July 26, 2014 | 1421 users online

Sunscreen - Obagi - Nu-Derm Sun Shield SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG status finally and for my super fussy clog/breakout prone easily irritated nightmare pain in the but skin that is a task! lol. Bottom line anyone with similar skin knows hwo impossible it is to find spf that doesnt clogs and holds up in teh summer without leaving your face a greasy/shiny/broken out nasty mess by the end of the day. I was truly going to give up on spf for what it was doing to my skin and the thousands I have spent in the last decade trying them all from ds, natural, high end, european, chemical, phsyical you name it. Spfs seem to come in two forms, one being thick or never absorbing leaving my skin a sticky hot mess in the summer or all the fluid euro formulas which sounds ideal for my skin type but on teh contrary are FULL or cones and alcohl which both irritate and break me out liek crazy. In that not much left in between. Obagi was about the only random brand I hadnt tried as not a fan of the all too many online pruchases I made for similar brands raved on the boards/online which failed me but I was desperate. I ran this Spf 50 formula vs the vitamin c spf 30 version (good reviews) on cosdna and this came out a winner. Not that you can always judge by that as have many times broken out from products with perfect seeming ingredients. Well crossing my fingers worked as this formula is perfection. Light yet still gives me the moisture I need even being oily prone, easily absorbs, leaves my face feeling smooth and matte yet without that fake feeling from cones/silica/all the other crap in most spfs, and best of all no irritation or clogged pores or breakouts by the end of the day. Also yes I know this formula does have some cones but finally made me realize cones in everything dont make me break out as I had thought as I do think all the other cone products I have tried have many other ingredients that causes clogging or irritation for me while no problem in this spf. I amost can't believe it and just sucks I didnt accidently try this years ago and had to waste so much money on trial and error in the last decade for the sole mission of SPF being the best anti-aging trick which I truly believe but came at the price of horrible skin. Jan Marini Antiox Spf 30 is the only other spf I can tolerate but keep hearing it is unstable sadly so more than glad to have found this with a higher spf to boot as a replacement. Don't hesitate to try this one and truly is worth the $$ and goes such a long way, best price by far is on Amazon, truly impressed! :)

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rubberleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this about a month ago. Great sunscreen, melts into your skin without any white cast. I have used the Obagi spf35, which leaves a white residue & is prone to balling up & leaving mottled white clumps, especially around my nose & on the flaking skin round my mouth (from the Obagi Nu-Derm programme I'm on)... this glides on easily & leaves my skin feeling super smooth.

My only issue is my skin is still so red (again, from the Nu-Derm programme) that a bit of a white cast might come in rather handy... :)

Harder to get hold of in the UK but eBay did the trick. Will certainly purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best everyday sunscreen I have ever used. Period. It goes on silky smooth and dries matte, providing a perfect base for my mineral foundation. I think anyone could benefit from use of this product, especially people with oily skin, as it has a mattifying effect. It is a little pricey, but it is a good investment for your skin.