Trader Joe's Spa 100% Pure Jojoba Oil

4.6

on 4/22/2012 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has TRANSFORMED my skin! I have incredibly oily and acne-prone skin, and I am amazed by the results. I use this every night after washing and toning to moisturize my face before I go to bed. This isn't greasy at all, and it absorbs well into the skin. No scent, nothing annoying about this product. Do not be afraid of putting oil on your face! Jojoba oil most closely resembles natural human skin oil than any other oil, so by putting this on your face you are preventing your skin from over-producing more oil because it thinks it's parched and dry. Worth a try! I got mine for about 3 or 4 bucks at TJ's... can't beat that price.

on 4/7/2012 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Versatile and Fragrance Free. Non greasy, so it's the best to use as an after shower body oil. Good to use as an Eye Makeup remover as well. Non comedogenic so I have used it as a facial massage oil too. Add to your moisturizer to amplify moisturization. Could use a better packaging.

on 3/28/2012 7:58:00 PM

My HG product! I have used whole bottle already, its my eye makeup remover, face makeup remover, extra booster for my face/body moisturizer. It work amazing! And love love love the price! (How can I complaining $6-$7???!!!). I mixed the oil and water (half & half) in to a small bottle as my eye make up remover (I mixed very small amount tho, it could last me about 3-4 days, then I mixed some more for fresh ones). Shake it up then put on cotton pad to remove all make up from my face and eyes. It remove 90% of make up but leave my skin feel nice and soft without any drying my face. Then my Mia 2 will take care the rest of the make up on my face when I am in shower. For moisturizer, I put body lotion on my back, legs and arms first. then wait around 5 mins I put very very small amount of jojoba oil on top of the lotion. My body used to very very itchy and dry during winter, even after I put lotion on. by doing that, it feels like seals the moist on my skin. Then my skin would feel moist, soft and no itchier! It effect last me around 2-4 days without reapply any lotion, but I am sure my skin will feel better if I apply lotion daily on my body. I really love this oil. It has changed my skin condition. It s effected and cheap! I am sure I would repurchase again.

on 2/8/2012 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG, one and only, eye makeup remover. Yeah, the packaging could be a bit better as the oil runs out too much if not careful, but it just works so cotton pickin' well that I have to give it the full 5 lippies.. As other's have stated already, dissolves ALL eye makeup, waterproof or not VERY WELL and quickly. I disperse a small amount in my palm, use my finger to spread it on my eye, and remove with a wet cotton ball that has been squeezed to remove excess water. No chemicals, no stinging, CHEAP (Dang, not sure, but I think it's a 4 oz bottle, check the TJ website) and lasts me about 6 months I believe.
Go ahead, get some now!!! :-)

on 1/23/2012 7:00:00 PM

This is a excellent makeup remover, and works particularly well on heavy-duty gel eyeliner, which is why I bought it. It doesn't have a scent, doesn't irritate my eyes, and doesn't 'pull' the delicate skin around my eyes when it's time to take off my makeup. It completely melts every trace of eye makeup and eyeliner to get my face ready for cleansing.The only thing I would change is the packaging. It runs everywhere if you're not careful. No biggie, though. Just transfer it to a user-friendly plastic bottle and you're good to go. I feel good using this product because I know it's natural and isn't going to irritate my eyes with weird chemicals I don't need. Trader Joe's stopped carrying Desert Essence brand which had slightly larger packaging yet they sell their brand for the same price. Not a deal breaker but it makes you wonder. Anyhow, pick up this stuff. You won't regret it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This oil is amazing! I never thought I could use one product for so many things! I use is as a facial cleanser, moisturizer for my face and body, hair conditioner, and a deep treatment for my hair. It doesn't clog my pores and doesn't make me break out. It leaves me with unbelievably soft skin. The good part is that it isn't greasy at all. It soaks up very fast leaving to residue behind. This is a great product and the best part is that it is so cheap! Only 6-7 bucks! I have already bought a second bottle, with half of my first remaining. Great product all in all.

on 10/25/2011 4:46:00 PM

This isn't a review of jojoba oil in general but TJ's oil. I would prefer organic but I do like TJ's price. There is little to no scent and it feels great going on. The packaging is a little annoying because it drips too much but other than that, this is a great product.

on 9/5/2011 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My HG eye makeup remover - it removes every trace of my eye makeup and leaves my skin soft and happy.

The top bit broke off the bottle though, so it doesn't close anymore, which is a bit annoying. I don't like the packaging.

I will still repurchase again & again.

on 7/3/2011 2:25:00 AM

It's fine, but I prefer the Desert Essence brand TJ's used to sell. I have been using DE jojoba oil on my face for the last 6ish years and love it. My face is moisturized and never greasy. The TJ's brand seems to be just as good, but it has a light natural scent that the DE brand never had (DE was nearly scentless). The light smell is reminiscent of sesame. A delicious smell but I prefer not to smell that right after washing my face.

I guess I'll have to go to Whole Foods or buy online to get my scentless DE oil.

on 7/1/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I am on my second round of this. I use it for everywhere. On my naturally curly, frizzy hair it keeps it from looking frizzy and dry and help define my curls better. I use a couple of drops of this on my face after my honey mask. I am currently using this on my baby bump to reduce stretch marks. I will update how well that goes after the baby gets here.