Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Powder Brush

4.5

on 3/9/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This brush is awesome! So big, fluffy, and soft! Great value considering this is softer and more dense than a mac 150. All the real technique brushes are really lightweight and easy to hold on to. I've never seen mine shed at all, and they keep their shape after washing (to ensure this I hang all my brushes upside down to dry on the towel rack with a hair elastic). Perfect powder brush IMO.

PROS: No shedding I've seen, which is important to me. I love the firmness of this for a fluffy blush brush (I like mine on the big side). To me, I like I VERY loose/nonfirm powder brush. I don't like scratchy bristles, and this one isn't scratchy or rough (but it's not a very soft brush.)

CONS: Just don't really have a con for this. It's not the cheapest in the world, but it's lower than most H.E. Might be hard to get into the nose creases or such if using this for powder, cause its end is kind of large/rounded for that. If you like a very soft brush, like Ecotools or Too Faced, you may not want this.

on 3/7/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This thing is huge! :D I really like how it works with my powder. It applies powder very evenly. Love this and the price is not bad at all.

Reigning Supreme Queen of powder brushes.

on 2/17/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Where have these brushes been all my life?? Like seriously! For so long I've been needing new brushes and haven't bought any because there so expensive for good quality, so I'm used to buying Mac brushes but even those your spending an arm and a leg for brushes that aren't even that great quality so I've been waiting patiently on a miracle that I would come across some good quality brushes and still be able to keep my arms and legs, and low behold I stumbled upon Real Technique brushes. I purchased this brush because I was previously using an Elf powder brush but it's way too scratchy for my face (looking for a cheaper alternative obviously, don't get me wrong Elf brushes are good too but the powder brush just wasn't working for me) so I didn't like to use it, I thought about purchasing a Mac powder brush but couldn't justify the money for a damn face brush, then when I saw these babies at Ulta I read up on reviews and did my Alleluia praise!

This brush is the first I purchased from RT so I do not know how the other brushes are, but let me say this is one of the softest best feeling brushes on my face, and it was only $9 I believe? It applies product so well and feels amazing on my face, I truly love it and cannot wait to try out more of the brushes the line has to offer. It feels very sturdy and nice so I don't see it falling apart, Thank you RT for making awesome affordable brushes!!

on 2/15/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This had been my goto powder brush ever since I got it. The bristles are so soft and they are at the correct density to distribute powder on your face without it being to cakey or fake-looking.This leaves my skin with a natural look and feel to it and I would repurchase if I ever lost it or it broke (which I highly doubt it will).

on 2/12/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Ahh, I just LOVE the powder brush.
It's quite big so it's perfect for settingpowder and even bronzer. (not contouring, but bronzing)
It's also really really soft, which I love. I always go for synthetic brushes, like this one.

I don't have anything bad to say about this brush.

on 2/3/2014 5:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this brush, the size of it, just everything about it. I'm applying my lily lolo powder mineral foundation and it's just wonderful. Love it :)

on 1/21/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a well made, very soft, very luxurious brush, especially for the price. Its also huge and way too big to get in all the contours of my face when applying powder. This would be great for applying powder or shimmer to the body, and its also a good size for all over bronzer for the face, maybe in the summer I'll get more use out if it for that.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Excellent powder brush at an affordable price. Is it as soft as the expensive animal hair powder brushes you might have been coveting from a high end line? No, but I've never seen a cruelty-free brush be able to mimic that level of luxurious softness. Particularly not at a sub-$15 price point. That's not to say that animal hair always trumps synthetic hair in feel, just that the animal hair has a higher quality ceiling. Anyway, RT's powder brush is definitely soft enough to please just about everyone. It feels very nice on the face, soft and not at all scratchy. It's a nice big fluffy brush, so it's great for dusting finishing/setting powders or bronzer sheerly and evenly over the face. I wouldn't recommend it for applying powder foundations, as the bristles are too long and too fluffy to deliver more than sheer coverage. If you're in a pinch though and this is all you have, using the side of the brush like a paddle foundation brush can deliver more coverage.

Like all Real Techniques brushes I've tried, this brush doesn't shed and holds its shape and softness after washing. It's very well constructed, so unlike with some budget brushes (white handled Sonia Kashuk brushes, I'm looking at you!), I don't have to worry about the glue holding the brush head and handle together wearing out over time. These brushes are made to last!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products