Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm NC20, blonde hair and brown eyes, this stuff looks great on me. It's on the bold side as far as tinted lip balm goes but it's not overwhelming. Does get really flaky though, unfortunately. I'll probably buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A lightweight (not thick, waxy, gloppy) balm with a nice hint of reddish-brown color. It's not a product for the dry cold harsh weather of winter (I use Lypsyl for that) but it's very nice for an everyday balm for your purse or pocket. It's nice in every way.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product was awesome! I am a lipstick/gloss junkie and this actually left me with lots of color and moisture. It is always in my pocket and i use it all the time. I am actually having my engagement pictures this week and this color is perfect! I don't want to look like i am using too much lip product so this is great! Great pigmentation and lasting quality!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

What a waste of money! I picked the darkest tint (Red Dahlia) and there was virtually no tint on my lips whatsoever! My lips are naturally pale so there should've been some coloration. The balm itself was average and didn't moisturize and condition as it claims to do in fact my lips were waxy after about an hour. Will not buy again!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am on the fence with this product.

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle in the summer). I have pretty pigmented lips also. When I first swipe this across my lips, I like the subtle deepening of my natural lip color. However, as I continue to wear this throughout the day, my lips not only feel drier and drier, but then I kept putting more lip balm on, and I noticed that as the color grew stronger, this shade looks really off with my skin tone :(

If I wanted a "high maintenance" product that I have to layer with lip balm to moisturize my lips and remember not to over-apply, I'll take a lipstick, thank you.

For me the colour and performance of this product is similar to Clinique's Chubby Stick, in 'Graped Up', which I have used for some time. I prefer fragrance-free products where possible so the disadvantage for me with the BB lip balm is that is that I don't like its sweet, rosy-berry scent. I expect I'll get used to it though, as the BB lip balm is half the price of the Clinique Chubby Stick! (Not sure what the quantity of the Chubby Stick is tho'. The BB lip balm is 4.25 g.) The outer packaging of the BB lip balm adds nothing to the product as far as I am concerned.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only Burt's Bees product I've had any luck with. Lovely reddish-brown shade that goes on very smoothly. Beautiful color, not greasy or gloppy, but has to be applied often and I don't think it offers any SPF. I'll still keep it on hand though, if only for the color.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this on sale at Target and am so glad I did! I'm not crazy about Burt's Bees lip balm. It's minty, but I feel that it dries my lips out even more because of the minty feel. I love other BB products, so I decided to try this tinted balm out on a whim. This balm is quite different from the original BB balm. It's very soft, light, and moisturizing. This color might be the darkest of the bunch, and it comes out really nicely. My lips are pretty pigmented, and the red showed up and wasn't patchy on me.
Yes, this balm is more slick than the original formula, but it is moisturizing and has a nice tint. If you're worried about the coloring being too sheer, get the next darker color. It won't be too heavy or harsh.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I found this patchy and overly scented. I actually threw it away, and if you knew how obsessed with lip balms I am that would mean something to you. I actually wish the application had been more sheer, and the product harder. I think the patchiness would not be very noticeable with the medium colors, but with the light and the dark I would steer clear of this product and save my money.

This tinted balm is great! It protects my lips skiing and makes this pretty and pinky-red. It gives just rnough tint. It has a rose-y smell that I enjoy.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products