and it seemed to absorbed the oils in my hair which is GREAT!!!