December 28, 2014 | 2143 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by eeemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at Target and am so glad I did! I'm not crazy about Burt's Bees lip balm. It's minty, but I feel that it dries my lips out even more because of the minty feel. I love other BB products, so I decided to try this tinted balm out on a whim. This balm is quite different from the original BB balm. It's very soft, light, and moisturizing. This color might be the darkest of the bunch, and it comes out really nicely. My lips are pretty pigmented, and the red showed up and wasn't patchy on me.
Yes, this balm is more slick than the original formula, but it is moisturizing and has a nice tint. If you're worried about the coloring being too sheer, get the next darker color. It won't be too heavy or harsh.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by mianga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I found this patchy and overly scented. I actually threw it away, and if you knew how obsessed with lip balms I am that would mean something to you. I actually wish the application had been more sheer, and the product harder. I think the patchiness would not be very noticeable with the medium colors, but with the light and the dark I would steer clear of this product and save my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by destreng

This tinted balm is great! It protects my lips skiing and makes this pretty and pinky-red. It gives just rnough tint. It has a rose-y smell that I enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by rd_donaldson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim several months ago and have kept it in my car for "emergency color." Unlike many other reviewers I love the cardboard tube because it has kept this little gem from melting in the summer or freezing in the winter. I'm pale and my lips tend toward purple if left to their own devices, so I usually need a little color on my lips, this fits the bill. I can apply without a mirror, but if I want to build the color I use one just to keep it even.

I like the texture, it's not waxy or greasy. It feels smooth and lasts a decent amount of time for a balm. I plan to repurcahse when this tube runs out and want to try the other colors in this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes, this tinted lip balm costs more than Burt's Bees balms. But it's a far better product and--like others have said--costs far less than similar, non-"natural" products sold by other companies. The silky consistency of the tinted lip balm sets it apart from the standard Burt's Bees balms and shimmers that, although nice, are stickier and thicker.

Red Dahlia is better on my fair skin and pale lips than Clinique's Black Honey. It seems to stay a truer dark red even after wearing off while Black Honey sometimes turns a bit fuchsia on me as the day goes on. I'll definitely purchase again and will try other colors in the line.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by dbisbano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Feels like a dream going on and the color is awesome. A smooth, sheer wash of a brownish red. Of course, it doesn't stay on long but no tinted lip balms do, do they?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color of this lip balm-- Red Dahlia-- reminds me a lot of Clinique's Black Honey. So, even though it's more expensive than the regular Burt's Bees lip balms, it's half the price of the Clinique!

Overall, I'm very pleased. I usually layer it over a lip stain for a little more color. It's also nice on the weekends alone, when I don't want to wear much of anything but still need a little bit of color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally a lip balm that isn't sticky or grainy. Red dahlia is the darkest colour from this collection but it looks fine on my nc25 skin. The lasting power is normal for a balm and it feels really nice on my lips. Nice scent too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I initially thought the cardboard packaging it came in was the actual lip balm, but its not. Besides that, Im in looove with this lip balm. I wanted to carry around a lip balm w/ some color in it & figured why not try this one. It took me a while to purchase this cuz when I would go around to buy it, i back out. But im so glad I finally bought it! The texture on these are way different (IMO) than the other lip balms from burts bees. Its alot silkier and moisturizing, and just doesnt "sit" on your lips. The color isnt as vibrant as I would like, but its buildable and its enough for me with two swipes. I myself have discoloration on my top lip, so this helps fills them in (if you know what I mean). There is no tingly sensation you would get with the regular burts bees lipbalm. Overall, I really enjoy this lip balm & use it everyday, even when Im not going out. Really going to look into the other colors now :)) Oh and these are readily available at any drugstore, Target, Wal-mart, etc!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Soccergurl3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product! There are many upsides to this product such as its color and texture! Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm has a silky, smooth texture and a vibrant, yet natural color. I prefer it in Rose, because it has a natural red glow, and can be used as a substitute for lipstick. The only downside to this product is that it stains. I left this in my pocket before washing my favorite white shorts...the result was not so great. Unfortunately, the stain doesn't come out, even after bleaching the shorts. But overall i love this brand and color. I often wear this to formal events, without having to pile on the matte red lipstick! Love this, and i recommend this to all, but be careful where you leave it ;) You dont want red splatter painted white shorts :)