April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by akyu615

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this powder brush!! It's so fluffy!!! (Agnes voice). And so so soft. Its also dense but not densely packed if that makes any sense. One of my favorite Real Techniques brushes. I use this to apply my MAC pressed blot powder. For less than $10 at Ulta. Would def recommend especially during one of their bogo 1/2 off sales with ecotools.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by 4everbeauty21

I love this line of brushes their good quality they do their job and thru really inexpensive

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by lalas17

I love this brush! I don't have much to compare it to, but it's fluffy and so soft on my skin that I've begun to absolutely love powdering now. I heard about it from Tanya Burr and Zoella, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by TheDragonsVanity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Powder Brush is HUGE and extra fluffy. It works great to dust a light amount of finishing or setting powder all over the face. Its so big though, that I can't use it to dust away any fall-out that may have occurred while doing my eye makeup. It just won't fit under there!

All Real Techniques brushes are very easy to clean and dry quickly. None of the Real Techniques brushes I have have ever shed on me, nor are any of them stained from continued use of colored products.

I have 2 downsides to Real Techniques brushes:

1) If you use alcohol or an alcohol-based cleaner to spot-clean clean your synthetic brushes, be sure to keep it away from the rubbery/soft coating on the black handle- it will melt the coating off. It doesn't ruin the brush, but you will be left with a black, shiny plastic handle with sharpish edges (this happened to my Expert Face Brush).

2) The aluminum ferrule will dent relatively easily compared to steel ferrules of other brushes. Do NOT knock the brush on the side of your sink to shake the excess water out after you've washed any of your Real Techniques brushes- it will dent the crap out of it. Don't ask me how I know. ~sigh~

Overall Real Techniques brushes are high quality, ultra-soft brushes at a great price point. I would recommend them to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another mediocre rating from me on this line of brushes.

This powder brush like others have said I find too floppy to give me a good powder application. I am not sure what I am doing wrong to be honest, maybe it's just down to preference?

The brushes in this line really are not that bad, they are decent enough but I find that this one isn't to my liking. It's just too meh. Sorry, this is a crap review I think - very short. I use it with loose powder and I find it unwieldy and it doesn't really make the most of my expensive powder.

I also hate the thick base, I dont' want to stand my brushes up on the table!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by cocorawr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that it stands on its handle. It's super soft, big, and fluffy! Works well with my Alima mineral foundation, as well as my setting powder. Washes well and doesn't shed. Next I want to get the Expert Face Brush since everyone is raving about that. I chose to get this one over that one first because the Expert Face Brush seemed too small to use for foundation and setting powder (I like light or *sometimes* medium coverage). Oh well, not complaining about any product of this brand, so can't wait to get that brush next!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

I absolutely love this brush! It's the biggest brush I own!
It's very large and soft and it's so easy for me to sweep on my pressedpowder one my whole face and neck. I find that it picks up the product well and it's so affordable :) I'm so glad I purchased it. In Canada it retails for $10-12 cdn dollars at London drugs.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I barely used this brush and once while washing it , it lost all its hairs , horrible, really dont know if this one was a bad one cause i have the blush brush and it s excellent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

Best powder brush I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I love love LOVE this brush.

It's so soft and just glides the product onto your skin! I'll never use any other powder brush.
Even after giving your brushes a deep clean, it's still incredibly soft! Love it.

Highly recommend this brush!